monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 09:15 pm
@blatham,
For one thing, they can operate without one iota of Dem influence or even knowledge.
BillW

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 09:53 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
For one thing, they can operate without one iota of Dem influence or even knowledge.

I see you added a post basically saying the same thing before I could get this posted!
Builder

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 10:15 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
I see you added a post basically saying the same thing before I could get this posted!

You're quoting yourself, and criticising your own work?

Interesting, William.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:09 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
BillW replied that it could shut out Democratic influence.

I think we've established that the DNC sold its soul to the Clinton foundation, to prevent bankruptcy.
oralloy

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:11 am
@Builder,
I don't know. I just wish they'd stop trying to violate the Second Amendment.

EDIT: And stop conducting witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 02:02 am
Quote:
Donald Trump says a book containing damaging allegations about his administration is "full of lies".

The book cites former top aide Steve Bannon as describing a meeting with a group of Russians at which Mr Trump's son was present as "treasonous".

It also portrays Mr Trump as being surprised by winning the presidency.

Mr Trump's lawyers had tried to block publication of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff, which has now gone on sale early.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42574419

What a muppet, he's given Wolff's book so much publicity it's bound to be a best seller.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 02:11 am
Commentary by Anthony Zurcher.

Quote:
Donald Trump might want to familiarise himself with the so-called Streisand Effect. The lesson, most prominently learned by singer Barbra Streisand when she tried to quash photographs of her home that appeared on an obscure website, is that the more you fight against undesirable news, the more you call attention to it.

Thanks to his lawyer's "cease and desist" letter, Mr Trump is giving Michael Wolff and his explosive book the kind of massive publicity boost money alone can't buy.

The highly critical allegations are leading every news programme and newspaper front page (and burying the latest round of glowing US economic news that might otherwise garner attention).

Threatening lawsuits is a common tactic for Mr Trump, dating back to his days as a New York real estate mogul. Very seldom does he follow up with actual court action. In this case, such a move would be particularly risky.

To meet the "actual malice" requirement of US libel law, the president would open himself up to investigation from opposing lawyers seeking to prove that Mr Wolff's allegations had substance - or, at the very least - that he had reason to believe they did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42574419
Builder

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 03:22 am
by Kelly Cohen | Jan 4, 2018, 11:16 AM
News from Washington Examiner

The Department of Justice has caved to pressure from the White House and is reportedly reopening the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

According to the Daily Beast, there is a new effort in the department to get new details on how Clinton and her aides — including former top aide Huma Abedin — handled classified material. The effort will look at how much classified information was on her private email server, and how that information got there.

President Trump has continually questioned if and when the Justice Department would reopen its investigation into Clinton. He tweeted on Dec. 2: “Many people in our Country are asking what the ‘Justice’ Department is going to do about the fact that totally Crooked Hillary, AFTER receiving a subpoena from the United States Congress, deleted and ‘acid washed’ 33,000 Emails? No justice!”

source
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 03:28 am
@BillW,
Damned smart observation.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 03:56 am
@layman,
I wonder why they can have a house fire, and nobody thinks anything of it, but Trump wants to go have a game of golf on one of his own courses, and it makes the news every time.

I guess there's very few golfers on this site, but that's where many deals are made, and information shared, because it's considered to be a safe zone, with no real risk of listening devices.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 04:02 am
@izzythepush,
Trump knows what he's doin. He's throwin tons of chum in the water to attract, and distract, these MSM fish.

Now they'll spend months, day-in, day-out, talkin 24/7 about meaningless pieces of bogus gossip about him, all while expressing TOTAL OUTRAGE.

Then, while they aint lookin, he's gunna write up a shitload of executive orders to the FCC, the cumulative effect of which will be to shut their sorry ass down. The major networks will be gone, and the newly-founded "Trump TV" will dominate the airwaves.

Everyone wins. Then he can then spend the 19 hours a day that he currently uses to tweet to get some **** done, ya know?
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 04:33 am
A lot of stunning photos from the East Coast storm
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 05:05 am
Announcing our winner in the "Jesus Christ Almighty I have heard some ludicrous statements in my life but this ****** takes the cake" award
Quote:
He reassured listeners that he stood solidly behind Mr. Trump. “The president of the United States is a great man,” Mr. Bannon told one caller.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 05:30 am
Quote:
Some reporters and officials are calling the book sloppy, and challenging specific passages.

Yeah, this is a work of fiction, and a crappy one at that!

Quote:
How could Wolff possibly know for sure what Steve Bannon and the late Roger Ailes said at a private dinner?

Yeah. There you go, an obvious example of fake news. What a fraud!

Quote:
It turns out Wolff hosted the dinner for six at his Manhattan townhouse.

Oh.

axios
hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 05:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If this scumbag is quoting people who talked to him off the record, that's not cool.

But it's okay for a bunch of scumbags to accept a dinner invitation and then sit around and talk trash about their boss?