monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:30 am
Quote:
A post-Brexit trade deal between the U.K. and U.S. could be in danger if Donald Trump doesn’t get invited to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, according to the author of a controversial new book about the U.S. president.

Michael Wolff told the Mail on Sunday that Trump would resent any snub and the so-called special relationship could be damaged unless he “gets what he wants.”

Trump “doesn’t like being snubbed and wants to be the center of attention all the time,” Wolff said.
Politico

Well, I certainly don't know how Wolff gets the idea that Trump has to be the center of attention at all times. Does Wolff think Trump might be some kind of sick sociopath like Mussolini or something? Sheesh.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/rb-composite-d-trump.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=750&h=500&crop=1

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:39 am
Stable genius gives America a lesson in proper grammar
Quote:
Everything I’ve done is 100 percent proper. That is what I do, is I do things proper.
hightor

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:39 am
Quote:
In one of his first calls with a foreign leader after being elected, Mr. Trump spoke with the Pakistani prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, and gushed that he was a “terrific guy.”

“Mr. Trump said that he would love to come to a fantastic country, fantastic place of fantastic people,” Mr. Sharif’s office said in a statement describing the call. “Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people.”

More recently, Mr. Trump switched to threatening them, saying on Twitter that Pakistan had “given us nothing but lies & deceit” and accusing it of providing “safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan.”

The public humiliation outraged Islamabad, giving an opening to China, which moved within 24 hours to praise Pakistan’s fight against terrorism. Pakistan then agreed to adopt the Chinese currency for transactions, to improve bilateral trade.

François Heisbourg, a French defense and security analyst, commented tersely about Mr. Trump’s anger this way: “Pushing Pakistan into an exclusive relationship with China.”

NYT
This is obviously the work of a very stable genius.
layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:50 am
Let's review here, eh?

In June, 2016, the DNC throws $11 million into a pot to be used by a "research" organization (Fusion) notorious for specializing in smear campaigns based on false allegations. It just so happens that this same firm was working for russians at the time.

The russian lawyer who went to Trump tower was in the country illegally and this was known by the Obama administration. She was seen in the Company of Fusion's chief defamer, Simpson, on that very day. Clearly a cheap-ass attempt to "set-up" Trump with the assistance of Obama, but that's a whole other story which I'll ignore for now.

Fusion hires Steele, who pays bribes to russians to make false allegations against Trump and puts it in a "dossier." Then what?

Quote:
Steele talked – and talked a lot – to the FBI. Steele told the left-leaning magazine Mother Jones that he first took the material to the FBI "near the start of July." As a result of their talks, Steele and the FBI reached a tentative agreement whereby the FBI would pay Steele to continue the anti-Trump work. All the while, Steele was also working for the opposition research firm Fusion GPS – his dossier was the result of a Fusion anti-Trump project funded by the Clinton campaign.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-what-the-trump-dossier-criminal-referral-means/article/2645184

So now Hillary has the corrupt Obama FBI paying this russian stooge too, eh? Then what? Did Steele talk to anyone else? Is the Bear catholic?

Quote:
Steele briefed reporters on what he had found. In a London court case, Steele's lawyers said that in September 2016, Fusion GPS directed Steele to brief reporters from the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, the New Yorker, Yahoo News, and, later, Mother Jones. Steele did each briefing individually.

"Individual briefings" to CNN, WaPo, the NYT, and others, eh? But they refused to publish the trash, knowing they would go down in the flames of a libel suit if they did.

Did the FBI have any such qualms about this fake dossier? No doubt, but they didn't let that stop them from using it to illegally obtaini a secret FISA court warrant authorizing them to bug the Trump campaign, eh?

Of course, after the "dossier" was published in full by Buzzfeed, the MSM has gone plumb hogwild attempting to legitimatize it.

Russia has played Americans bigtime, quite successfully. But not by compromising Trump. They played the chump-ass MSM and managed to tear the USA almost in half by doing it.

Good work, fake news!
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:08 am
@hightor,
As many have observed, the precursor to stable genius Trump was Sarah Palin.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:15 am
Quote:
As an EPA intern, I was barred from mentioning climate change

...Combing through the old tweets, I noticed that some had links to the EPA’s information on climate change, but the links were now dead. I had to leave the links out of my draft tweets, erasing paths that citizens had once been able to follow to learn about the science. I understood that policies change from administration to administration, but could science, based on years of research, really become outdated, too?

I was also asked to look at the EPA’s Instagram account to get a sense of what the agency wanted to focus on in its social media. Under the Obama administration, many images on the account featured EPA employees from across the country, as well as Superfund sites turned into parks — and even scientist Bill Nye . Under the new administration, EPA chief Scott Pruitt appeared in every picture or video through the first months — often with one of his quotes, such as “We as a nation can be both pro energy and jobs and pro environment. . . . We don’t have to choose between the two.” (Since then, the images have been more varied, though many still show Pruitt.)
WP
layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:22 am
Quote:
Russia has played Americans bigtime, quite successfully. But not by compromising Trump. They played the chump-ass MSM and managed to tear the USA almost in half by doing it.

