Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:30 pm
@BillW,
Agreed
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Can you imagine what it must be like for the poor women who have to work with those creeps? A perfect illustration of the need for Me too.

I have found it's much easier to corral dopes face to face. With a well chosen reply they suddenly look foolish, the other men laugh and the yahoo thinks long and hard before he tries to embarrass you again.

Have you noticed how the number of women posting has dropped considerably? I understand why they are reluctant, it can be discouraging to run into all the unneccessary attacks and negativity while the same bozo's bitch and whine about all the man hating women ruin things for the good and moral men. A2K has very few frightened little boys, and I am extremely happy I've met so many interesting men and women here. A few I've known on-line via various forums for 15 - 20 years. Overall my experience here has been very positive, I'm not really bothered by the occassional dolt.
blatham

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 01:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Spike Milligan said that he would have his tombstone engraved as follows...

I told you I was sick.
blatham

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 01:31 pm
Obviously, the thing that won't need to be shouted from those gathered at the upcoming SOTU address is
Quote:
You lie!

Note: I'm breaking precedent here by awarding myself the No ****, Sherlock! award.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:21 pm
Quote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:03 pm
Heh, it's a full-blowed cheese-o-rama goin down in this here joint, eh?

American, Asiago, Brie Bleu,, Camambert, Cheddar, Dortmunder, Feta, Gorgonzola Havarti, Jarlsber, Limburger, Munster, Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano Swiss, Wensleydale, Yum.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:21 pm
Important tip. So important think of it as an order.

Amazon is streaming season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for free this weekend. I'd not seen it before. It is utterly brilliant in all ways - acting, casting, writing, costuming, sets, soundtrack, camera work. Best thing I've seen in a long while.

Watch it. Or I will come to where you live and eat your pet.
izzythepush

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I have noticed the amount of women posters dropping off, either leaving or confining themselves to non controversial threads like word games.
izzythepush

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:35 pm
@blatham,
This is his finest hour.

blatham

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 03:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Thankyou for that, izzy!

PS... I noticed one face in the assembled, the actor who played Hedges (red braces) in Lipstick on Your Collar.
blatham

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 03:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Re: glitterbag (Post 6575617)
I have noticed the amount of women posters dropping off
The reluctance of females to engage in political threads has been the case in every discussion group I've been involved in. And where they do give it a go, most don't continue. The reasons are, or certainly seem to be, related to male aggression and stupidity.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 03:42 pm
@blatham,
I don't know the show, sorry.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 05:50 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Important tip. So important think of it as an order.

Amazon is streaming season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for free this weekend. I'd not seen it before. It is utterly brilliant in all ways - acting, casting, writing, costuming, sets, soundtrack, camera work. Best thing I've seen in a long while.

Watch it. Or I will come to where you live and eat your pet.

We loved it, and everything about it is so meticulous from the clothing to her mother's fastidiousness, the furniture and the prevailing pretensions. It might seem a little overwrought to people under 40, but I was a very young girl during that period and it's absolutely accurate regarding 'appropriate' behaviour expected of proper women. My favorite scene is when young Mrs. Maisel arrives at synagogue wearing a fur coat and her mother completely loses her crap demanding to know who gave her the mink. It is a roller coaster of fun.
layman

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 06:00 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
llinois Sen. Dick Durbin says he had high hopes of securing President Trump's approval of a bipartisan plan for "Dreamers" when he and South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham went to the White House to make their presentation at about noon Thursday.

According to Durbin, he and Graham believed they would be the only lawmakers in the room with the president, and they were surprised to find that in the two hours since Durbin's first phone call with the White House, Mr. Trump had invited five other members of Congress as well. All were immigration hardliners
CBS
Yeah, once Trump indicated that he was willing to compromise, they figured they could play him for a chump. They thought they could flounce in, completely unopposed, present their bullshit as being supported by "everybody," and he would fall for it.

No doubt Trump's "shithole" characterization was in part provoked by their presumptuousness. He had said the word "merit" was crucial to any plan he would approve and they ignored that completely.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 13 Jan, 2018 06:42 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
There aint no "mistake" here, it was all premeditated:
Quote:
Hawaii's scary false missile threat: Worker's push of the 'wrong button' to blame

Hawaii emergency officials confirmed Saturday evening that an alert about an inbound ballistic missile was a mistake, which a state emergency official attributed to someone pushing the wrong button.

At about 8:07 a.m. local time, Hawaii citizens received an emergency alert on their phone that read: “BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.”

"The U.S. Pacific Command has detected a missile threat to Hawaii. A missile may impact on land or sea within minutes. This is not a drill," the television broadcast stated. "If you are indoors, stay indoors. If you are outdoors, seek immediate shelter in a building. Remain indoors well away from windows."

"If you are driving, pull safely to the side of the road and seek shelter in a building or lay on the floor. We will announce when the threat has ended. This is not a drill. Take immediate action measures," the broadcast concluded.

Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, tweeted: "...The whole state was terrified...."

Hawaii Gov. David Ige said Saturday is "a day that most of us will never forget," a day Hawaii residents thought "our worst nightmare might be happening."

"Clearly, government agencies are not prepared and lack the capacity to deal with emergency situations," Saiki said. He also noted that the State House would begin an immediate investigation.

Like I done said, no mistake. This little escapade was designed, among other things:

1. To be a "test run" and to establish, as a precedent, that "mistakes can be made" due to human error. We might just end up nuking N. Korea "by mistake," ya know?

2. To show that the "warning" system is basically useless, in any event. It won't protect anybody. Best way to do that is to take them bastards out, NOW.

3. To expose citizens, first hand, to the real dangers lurking out there. To "terrorize" them, for lack of a better word. Now, they won't complain if N. Korea suddenly gets nuked--by mistake or otherwise.

Good work, Trump! The stage has now been set.

Everything (well, nearly everything) that is wrong with liberalism in a nutshell:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/368920-jamie-lee-curtis-blames-trump-for-hawaii-false-alarm