monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 05:54 pm
He didn't say "shithole," fool. Wrong, yet again.

He said "shithouse," so there:

Cheese-chompin CBS wrote:
The debate over President Trump's use of vulgar language when discussing immigration appears to be shifting, leaving some to question what exactly the president said in his Oval Office meeting last week.

"He used a different -- my understanding from the meeting, he used a different, but very closely related vulgarity. He said 's-house,' and not 's-hole" National Review editor Rich Lowry said. Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey reported that this difference is the basis for the recent denials of Sens. Tom Cotton, R-Arkansas, and David Perdue, R-Georgia, that Mr. Trump used "sh*thole" to refer to the countries.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-trump-say-shithole-or-shithouse/

Contrary to prior reports, witnesses are now saying that no one at the meeting paid any particular attention to the word when it was said. No one objected or even raised an eyebrow at the time. Dicky "Drama Queen" Durbin simply pretended like it was a major deal AFTER the meeting was over.

What a candyass, eh?
layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 06:15 pm
@layman,
Quote:
On Friday, Mr Durbin said: "I cannot believe that in the history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday. President Trump said things that were hate-filled, vile, and racist. He used those words repeatedly."

THE ENTIRE FUCKIN HISTORY OF THE WHITE HOUSE, I TELLZYA!!!

I guess he forgot LBJ sayin he didn't even want a shithouse bombed in Vietnam without his prior approval, eh?

Candyass.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 06:52 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Facts? We don't need no stinkin facts!

Quote:
The Center for Immigration Studies has exhaustively examined welfare use by immigrant area of origin. Central America and Mexico are at 73 percent, the Caribbean at 51 perrcent and Africa at 48 percent. Europe was far lower at 26 percent. East Asia was at 32 percent and South Asia the lowest of all groups at 17 percent. And such disparate outcomes for immigrants by nation-of-origin continue multi-generationally.

The U.N. has a "Human Development Index" for all 188 countries. You can see it here, if you want to take yourself a little gander: http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

Pakistan is WAY down the list at 147th, yet it is still put in the "medium" human development category. Only those below Pakistan are considered by the U.N. to be "low human development" countries--absolute shitholes, ya might say.

Haiti was 163rd, and every single one of the 25 countries ranked below it (with the exception of the garden spots of Afghanistan and Yemen) was in Africa.

Like, whooda thunk, I ax ya?

If you check that U.N. list, Norway is #1. I wonder why that is? Oh, I know, there could only be one possible reason, right? Because most of them are white, not black, eh?

There's no OTHER difference between Norway and the lowest country on the list, Central African Republic, surely.
layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 07:15 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
If you check that U.N. list, Norway is #1. I wonder why that is? Oh, I know, there could only be one possible reason, right? Because most of them are white, not black, eh?

There's no OTHER difference between Norway and the lowest country on the list, Central African Republic, surely.

If you ever get stupid and start thinkin otherwise, then ya best go talk to some cheese-eater so he can straighten your sorry ass out, eh? Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 07:29 pm
@Real Music,
I think it would have been better if they hadn't announced their plans.

Would have been better to have some empty seats there .... unless the WH plans to go Hollywood and has already hired seatfillers.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Real Music

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 08:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Would have been better to have some empty seats there .... unless the WH plans to go Hollywood and has already hired seatfillers.

When it comes to Trump, I wouldn't put it pass him. He has paid people to feel seats before.
layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 08:34 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

When it comes to Trump, I wouldn't put it pass him. He has paid people to feel seats before.

Who aint?
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 09:10 pm
@Real Music,
tRump feels a few seats if he gets a chance also...... Shocked Twisted Evil Razz
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 09:19 pm
@layman,
Trump is prepping AN American Gestapo, IN OTHER WORDS. h'S GONNA GET BLOWBACK LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVW IF HE ACTUALLY TRIES IT.
layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Trump is prepping AN American Gestapo,

It's done been done, homeboy. Bannon got it all set up, orange shirts and all. Aint no more preppin to it. March is hack-a-daca month, ya know?
layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I can see moving all of the liberals down to Guantanamo. It would be a way to put a stop to all the witch hunts.

Gitmo? Gitmo what?

Gitmo water boards, boy, that's what.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:39 pm
Trump's ex-wife aint nuthin nice. No wonder he dumped her for someone younger, eh? These British bastards always bring out the worst about Trump when "interviewing" people like her.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:48 pm
@oralloy,
It depends on what you mean by revolutionary

If you mean causing a significant and dramatic change I agree.

If you mean tearing down the government and replacing it with something new, I don't.
oristarA

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:50 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I can see moving all of the liberals down to Guantanamo. It would be a way to put a stop to all the witch hunts.

Why not conservatives including Trump rather than liberals? That would be more reasonable of such move.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:56 pm
@blatham,
Oh, diese schlauen lustigen Deutschen!

Not a very original cartoon, but if anyone should know about times of fire and anger, it's the Deutschen

(Now where's Walter to correct my German? Smile )

Walter Hinteler

Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not sure if the cover design is "schlau" and "lustig". But it reflects to the pre-print of David Cay Johnston's new book and a feature about the German edition of Fire and Anger.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:41 am
Quote:
Does the Aziz Ansari sexual misconduct story signal the end of the #MeToo movement?

It's been a concern for some time that the #MeToo movement has been in danger of becoming a witch hunt. What began as accusation and exposure of the disgusting has morphed into criticizing boorish behavior by men in general

Take the accusation over the weekend of comedian Aziz Ansari. A woman, referred to as Grace, told her story to Babe magazine about a date with Ansari gone wrong. In it, she’s excited to go out with him and goes back to his apartment. He only offers her white wine which she finds off-putting. He makes clumsy passes at her, some of which she engages in and some of which she rebuffs. She tries to steer the evening toward cuddling and TV-watching but he persists in his seduction attempts. At no point does she make a move to leave despite her discomfort.

Grace was not hanging out with Ansari for a career opportunity. Their date was understood to be romantic by both of them. If we’ve reached a point where #MeToo will include regrettable hook-ups the whole movement is diluted and actual sexual assault stories minimized.

Ansari issued a statement on Sunday night underlining that all that had occurred between himself and Grace had been entirely consensual and made sure to note that he “continues to support the movement happening in our culture.” Ansari seems not to realize that he’s no longer in that movement but on the outside of it, its latest target. The consent is beside the point now.

The movement has to start asking women who come forward to share their stories the inevitable question: You too what, exactly?

Karol Markowicz is a columnist at the New York Post. She has also written for Time, USA Today, The Observer, Heat Street, Federalist, Daily Beast and elsewhere.

I don't know who this guy is, but I've read other accounts where "Grace's" basic complaint (which she felt compelled to see published) didn't think the sex was that good.

If that's what it is, then meeeeetoo.