monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 09:25 am
@layman,
Robert Johnson wrote:
I was standin at the crossroads, fell down on my knees....

Asked the Lawd above to have mercy--save poor Bob, if ya please.

What's he need to be "saved" from, eh?

Quote:
Awww, standin at the crossroad, I tried to flag a ride.....
Don't nobody seem to know me, they all just pass on by.
layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 09:31 am
@layman,
If ya aint knowin, this might help explain it, eh? "I wasn't usin it."

0 Replies

blatham

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 09:53 am
In August of 2016, Trump, at a large rally of his cheering supporters, promised:
Quote:
"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf, you incredibly stupid idiots."

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 09:57 am
@blatham,
He wasn't lyin. But the only thing Trump can't resist is temptation.

There ya are, right next to a golf course, clubs leanin up against the wall on a warm sunny day. Who wouldn't?

Besides, he takes a few flunkies along with him and dictates an agenda to them as he hits long, ya know?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 10:08 am
@layman,
It's a sorry-ass day, sho nuff, when a video of Furry Lewis and lyrics from Robert Johnson get a shitload of downvotes, eh?

That's when ya know for a stone-cold fact that ya done been surrounded by cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 10:33 am
What's up with Fox News? They're acting like this is "news" or some ****, eh? Oh, I see, they're just citing what the cheese-eating NYT says, eh?

Fox News wrote:
Hillary Clinton backer paid $500G to fund women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct before Election Day

One of Hillary Clinton’s wealthy pals paid $500,000 in an unsuccessful effort to fund women willing to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct before the 2016 election, The New York Times reported Sunday.

Susie Tompkins Buell, the founder of Esprit Clothing and a major Clinton campaign donor for many years, gave the money to celebrity lawyer Lisa Bloom who was working with a number of Trump accusers at the time.

Bloom solicited donors by saying she was working with women who might “find the courage to speak out” against Trump if the donors would provide funds for security, relocation and possibly a “safe house,” the paper reported.

Clinton operative David Brock also donated $200,000 to the effort through a nonprofit group he founded, the paper reported in an article entitled, “Partisans, Wielding Money, Begin Seeking to Exploit Harassment Claims.”

Bloom told the Times that the effort was unproductive. One woman requested $2 million then decided not to come forward. Nor did any other women.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/31/hillary-clinton-backer-paid-500g-to-fund-women-accusing-trump-sexual-misconduct-before-election-day-report-says.html

Nice try, cheese-eaters. Turns out some people won't lie even if they're offered $2 million to do it, eh?
layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 10:39 am
@layman,
Well, come hell or high water, at least the bottom-feeders always get paid for any scam, eh?

Quote:
The Times article said it learned of Buell and Brock's connection to Bloom from two Democrats familiar with the financial arrangements who also said Bloom’s law firm kept the money from Brock's nonprofit group [i.e. $200,000] but refunded the $500,000 that Buell contributed.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 10:59 am
Tough luck, cheese-eaters. Clinton can't even claim that she doesn't even know this Susie Buell babe, eh? That's her on the right, if ya scroll over on that big-ass pic.

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2017/12/31/hillary-clinton-backer-paid-500g-to-fund-women-accusing-trump-sexual-misconduct-before-election-day-report-says/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/1862/1048/1514767977223.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

She looks almost as shady as Hillary her own damn self, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 11:45 am
Hezbolla aint the onliest terrorist group supported by Iran that Obama covered for, eh? From a while back:

Quote:
The real scandal of the declassified Osama bin Laden trove implicates Obama and the CIA

The Central Intelligence Agency has finally declassified and released hundreds of thousands of documents it seized when it liquidated al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden in 2011. Initially, the Obama administration released only a handful of documents which, divorced from the context of the larger trove, appeared to support its narrative that the war on terrorism was largely won.

The new documents show just how deep Iran-al Qaeda links are.

The real scandal now seems to be how Obama and his CIA heads Leon Panetta, David Petraeus, John Brennan, and acting head Mike Morell released only what upheld and affirmed Obama’s tenuous theories about Iran.

To purposely bury proof of an enemy’s culpability with a terrorist group, to leave that rogue regime with an industrial-scale nuclear program capable and enough centrifuges to build an arsenal, to provide billions of dollars in untraceable cash under the guise of sanctions relief and ransom payments, and to acquiesce with a nod and a wink to a no-inspections policy in the same military bases which sheltered al Qaeda operatives is, to put it mildly, policy malpractice.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-real-scandal-of-the-declassified-osama-bin-laden-trove-implicates-obama-and-the-cia/article/2639389

"Policy malpractice?" I dunno, it has always been standard, rigorously enforced, policy in the muslim community to NEVER reveal that their homeys are engaged in terrorism, eh?

