monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 04:40 pm
@roger,
Isn't it ever. So simple. So obvious. And it really shows the value of imagery over language where such a thing is possible and when a creative mind is at work.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:19 pm
Here's the video of the O'Keefe operative in conversation with the WP reporter. It's definitely worth watching as an example of a good reporter doing her job. WP

So, questions remain as to whether this fraudulent attempt was paid for or organized by O'Keefe or by others (eg Breitbart, Moore campaign, etc.

PS... David Fahrenthold just noted on twitter that in 2015 Trump gave Project Veritas $10 grand.
Setanta

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:30 pm
That was an interesting vid.
Setanta

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:46 pm
The first Republican President, Lincoln, had been a close associate of Senator William Fessenden of Maine, when he (Lincoln) was in the House. After Lincoln was elected President, at a White House reception, Fessenden said in so many words that Secretary of War Simon Cameron was larcenous by nature. Lincoln said to him: "Surely you're not saying that Secretary Cameron would steal?" To which Fessenden replied, "Well, he wouldn't steal a red-hot stove." Anything said at a White House reception was in the nature of a public statement, and Cameron soon confronted Fessenden in the Rotunda. Fessenden looked him over for a moment, and then said: "I'm sorry I said that you wouldn't steal a red-hot stove."

Where have Republicans of that character gone? Lincoln and Fessenden must be spinning in their graves.n
blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:48 pm
@Setanta,
It was, wasn't it. But by about half way in, I was distracted trying to figure out what the WP videographer on the right side was eating. Fries?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:51 pm
@Setanta,
No kidding.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 05:52 pm
It was a Greek place--maybe pita and taatziki.
blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 06:03 pm
So, the Senate Judiciary Committee gives Kushner a reprieve on the deadline with no new deadline set because... he and his lawyers are working in good faith to provide the emails/documents.

0 Replies

blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 06:04 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks. I don't get out much.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:15 pm
Quote:
President Trump in Pocahontas jibe at Navajo event

US President Donald Trump has mocked a political rival as Pocahontas - as he welcomed Native Americans to the White House.

Video at link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42146324/president-trump-in-pocahontas-jibe-at-navajo-event
ossobucotemp

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:27 pm
@izzythepush,
When I saw that earlier, I made a note to myself about the jibe:

I found he spelled Pocahontas incorrectly, as he was actually referring to himself:
Putz Who Haunts Us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 08:19 pm
@blatham,
I kind of like watching oxes being gored.

It's quite invigorating.
ehBeth

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 08:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I consider it increased entertainment value.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 08:30 pm
@blatham,
very interesting video
blatham

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 09:01 pm
@ehBeth,
My personal preference is watching Sarah Palin bring one down with her own bare teeth.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 09:35 pm
@ehBeth,
That reminds me of a game we played in the pretty large school ground back in Evanston in the fifties... where the challenging call was Olly Olly Oxen Free. (I can't believe I spelled that right.) The game is explained in Wikipedia, which I can't link until the new comp.

Oops, yes I can, yay,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olly_olly_oxen_free
Blickers

Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Since they didn't choose who became president, your's is a ridiculous question.

Do you really think the release of those emails was all that led to her defeat?

The release of the Emails is not the extent of the cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

But even taking your supposition at face value, the Emails alone might well have led to her defeat. Remember, she got three million more votes than Trump, and gerrymandering doesn't apply to Presidential races. It's rare that the Electoral vote elects someone over the popular vote, and when it happens it means the election was extremely close. So yes, the Emails alone could have done it.

And furthermore, there is no apostrophe in yours. So there.
Builder

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:32 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
On the contrary; the Iraqis were not in the process of rebelling against Saddam when we decided to invade. We did not decide to assist an ongoing rebellion, we engaged in a proactive war against a country who had not attacked us. This is what we call a false analogy on your part; Bush didn't 'save' anyone.

The illegal invasion was called Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Bush's stated intention was to liberate the Iraqis from persecution from their own administration. Hell, Bush even arranged this little celebration, with banners proclaiming "Mission Accomplished" while stating that was far from the truth.

Why does is take an Aussie to remind you of this? Because our men and and women were still there, after everyone else realised it was a scam invasion.

source

Quote:
Although Bush stated at the time "Our mission continues" and "We have difficult work to do in Iraq," he also stated that it was the end to major combat operations in Iraq. Bush never uttered the phrase "Mission Accomplished";[2] a banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was used as a backdrop to the speech. Bush's assertion—and the sign itself—became controversial after guerrilla warfare in Iraq increased during the Iraqi insurgency. The vast majority of casualties, both military and civilian, occurred after the speech

Quote:
Given the above, this is amusing

Given the facts, that anyone can easily access, your credibility is amusing.

It doesn't surprise me that you have five likes on this. The stupid! It burns.

The hot-air blowing up eachother's asses around here is also amusing.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:51 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
The illegal invasion was called Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Bush's stated intention was to liberate the Iraqis from persecution from their own administration.

Quote:
Our nation entered this conflict reluctantly, yet with a clear and firm purpose. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.
Source:White House
Builder

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:53 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Remember, she got three million more votes than Trump, and gerrymandering doesn't apply to Presidential races.

Those votes were from one state; California, which is actively attempting to secede from the union. The electoral college was put in place to prevent gerrymandering.

Quote:
It's rare that the Electoral vote elects someone over the popular vote,

So, you have evidence for this claim, blinkers?

Quote:
The release of the Emails is not the extent of the cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

So, what else have you got? Money from Russians going into Trump's bank account?

We know who donated directly to the Clinton Foundation, and it ain't pretty.