Aint the first time, by a longshot, eh? Back in the 1930's the NYT published a steady stream of false propaganda supplied to them by Joe Stalin. They even got a pulizter prize for publishing that trash.

It took many decades, but eventually the NYT admitted that it had been played:

The NYT wrote:
Taking Soviet propaganda at face value this way was completely misleading, as talking with ordinary Russians might have revealed even at the time. Duranty’s prize-winning articles quoted not a single one – only Stalin, who forced farmers all over the Soviet Union into collective farms and sent those who resisted to concentration camps. Collectivization was the main cause of a famine that killed millions of people in Ukraine, the Soviet breadbasket, in 1932 and 1933 – two years after Duranty won his prize.

Some of Duranty’s editors criticized his reporting as tendentious, but The Times kept him as a correspondent until 1941. Since the 1980’s, the paper has been publicly acknowledging his failures. Ukrainian-American and other organizations have repeatedly called on the Pulitzer Prize Board to cancel Duranty’s prize and The Times to return it.

https://www.nytco.com/new-york-times-statement-about-1932-pulitzer-prize-awarded-to-walter-duranty/
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:37 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
This is obviously the work of a very stable genius.

Yes. I'll take India over Pakistan for an ally any day.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:41 am
Latest in our much-heralded Voices From The Right series
Quote:
Trump’s emotional and mental limitations should debunk a number of rationalizations from his devoted cultists, who insisted he was the best choice in 2016, cheered his first year in office and continue to pretend he’s fit for office. He’s sounding presidential. No, he’s reading off a teleprompter, likely with very little comprehension. He’s playing four-dimensional chess with Kim Jong Un. No, he’s impulsively lashing out, with the risk of provoking a deadly clash. He’s a master manipulator when he shifts from position to position, sometimes in the same sentence. No, he likely doesn’t realize what contradicts what or remember what he originally said. His use of alternative facts is a brilliant scheme to control the press narrative. No, he’s incapable of processing real information and driven by an insatiable need for praise and reaffirmation.
Jennifer Rubin

Increasingly, I have been thinking of Trumpism as a cult phenomenon. And by "Trumpism" I'm not referring to any set of consistent political ideas because Trump manifests nothing remotely close to that. Rather, I'm referring to the nature of his supporters and his appeals to them. As he himself said, "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters". Trump understands something important about the nature of his appeal to his followers.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:42 am
@layman,
Quote:

This is probably way too generous to the MSM, insofar as it assumes that they were duped. Were they? I don't think so! Homey don't play dat. I should have said:

Russia has played Americans bigtime, quite successfully. But not by compromising Trump. They played them by providing the MSM with the material they desired to use to systematically play the American people--for their own substantial financial and political gain.

The commie-ass Times wanted to convince the country that commieism was a great thing back in the 30's, too. They succeeded in convincing a whole shitload of chumps, who became commie ideologues, got into government, and betrayed the country in the 40's, 50's, and '60's.
layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

blatham wrote:

Who was it that said that a genius would always be opposed by a confederacy of stupid people? Mark Twain?

Johnny Swift, eh?

Jonathan Swift wrote:
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

It fits, sho nuff, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:51 am
Quote:
Even after the dissolution of Trump’s voter commission, critics worry that its mission will live on
WP

I really don't know much about the staffing and workings of Homeland Security on this matter but we really better keep an eye on this because movement conservatives are NOT just going to drop this program.
layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:01 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Even after the dissolution of Trump’s voter commission, critics worry that its mission will live on
WP

You're really slow on the uptake, aincha, Blathy? This is not even a matter of doubt or speculation. As I posted days back, the commission has expressly acknowledged that the DHS is taking over the project.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:34 am
Cheese-eater #1: Did ya hear the news? Jeff Sessions now knows his job is on the line so he's gunna have the Clintons, Comey, Lynch, Rice, Holder, Clapper, Brennan, numerous FBI agents, and a whole shitload of other Obama co-conspirators, including probably Obama his own damn self, behind bars soon, eh?

Cheese-eater #2: Great! About time those right-wingers were drummed out of the Democratic party. Now Keith Ellison, Liz, and Bernie can take over and faithfully implement the commie agenda. Hey, quit Bogartin that limberger, willya? Pass that slab my way for a spell!
blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:41 am
Quote:
The central organizing principle of the Republican Party, at this point, is helping Trump cover up his crimes
Brian Beutler
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:43 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Everything I’ve done is 100 percent proper. That is what I do, is I do things proper.

Stable genius like a fox
Quote:
This is a country I don’t want looking foolish, and it’s not going to look foolish as long as I’m here

Cue the Benny Hill theme..
blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:52 am
It actually took too long for Jack Tapper to shut off Stephen Miller's mic but at least he realized it had to be done. We really need to see far, far more of this when guests filibuster and shout over the interviewer. And yes, Miller really is a scummy guy. TP
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 7 Jan, 2018 09:57 am
@thack45,
Quote:
This is a country I don’t want looking foolish, and it’s not going to look foolish as long as I’m here
I had read that quote and marveled. This is one fucked-up dude.
0 Replies