monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:23 pm
Well of course they have been
Quote:
More than a dozen Fox hosts and contributors have been raising funds for Republican Party organizations around the country since Donald Trump was elected president, according to a Media Matters review.
MM

Fox is and always has been a propaganda operation intentionally functioning as an arm (or brain) of the Republican party.
Below viewing threshold (view)
BillW

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:43 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

It's been one long, loud, hysterically screaming temper tantrum, replete with hyperbolic hyperbole, cheap insults, irrational assertions, and manifestly unwarranted hope followed by nihilistic assessments of chaotic disaster, from the right ever since election eve. They are like children, babies in most instances.

And they have the chutzpah to pretend that the childish tRump isn't?

Go figure, eh?

I agree!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:10 pm
Here's a criticism of Wolff's book that needs to be considered
Quote:
He is presented as clueless instead of corrupt, as are the staffers surrounding him
Globe and Mail

Trump doesn't lie every day because he's a neophyte. He doesn't try to bully others, and do so in the crudest terms, because he's inexperienced in political operations. He doesn't regularly contradict himself or speak incomprehensible/illogically because he's so eagerly focused on the two or three hour security briefing he will get later in the day. He doesn't ensure that his presidency is making him personally richer in real time because no one has tipped him off to the laws and norms established to prevent corruption.

He does all these things precisely because he is deeply corrupt.
BillW

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:21 pm
@blatham,
....and, it appears Senators Graham and Grassley are also corrupt on tRump's behalf in lying about Senate testimony brought to light today in the release by Senator Feinstein of the Steele Dossier.
blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:42 pm
scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam (as sung by Monty Python)
Quote:
Donald Trump’s spiritual adviser has suggested that people send her money in order to transform their lives, or face divine consequences.

Paula White, who heads up the president’s evangelical advisory committee, suggested making a donation to her ministries to honor the religious principle of “first fruit,” which she said is the idea that all firsts belong to God, including the first harvest and, apparently, the first month of your salary.

"Right now I want you to click on that button, and I want you to honor God with his first fruits offering,” she said in a video shared to her website, in which she encourages her followers to donate to her ministries to get blessings from God.
Newsweek

How appropriate this lady is Trump's spiritual adviser.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:43 pm
@BillW,
I hope one day to learn what lever was shoved up Graham's bum.
BillW

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 09:59 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I hope one day to learn what lever was shoved up Graham's bum.

That has been my exact thought ever since he had a round of golf with tRump about a month ago and had a 180 degree turn about in his tRump opinions. Grassly's head has always been up tRumps rump.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 10:56 pm
Quote:
Urethra Battler Miku
‏@GreyTheTick
I notice the usage of "Feminazi" has dropped off considerably now that anti-feminists have decided that the Nazis weren't all that bad actually.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 11:06 pm
The very funny folks at Bad Lip Reading do Trump's anthem performance
youtube
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 11:40 pm
Today's installment in WWSD?*

Quote:
Philip Rucker‏Verified account
@PhilipRucker
Trump’s line agreeing (momentarily) with Sen. Feinstein on a clean DACA bill — “Yeah, I would like to do it” — is missing from official White House transcript https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fifty-five-minutes-at-the-table-trump-tries-to-negotiate-and-prove-stability/2018/01/09/0b41af64-f570-11e7-a9e3-ab18ce41436a_story.html?utm_term=.9133ef17f438 …?amp=1

*What Would Stalin Do?
wmwcjr

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:09 am
@blatham,
No more pretense. "Fair and balanced" was always a lie. They don't want a news media that's objective. They never did. What they really wanted was a news media that spouted only their party line so the masses would side with them and not think for themselves. They haven't changed a bit. They've always wanted to control everything. That's because they're driven by a lust for power. Especially power over those who aren't like them -- the different ones! Ever since I became interested in national politics in the fall of 1969, I've suspected as much; and now I'm convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt. One of their leading activists (whose name I don't recall at the moment) said that he and his fellows were not interested in expanding the right to vote (including those historically deprived of the right to vote such as black Americans living under Jim Crow, which institution they defended). He wanted the right to vote to be restricted instead of expanded because, as he himself claimed, they could not come to power and stay in power for a very long time if too many people voted.

