@wmwcjr,
It is, I wonder who idea it was?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:33 pm
Chuck Schumer mocks Trump's
negotiating skills on 'The Late Show'

Quote:
On The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., was asked what it’s like to negotiate with President Trump. Schumer’s first reaction was to laugh. He then mocked Trump’s negotiating skills, or lack thereof.

As Senate minority leader, part of Schumer’s job is to negotiate with the president, who considers himself a master negotiator, on policy issues. But Schumer’s view of the Trump’s skills aren’t quite as high, to say the least.

“He has two ways of negotiating,” Schumer said. “One, he’ll shake your hand and the next day totally back off. [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi at the White House and I had an agreement with him on DREAMers for border security. He agreed and the next day got pressure from this hard right. He totally backed off. That’s what he does over and over again,” Schumer said.

According to Schumer, Trump’s other method is much more straight to the point.

Schumer explained, “His other way of negotiating is saying, ‘Here’s how I want it. You do it my way or else.’”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chuck-schumer-mocks-trumps-negotiating-skills-late-show-082633283.html
BillW

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l49JHIs05SxHAnUvS/giphy.gif

rev -
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:37 pm
Quote:
Shannon Watts
‏Verified account @shannonrwatts
Franklin Graham just said on MSNBC that we need The Wall to keep out “dangerous people with dangerous guns.” After 26 children and teachers were shot to death in Newtown, Graham said we don’t need background checks on every gun sale because God does them
Slate
His father was no Mensa candidate but the son is far stupider.

Walter Hinteler

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:38 pm
@blatham,
I noticed the gif in a report on this website.

Clicked on via GIPHY and on that site on Copy link.

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
I've been arguing for a year that Trump's presentation style is exactly in the manner of professional wrestling (which Trump himself was deeply involved in)

https://media.giphy.com/media/26CaNqu5P9l1epq3C/giphy.gif

@Walter - I can't seem to get it appear here though the link works.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:49 pm
@blatham,
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170502151059-trump-shutdown-tweet-780x439.jpg

Thanks, I've been told this before, but never really figured it out.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:50 pm
@Real Music,
You can argue that Trump's personal style has led to the state of affairs where the Minority Leader of the Senate goes on some clown's TV show and mocks the president of the US, and you probably would be correct, but Schummer didn't have to get into the gutter with Trump so now he's as guilty as the president.
Setanta

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:54 pm
Incredible that Finn would acknowledge Plump's guilt in the latest clown show debacle--but it's really hilarious to see him sneering at a Democrat for playing politics, when that's about all the Republicans have done since the 1994 midterm election. Can anyone say obstructionists?
blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 02:58 pm
@revelette1,
Well done! You are now accepted as a member of Phi Latham Omicron. Congratulations!
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:06 pm
This is from the Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley (whom I've never heard of before on Fox and Friends.
Quote:
“Nobody is buying that — look you guys are sitting with a former TV Superman in Dean Cain,” Gidley responded while referencing co-host Cain’s past television role. “I’m working for a real-life Superman over my shoulder in Donald Trump.”
Mediaite
blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:09 pm
@Setanta,
And Colbert, who is one of the sharpest American humorists to appear in a long while, is a "clown".
wmwcjr

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:29 pm
@BillW,
I wanna drive one down Main Street. Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:36 pm
Quote:
Watch Mitch McConnell kill effort to protect military pay as GOP pushed for shutdown
Link Here

Anyone surprised? Anyone?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I agree with you that he shouldn't have appeared on the comedy show. It's not dignified.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:41 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
“I’m working for a real-life Superman over my shoulder in Donald Trump.”

* giggle *
blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:44 pm
What has Trump said previously about a government shutdown and who will/ought to be held responsible
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/954590994003087361
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:47 pm
@wmwcjr,
Not that there's any similarity between being a Trumpy and being enveloped in a cult.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 03:50 pm
From the women's march today, my favorite slogan
Quote:
“Grab ‘em by the midterms”
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 04:24 pm
Women are marching on Trump's one-year
anniversary in office

0 Replies