monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:51 am
@hightor,
Quote:
But Fox’s alt-reality vortex has sucked in previously levelheaded members of the G.O.P. like Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina senator who said as recently as October that there would be “holy hell to pay” if Mr. Trump tried to fire Mr. Mueller. Last Friday, Mr. Graham tweeted in support of “a Special Counsel to investigate ALL THINGS 2016 — not just Trump and Russia.”

Graham may be a bit nervous about the Russia thing as twitter's been full of pix with him, Alan Dershowitz and a Russian friend of Putin who donated to a number of Republican campaigns - including Lindsey Graham's.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 10:56 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

No one who hears Jim Jordan enumerate the facts regarding FBI Strzok will doubt that the Mueller investigation and the Clinton email investigation must be scrapped and re-staffed.

I heard it, and Jordan is a total idiot who doesn't understand how FBI and DoJ hiring works at all. So yeah this is totally wrong

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
How did these private text messages get released?

Is the Trump DOJ cooperating with the conservative press to undermine the Mueller investigation?
blatham

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:00 am
As ludicrous as this statement is, it is not unusual for leaders on the right to present reality in such a manner.
Quote:
NRSC Chairman Cory Gardner made the following statement regarding the results of the Alabama special election:

"Tonight's results are clear -- the people of Alabama deemed Roy Moore unfit to serve in the U.S. Senate," said NRSC Chairman Cory Gardner. "I hope Senator-elect Doug Jones will do the right thing and truly represent Alabama by choosing to vote with the Senate Republican Majority."
Benen

When Obama won his first election, bringing control of Congress and Senate to the Dems, some GOP leader insisted that the election result proved the case that Americans want GOP policies instituted in America.

And there's a flip side to this as well where, when the GOP wins some squeaker election, the insistence is "We have a mandate". The election a year ago where Trump actually lost the popular vote by 3 million along with GOP rhetoric and behavior following the Trump victory is a perfect example.

This isn't just spin. It is in the pattern of a dedicated GOP institutional project to convince Americans (the GOP base particularly) that only one political philosophy is legitimate in America.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:04 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You’ve simply decided to deflect facts you don’t like.

Cycloptichorn

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:05 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

How did these private text messages get released?

Is the Trump DOJ cooperating with the conservative press to undermine the Mueller investigation?

Haha, of course they are.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:05 am
Quote:

Elizabeth Warren‏Verified account
@SenWarren
Dec 12
More Elizabeth Warren Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Are you really trying to bully, intimidate and slut-shame @SenGillibrand? Do you know who you're picking a fight with? Good luck with that, @realDonaldTrump. Nevertheless, #shepersisted.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:06 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You’ve simply decided to deflect facts you don’t like.

Which facts? Specifically. I'd like you to specifically mention which facts you think I'm 'deflecting.'

Cycloptichorn
blatham

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:09 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

No one who hears Jim Jordan enumerate the facts regarding FBI Strzok will doubt that the Mueller investigation and the Clinton email investigation must be scrapped and re-staffed.

Are we talking about this Jim Jordan?
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, Jordan introduced the simple resolution Calling on Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr., to appoint a special counsel to investigate the targeting of conservative nonprofit groups by the Internal Revenue Service (H.Res. 565; 113th Congress) into the House, where it passed on May 7, 2014.[10] The resolution asks Holder to appoint a special counsel to investigate the 2013 IRS scandal. Jordan said that "we need this special counsel to help us get to the truth because the so-called investigation by the Justice Department has been a joke. The current investigation has no credibility because it is being headed by a maxed-out donor who is financially invested in the president's success."[11]
In March 2017, Jordan criticized the newly-introduced American Health Care Act, the Republican replacement bill for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, as an unacceptable form of "Obamacare Lite."[12] He later reversed his position, voting on May 4, 2017 to pass a revised version of the American Health Care Act.[13][14]
In a Vanity Fair article, published October 30, 2017, John Boehner, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives said of Jim Jordan's legislative background: "Jordan was a terrorist as a legislator going back to his days in the Ohio House and Senate … A terrorist. A legislative terrorist."[15]
Political positions[edit]
While serving in the Ohio Senate, he supported the Tax and Expenditure Limitation Amendment, a state constitutional amendment that would require a vote of the people in order to raise taxes or increase spending over certain limits.[16]
In Congress, Jordan is among the most conservative Republicans, earning a perfect score from the American Conservative Union.[17] He has voted consistently for anti-abortion legislation and was endorsed by Ohio Right to Life in 2012.[18] During the 112th Congress, he was one of 40 "staunch" members of the Republican Study Committee who frequently voted against Republican party leadership and vocally expressed displeasure with House bills.[19]

This is precisely the sort of voice and political philosophy which Sanders' supporters - and Sanders himself - turn to for an honest perspective of the world.
BillW

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:09 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Political theatre only, not meant for human consumption Wink Rhetorical question, no need for answers......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:10 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Rep. Hakeem Jeffries now asking who authorized the DOJ to invite reporters to come view private texts between 2 DOJ employees who were subject of pending investigation. Also asked how it's possible that Fox News has 10k Strzok-Page texts when DOJ only gave Congress 375 texts.
8:50 AM - 13 Dec 2017
revelette1

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:13 am
@blatham,
Interesting and for the most part true, however, like I said, there are some overlooked younger liberals in southern states who can be courted without giving up our most basic values in the process.
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:14 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Nada Bakos‏Verified account
@nadabakos

Rep Jim Jordan just tipped his hand, 'this is what I believe' this guy isn't interested in learning facts, he wants his belief validated, otherwise not satisfied.
Lash

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:17 am
Strzok’s texts are the smoking gun that proves Obama’s dirty DOJ, FBI, and likely CIA covered a multitude of crimes for Hillary, at least, likely many more.

