monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 11:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

It"s been well documented.

Yeah, so has bigfoot and the loch ness monster, know what I mean? Not to even mention flying saucers.
BillW

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 11:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

I'm rather surprised you do.

Sadly, I'm not!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 11:40 pm
@layman,
If yo think bigfoot and the loch nesss monster have been well documented then you have a for more wacked conception of documentation than I thought.
layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 11:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

If yo think bigfoot and the loch nesss monster have been well documented then you have a for more wacked conception of documentation than I thought.

I am merely sharing your notion of "well-documented" with you, eh? ****, I've seen live videos of them, I tellzya!
MontereyJack

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 12:03 am
@layman,
That is your conception of well documented. Sure as hell not mine.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 12:35 am
@layman,
Pot calling the kettle black for sure.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 01:16 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Merry Christmas to everyone even including the assholes (you know who you are)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c0/d6/e6/c0d6e637fbcbcbe88449f9083d927583--cat-christmas-cards-grumpy-cat-christmas.jpg
oralloy

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 01:31 am
@wmwcjr,
Joyous Erastide everyone.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 07:11 am
Quote:
In deciding in the favor of journalistic freedom in New York Times Co. v. United States, Justice Hugo L. Black wrote in 1971, “Far from deserving condemnation for their courageous reporting, The New York Times, The Washington Post and other newspapers should be commended for serving the purpose that the Founding Fathers saw so clearly.”

For good measure, he added, “Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.”
NYT
layman

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 07:36 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
“Only an unrestrained press can effectively create the false impression that there is deception in government where there is none.”

Two sides to that road, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 07:48 am
Quote:
How the campaign against the Mueller probe has taken hold

...Some of the key players in the campaign against the special counsel probe are veterans of politically charged investigations, having helped drive attacks against the Clintons in the 1990s and during last year’s presidential campaign.

One leading critic is David Bossie, a former Trump deputy campaign manager. He was a congressional investigator who examined President Bill Clinton’s campaign finances in the late 1990s and currently leads Citizens United, a conservative advocacy group that produced movies critical of Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

Bossie now makes frequent appearances on Fox News and other conservative media outlets, arguing that the special counsel is being used to try to
delegitimize Trump. He said it is crucial to make a sustained fight against the probe.
WP

And if you aren't familiar with Bossie, you ought to be. Just a few relevant details: (wikipedia)
Quote:
David Norman Bossie (born November 1, 1965)[1][2] is an American political activist. Since 2000, he has been President and Chairman of conservative advocacy group Citizens United and in 2016, Bossie was the Deputy Campaign Manager to the Donald Trump presidential campaign.[3]

Quote:
After the Republicans won control of the United States House of Representatives in the 1994 elections, Dan Burton (R-IN) became chairman of the House Committee on Government Reform and Oversight. In 1997, he hired Bossie as chief investigator to look into possible campaign finance abuses by U.S. President Bill Clinton.[6]

By May 1998, Burton came under intense partisan pressure; even fellow Republicans complained that committee staff had published redacted tapes and transcripts of former United States Associate Attorney General Webster Hubbell's prison telephone calls omitting some exculpatory passages. Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich pressed Burton to seek Bossie's resignation.[7] Shortly thereafter, Burton accepted Bossie's resignation.[8]
How corrupt do you have to be for Gingrich to want your resignation?
0 Replies

oristarA

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 07:57 am
Is he Donald Trump?:

http://img.ziling.com/forum/201712/20/142835p9xfmm8cx8zkykfj.jpg
MontereyJack

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 03:29 pm
@layman,
Sounds a whole lot like the **** you have consistently pushed about treating liberals from the other side, Your own hubris used against you. turnabout is fair play.
layman

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 03:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Sounds a whole lot like the **** you have consistently pushed about treating liberals from the other side, Your own hubris used against you. turnabout is fair play.

I knew you would approve of that Mama, Jack, but thanks just the same for confirming it.

By the way, if it was up to me, expulsion of cheese-eaters would not suffice. I would bust a cap in the sorry ass of every cheese-eater and every child they had bred who was over the age of 2. The toddlers could probably be salvaged, I figure. Cheese-eating is NOT in the genes. It's merely a product of indoctrination--the very brand of indoctrination this Mama was employing, ya know?
MontereyJack

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 03:51 pm
@layman,
Obamacare got unaffordable health care for 20 million people. Trumpcare will kick them off. Obama in company with four world leaders essntially sropprd iran from any nuclear weapons program. Trump is abrogating that program despite its working. Obamas legacy is secure but it looks like trump wii blunder us into WW3.

layman

Mon 25 Dec, 2017 03:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Obamacare got unaffordable health care for 20 million people.

Sho nuff. By taxing the young who didn't want it, didn't need it, and wouldn't buy it. It was unaffordable, but you were forced to pay for it, one way or another, nonetheless.
0 Replies