Whom am I speaking of? Political conservatives, that's who. Their goal? The imposition of an oligarchy -- government of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich -- and a trip back in time to the 1920s or even farther back than that. The imposition of a John Birch Society regime over the U.S. created and led by the excessively, mindlessly rich Koch brothers, who just happen to be spawn of the creator of the John Birch Society. These people are farther to the political right than William F. Buckley was in his lifetime. Too bad the Democrats are too ideologically flexible and too stupid and too weak to withstand them!
blatham

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:21 am
@wmwcjr,
There's nothing there I'd disagree with, will.

The fellow you have in mind is this guy (wikipedia entry)
Quote:
Paul Michael Weyrich (October 7, 1942 – December 18, 2008)[1][2][3][4] was an American religious conservative political activist and commentator, most notable as a figurehead of the New Right. He co-founded the conservative think tanks The Heritage Foundation,[5] the Free Congress Foundation, and the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). He coined the term "moral majority," the name of the political action group Moral Majority that he co-founded in 1979 with Jerry Falwell. After Vatican II[6] he switched from the Roman Rite of the Roman Catholic Church to that of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church and was ordained protodeacon.

And here's the video of him explaining why he didn't want everyone voting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

wmwcjr

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:24 am
@blatham,
He'd send it down a memory hole. That's what he'd do. A memory hole in the Ministry of Truth! Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:28 am
@blatham,
* buzzing alarm goes off repeatedly *

You're right, blatham! That's the guy I was thinking of!

Now it's time for me to say good night.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 12:51 am
Quote:
Dan Pfeiffer
‏Verified account
@danpfeiffer
Propagandist loses job for telling the truth is one hell of a headline
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 01:51 am
@layman,
Quote:
Not Trump, not nobody, can make haters stop hating. Haters gunna hate. That said, I think that video clearly demonstrates that Trump is doing his very best to unite, not divide, people in this country, whatever political party they may favor.

Trump is constantly demonstrating that he himself is the biggest divider. Trump is constantly demonstrating that he himself is the ultimate hater. Trump hates Hispanics. Trump hates black people. Trump hates strong women. Trump hates war heroes. Trump hates gold star families. Trump hates poor people. Trump hates sick people. Trump hates the FBI. Trump hates the truth Trump is constantly seeking out new groups of people to hate. Who's next? Maybe Trump will announce that he hates cute puppies.

Trump doesn't hate everyone. Trump does love rich corporations. Trump also love Fox News also known as fake news. Trump is deeply in love with Sean Hannity of Fox News. Trump also loves Vladimir Putin and all of Russia. Trump truly adores anyone who will kiss his ass and call him God.
Builder

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 02:08 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
Trump truly adores anyone who will kiss his ass and call him God.

I didn't know Donald had a donkey. The rest of your post was pretty funny, but totally without evidence, but that's never bothered anyone here, unless they're not whistling the same tune.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 10 Jan, 2018 02:15 am
Quote:
A US judge has blocked attempts by the White House to end a programme barring the deportation of children brought illegally to the US by parents.

In September, President Donald Trump rescinded the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) programme.

But San Francisco's Judge William Alsup ruled it must stay in place while litigation against the move continues.

The Obama-era scheme protects some 800,000 people, and also provides temporary permits for work and study.

In his ruling, William Alsup stated that "the government is hereby ordered and enjoined, pending final judgment herein or other order, to maintain the Daca programme on a nationwide basis on the same terms and conditions as were in effect before the rescission".

He said the justice department's argument that the scheme was illegal was based on a "flawed legal premise".

The district judge ordered the government to process renewal applications from people who had previously been covered.

However, this would not be the case for those who had never before received protection under the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42630921
0 Replies