Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:41 pm
@hightor,
Funny!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't feel that my comments need defense. I don't think this is an issue that will be settled on a message board, however.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:42 pm
@hightor,
Nice dodge.

Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What issues are you raising?

You're right and I'm wrong?

Don't make me laugh

Not at all. Instead, that you're plain about putting Party over Country in all instances. You admit that Trump is a fool but you're glad you voted for him and would do so again to keep any actual Dem out of office - no matter the consequences.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not at all and you are being a dolt by continuing to assert this.

I said he was better than HRC, and not any Dem.

I wrote I would have voted for Jim Webb so STFU
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Jim Webb is not a real Democratic Party member. He is a Conservative who joined the Dem party for kicks and to get elected. He pretty much rejects everything the Dem party stands for.

I might as well call out Susan Collins as a model Republican, sheesh

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Hey, he's a Democrat that I would vote for.

Am I supposed to prove my patriotism by voting for a leftie?
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Hey, he's a Democrat that I would vote for.

Am I supposed to prove my patriotism by voting for a leftie?

Not at all. But you hardly do so by loudly stating that you'll support a dangerous fool (which you agree that Trump is) over a leftie.

If Trump had won the DEMOCRATIC nomination - or let's say, Jill Stein (shudder) - I wouldn't have voted for them even if it meant the GOP wins the WH. It's better to have the other party to be in control than to sully yourself by supporting odious idiots.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:56 pm
It is worth making a distinction between "grab-ass" behavior, which is still despicable, and the accusations of rape against Weinstein, and the accusations of sexual assault against minors by Moore. In the former case, an apology and a demonstration of genuine personal reformation is acceptable. In the latter two cases, nothing short of prosecution for criminal acts really fills the bill. Finn is reaching here, in his typical snide manner. There's no surprise in that.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:57 pm
@Setanta,
You'll note that he and Lash et others carefully avoid ever discussing said distinction.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 03:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Of course--they need a basis for their phony righteous indignation against alleged "leftie" hypocrisy. Heaven forfend--no Republican would ever practice hypocrisy.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 04:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What "dodge"?

I don't believe that every accusation is of equal weight, or that every violation of decency is equally serious. You apparently do. I don't see much chance of either of us changing the other's mind.

And now my bass clarinet and I are headed off to the Trinitarian Church, some thirty miles away, for a concert. Have a good evening.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 04:25 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Guess what? It wasn't true... but it stuck somewhat.

Who/m said it wasn't true, and why weren't there any civil slander cases bought against the accusers?

Saying you should use your position of power to drone someone, isn't quite the look we were seeking on that issue. Oh, but if she did say it, she was only joking, righhhhhhttt??

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-julian-assange-229123
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I said that I haven't run into any ass grabbers (besides the rapist) and I meant it, and wondered if it was relatively new as a phenomenon.

my tribal leader? (who is that, but me). How about yours?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:29 pm
Quote:
Roy Moore co-authored legal course that argues women should not be permitted to run for office
The course is also critical of the women's suffrage movement.
TP

Well, shucks, of course he did. And that's why I'm voting for this man of God.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
so ass grabbing is new ish in bars (to me) or old as the hills. I suppose it varies re where you live, and so forth,
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:33 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

so ass grabbing is new ish in bars (to me) or old as the hills. I suppose it varies re where you live, and so forth,

It wasn't an exactly uncommon thing when I was in college. Like I said, it happened to me more than once, which (as a guy) was flattering.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, how wonderful for you.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks for the clue..