The question is now: is that corrupt network powerful enough to shut down the investigation—or will the American people finally get answers about the shadow government?

Stay tuned.

You people who support them are beneath contempt.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:20 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Strzok’s texts are the smoking gun that proves Obama’s dirty DOJ, FBI, and likely CIA covered a multitude of crimes for Hillary, at least, likely many more.

How do they prove that? You do realize that individuals, whether they work in the DoJ or FBI, are allowed to have personal opinions on mattes. Right?

Be specific. How do his texts prove what you're alleging here?

Quote:
The question is now: is that corrupt network powerful enough to shut down the investigation—or will the American people finally get answers about the shadow government?

That's not really a question, as the 'shadow government' exists in the minds of conspiracy theorists like you, and not reality.

I like how Rosenstein basically told Jordan to **** off. He is an absolute idiot and the fact you're glowingly repeating what he said as if it were a good argument doesn't reflect well.

Quote:
You people who support them are beneath contempt.

Hahaha, my stars, what will I do now that I'm beneath the contempt of a rather inconsistent conspiracy theorist

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:22 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/fbi-trump-russia.amp.html

WASHINGTON — Senior F.B.I. officials who helped investigate Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign last year wrote in text messages that Hillary Clinton “just has to win” and described a potential Trump victory as “terrifying,” according to texts released Tuesday night.

A top counterintelligence agent, Peter Strzok, exchanged the messages with Lisa Page, a senior F.B.I. lawyer. Some messages criticized Mrs. Clinton’s team, the Obama administration, Congress and other Democrats. But the two appeared appalled at some of Mr. Trump’s comments during the campaign and feared that he would politicize the F.B.I.

For example, after Mr. Trump made an apparent sexual allusion related to the size of his hands, Ms. Page wrote: “This man cannot be president.” In another exchange, Mr. Strzok wrote of a potential Trump presidency, “I’m scared for our organization.” He also referred to Mr. Trump as a “douche.” The messages were turned over to Congress and obtained by The New York Times.

Mr. Strzok went on to become one of the top investigators for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. But over the summer, Mr. Mueller removed Mr. Strzok from his team as soon as he became aware of the texts. Their release is certain to fuel suspicion among Republicans that the investigation into connections between the Trump campaign and Russia was politically motivated from the beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is investigating the texts as part of a wide-ranging inquiry into how the F.B.I. handled its investigations into Mrs. Clinton’s personal email server and of the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia. It is highly unusual for the government to release these types of documents until such an investigation is complete. The move caught internal investigators by surprise.

F.B.I. regulations allow agents to express opinions “as an individual privately and publicly on political subjects and candidates.”

On July 27, Ms. Page wrote, “She just has to win now. I’m not going to lie, I got a flash of nervousness yesterday about Trump.” That text message was sent after the Clinton investigation had been closed. Days later, the F.B.I. began investigating possible coordination between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.
————————————

Strzok manipulated evidence to “make sure Clinton won.”

Benson-In-A-Box

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:24 am
@farmerman,
A dem, a freaking DEM, wins in Alabama. Only the national environment cultivated by the GOP, Bannon and Trump, combined with and the stupidity of the ultra-conservative bloc here nominating a ridiculous candidate could have gifted us this environment. Doug, running with no democratic infrastructure to speak of, deserved it on effort alone. Maybe it’s undeserved, but I’m proud of my state tonight for not sending the ephebophile to DC.
So proud of the black community here, that who turned out in huge numbers to sweep Doug into office.
So proud of Doug, who worked his ass off. The stars had to align for him to pull this out, but the combination of conservatives that said no mo(o)re, Moore’s prior stupidity, the national environment and the recent strong allegations opened the door. He had to campaign like a madman to pull it out, but did so and won as a result.
And I’ll say I’m proud of the conservatives that held themselves to a higher standard. While there weren’t as many of them as I would have liked, those that said no mo(o)re did weigh heavily on this race.
I would love it if we could keep it going here and turn this state blue permanently.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 11:24 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Strzok manipulated evidence to “make sure Clinton won.”

You don't even have a shred of evidence this is true. Certainly, nothing in the article you've quoted, and nothing that's been released publicly, has shown this to be the case. Isn't that correct?

If you feel otherwise, point out what evidence proves what you wrote is true.

Cycloptichorn