monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 08:14 pm
God, I bet CNN hates to report this. I wonder if any of their anchors will cry onscreen tonight if Moore wins:

Quote:
KEY RACE ALERT: Roy Moore maintains slight lead with 12% of the vote in

Republican Roy Moore has maintained his lead over over Democrat Doug Jones. It's at 50.4% for Moore and 48.4% for Jones. Keep in mind this is still very early, and there are a lot of votes to still be counted.

Moore is ahead by 4,118 votes.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/alabama-election-latest/?lf-content=226465259:[email protected]&hubRefSrc=permalink
layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 08:31 pm
@layman,
****, now thing really seem to have gone south for the cheese-eaters, eh?

Quote:
Roy Moore leads by 5 percentage points over Doug Jones with 46 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Undaunted, in it's estimate of final votes, the NYT still gives Jones a 90% chance of winning.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones#eln-forecast-section

layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 08:34 pm
@layman,
Now it's:

Quote:
Roy Moore leads by 7 percentage points over Doug Jones with 56 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Not to worry though, the NYT still gives Jones a 72% chance of winning.

Further update: Things apparently still heading south. "If we had to guess, we’d give the advantage to Mr. Jones, but the race is close."

Next update:
Quote:
Roy Moore leads by 8 percentage points over Doug Jones with 65 percent of precincts fully reporting.
Fear not, NYT still predicting a Jones win.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 08:56 pm
NBC doesn't seem quite so optimistic, but they are still claiming a "moral victory" for Jones, at least:

Quote:
Alabama Senate race too close to call with over half the vote counted

With just over 50 percent of the vote in, Moore had a narrow 52-46 percent lead over Jones, though some of the state's most populous counties have yet to report full returns.

It's a strong early showing for the Democrat in a deep-red state.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2017-elections/alabama-senate-race-results-moore-jones-n829011
glitterbag

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:10 pm
@layman,
Are you getting NYT updates via Breitbart, Drudge or one of those other white supremacist propaganda sites??? I checked NYT and as of 5 minutes ago Moore was leading. I really don't think anyone will be surprised if Moore wins. If that happens, it will shine a great big spotlight on Alabama and the kind of people they support and choose to send to Washington. Alabama rubes embraced an outsider (Bannon) who urged them to not let the smarty pants other 49 states to tell them what to do. This works out just fine for me, now the entire US and the rest of the world knows what Alabama family values are truly about.
BillW

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:22 pm
@glitterbag,
glitter, Bannon's not just an outsider, he's an neo nazi, white supremacist, bigotted, misogynistic outsider.
layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:27 pm
Quote:
Doug Jones has won the election, according to A.P.

CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Doug Jones
Democrat
576,204 49.6%
Roy Moore
Republican
567,888 48.8

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones#eln-forecast-section
glitterbag

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:33 pm
@layman,
You must be crushed, I’ll light a candle for yo sorry ass, sho nuff honey chile
layman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:34 pm
Different sites are showing different results, it seems. That last NYT report (Jones wins) was with 91% of precincts reporting.

This one is supposedly with 92% reporting"

Quote:
Alabama US Senate General Election
Candidate Percent Votes
Doug Jones (Democratic) 49.2% 559,552
Roy S Moore (Republican) 49.2% 559,521
Write-In (Write-in) 1.6% 17,792

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-election-results-roy-moore-doug-jones-senate
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:34 pm
@BillW,
Bannon is an unwashed asshole who will probably die of a stroke once his heart can no long pump the poison that flows thru his stingy veins.
Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:51 pm
@layman,
I don’t think it’s over despite all the cheerfulness at Jones HQs. Moore hasn’t conceded, and it’s going to be close so he will want a recount. But you can paint any picture of depravity you are familiar with. Go ahead skippy, live it up in your best ‘good times’ dialect. No skin off my nose, but you will feel better about yo self, hear.
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:51 pm
@glitterbag,
and, Bannon looses again. Jones beats Moore - good over evil, pedophiles loose! tRump is a big fat (literally) looser!
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:07 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
In the context of recent history neither is of much significance except to dedicated students 0f such commentary.
Given your earlier statement regarding lack of knowledge of these two things/people, I don't know that you are well placed to make that claim, george. But in any case, I'm fond of you and Finn.
0 Replies

layman

Landslide Lyndon Johnson learned a lesson that he never forgot in his first (losing) Texas campaign, to wit:

Don't EVER be the first candidate to report that *all* of your votes have been counted. I guess Moore's supporters never learned that one.
0 Replies

snood

@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

LOL
BillW

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:11 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

LOL

I would too, but, sorry, his hide is not worth the price of a match - Sad, so Sad!
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:11 pm
Quote:
Jonathan Chait‏Verified account
@jonathanchait
Alabama voters to Roy Moore: **** you and the horse you rode in on