0 Replies

hightor

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:23 pm
Anyone got an old copy of HUP No. 3 laying around?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ibhS3KTsL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:34 pm
Just the kinda bigoted, smug, cheese-eatin arrogance that will get the left trillions of votes next election (to hear them tell it, anyway), eh?
Quote:
Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy

MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy” and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous” as proof of her far-left theory.

The Resurgent editor, radio host and Fox News contributor Erick Erickson responded, “Griffin's original tweet and Reid's response highlight a core threat to our constitutional system: basic ignorance.”

Reid seems to use hateful rhetoric on a regular basis and has called Trump supporters “deplorables,” claimed that living in Trump’s America is the “worst time to be a human” in the history of the world and even referred to the Trump administration as “the apocalypse” in recent memory.

Erickson wrote, “To have a national ‘news’ host call rural America a ‘core threat’ to our democracy is both striking arrogance and striking ignorance.”

"Living in Trump’s America is the “worst time to be a human” in the history of the world," eh? I wonder why she hasn't killed herself? Maybe she's only gunna do it after saving her MSNBC homeys from their misery by a mercy mass shooting first, eh?
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:45 pm
@layman,
The irony of Leftists castigating the proliteriate threatens to break irony.

These people keep their left-wing designation only because there isn't any other commonly accepted moniker to give them, but they are ideological frauds.

What they really are is much closer to feudalists. They believe in an aristocracy of "enlightenment" that needs to shepherd the poor ignorant peasants to a better world.
layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:46 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ibhS3KTsL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

R. Crumb, he ROCKS, eh!?

(That's him in the baby carriage, btw)
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:00 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

If ya aint, here's a little synopsis, eh?:

Quote:
Robert Crumb Hup #3 Complete Eight-page Story "The Story of My Life" Original Art and Signed Print (Last Gasp, 1989). "Th' Cosmic Whiner" comes through with another wild ride through his life and libido, as he stars in eight pages of unleashed imagination. In this allegorical tale, Crumb pictures himself full-grown but dressed in infant's attire, pushed around in an oversized baby buggy by a typically gorgeous, statuesque female, who of course, is the object of our hero's desires. Only someone with the chutzpah of R. Crumb would dare depict himself in such a loathsome, yet strangely endearing manner as this.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/complete-story/robert-crumb-hup-3-complete-eight-page-story-the-story-of-my-life-original-art-and-signed-print-last-gasp-198-total-9-original-art-/a/7007-92063.s
0 Replies

layman

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The irony of Leftists castigating the proliteriate threatens to break irony.

These people keep their left-wing designation only because there isn't any other commonly accepted moniker to give them, but they are ideological frauds.

Well, like their commie-ass cousins, at least they also hate the bourgeoisie, eh, Finn?

Quote:
What they really are is much closer to feudalists. They believe in an aristocracy of "enlightenment" that needs to shepherd the poor ignorant peasants to a better world.

Truth be told, that's the way it's been with every commie regime known to man. The whole "we love the proles" scam in just a well-tested bait and switch tactic, ya know?

Some pigs is just more equal than others, know what I'm sayin?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! [Translation: POWER TO LAYMAN!]
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:17 pm
@layman,
The uber equal pigs abound in this forum
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The irony of Leftists castigating the proletariat threatens to break irony.

It's not unprecedented.
Quote:
Lumpenproletariat, (German: “rabble proletariat”), according to Karl Marx in The Communist Manifesto, the lowest stratum of the industrial working class, including also such undesirables as tramps and criminals. The members of the Lumpenproletariat—this “social scum,” said Marx—are not only disinclined to participate in revolutionary activities with their “rightful brethren,” the proletariat, but also tend to act as the “bribed tools of reactionary intrigue.”

Britannica

I haven't been able to find the full text of Reid's statement but I did locate this snippet:

Quote:
By 2040, about 70% of Americans are expected to live in the 15 largest states. They will have only 30 senators representing them, while the remaining 30% of Americans will have 70 senators representing them.

If she's only pointing to this demographic trend and the anti-democratic aspects of the electoral college her point might not appear so ironic.

I've heard conservatives airing similar opinions about people who've been to college, city dwellers, immigrants, and people who eat cheese. "They're a threat to our freedom!"

Reid's statement has been picked up by the right-wing echo chamber and conservatives are having a heyday with it. But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that, in context, Reid and Sexton are not really bigoted at all. Frustration with the electoral college is nothing new.

EDIT: Evidently she was responding to this article:
The Varied—and Global—Threats Confronting Democracy