monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Fri 24 Nov, 2017 09:37 pm
@BillW,
Just remember one important truth, William; CNN is the propaganda branch of the CIA. Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:15 pm
@nimh,
I know, since I'd noticed ages ago at university that it was already used in 19th century, by George Elliot, who wrote about "Die Angst". And years later, you find it in English translations of Freud.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/ei1ZAqr.jpg

Quote:
Richard Stengel‏, a former Time editor, responded by tweeting: “Hate to tell you but that PROBABLY means you’re NOT Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I’m sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage.”

Later Friday evening, Time disputed the president's claim, tweeting that he “is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year.” The magazine said it doesn’t comment on its choice until publication, the Associated Press reported.

Contenders for the 2017 honor include Trump's former chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, singer Ariana Grande, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, football player Colin Kaepernick, French President Emmanuel Macron, former FBI director James B. Comey, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia, Pope Francis and women who have shared their stories about being sexually harassed or assaulted using the hashtag #MeToo.
Trump claims he took himself out of the running for Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
MontereyJack

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
yEAH, HE WOULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE AN INTERVIEW AND PHOTO SHOOT WOULD CUT INTO HIS GOLF GAME TIME AND INSPECTING HIS PROPERTIES, WHICH HE DOES INSTEAD OF WORKING AS PRES. actually, CONSIDERING WHAT HE DOES IN KTHOSE SPARE MOMENTS WHEN HE'S NOT GOLFING IS ******* UP THE COUNTRY BADLY, SO MAYBE HE SHOULD DO THE PHOT SHOOT. lESS DAMAGE TO THE COUNTRY THAT WAY.
Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:26 am
@MontereyJack,
I wouldn't put too much weight on having Time magazine name you person (man) of the year. They gave that same award to Adolph Hitler in 1938, and to Iranian PM Mohammed Mossedegh in 1952, just before the US-UK coup that ousted him.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1952/1101520107_400.jpg
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:52 am
@izzythepush,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42105048<br />

Hissy wrote;
Quote:
This is a very important news story and it's clear why Builder, Lash and all the other false flags would rather ignore it and discuss Jimmy Savile.

Clearly very important, Hissy.

You very recently accused Lash of doing just this same thing you've done here.

404 - Page not found

This might be because you typed in the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling.

And my point about the BBC, is that if they're actively covering up for career paedophiles, and tossing their key staff under a bus, to continue that coverup, why would you then assume that their business model is at all trustworthy as a "news" source>?
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 01:09 am
More on how Hissy's source is tainted, and untrustworthy.

Leopard's don't change their spots, Hissy.

source
Quote:
The friend and retired BBC worker said the late Crimewatch host was told DJs, celebrities and other staff were involved in organised abuse.

But the anonymous source says “no one wanted to know” when Miss Dando raised concerns about the alleged ring and other sexual abuse claims at the BBC.

She is said to have passed a file to senior management in the mid-1990s, but they never carried out an investigation.

The 37-year-old TV presenter was shot dead on April 26, 1999, on the doorstep of her home in west London. The crime remains unsolved.

I'm convinced they're part of the swamp that Trump wants to drain, so it makes all the more sense that they attack him daily.

0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 01:17 am
@hightor,
Quote:
It doesn't somehow remain pertinent just because you want to wallow in it.

Murder cases are often solved in short order, and some take a generation or two. It remains "pertinent" to the family of the deceased, until such times, as justice is served.

I'm not wallowing "in it". I'm actually surprised that you've demonstrated such a callous attitude to the death of a person with such conviction of spirit, and moral standards.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 01:33 am
For fifty years the BBC knew about this rock spider, Hissy.

And you want us to believe they are a credible news source?

source

Quote:
He was the biggest television star in Britain, courted by prime ministers, princes and the Pope. And now the millions of people who had watched, laughed at and grew up with the late Sir Jimmy Savile, OBE, KCSG, are trying to come to terms with the fact that he had been sexually abusing underage girls for 50 years. It was shocking, people agreed, and yet somehow not surprising: when you watch old clips of him fondling star-struck children, it all seems so obvious - and shameful. Why hadn't they realised?

More to the point, why did the BBC fail to investigate the rumours that we now know were rife in the '60s and '70s: that their golden goose, kingpin of top-rating shows Top of the Pops and Jim'll Fix It , was entertaining young girls from studio audiences in his dressing room and at post-show parties, delivered to him by program assistants. Or that when he was out on the road running for charity he took young fans to bed in his campervan.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 03:27 am
Ya know, after jousting with you guys and gals here, I've come to an understanding that you people really don't like to have your paradigm(cage) rattled too much.

Trump is something that had to happen, for people to understand just how fucked up your pretend democracy has become.

I don't like the dickhead at all, but because I also detest that HRC puppet, it's assumed by most here (including my good friend Hissy the Fit) that I support Donald. Nothing could be further from the truth in this matter.

I totally understand how he came to be president of the US of A, and I side with those people who put him in that slot, but that does not mean I am in agreement with any of his actions or decisions.

It only means that I don't want a continuation of the neoliberal agenda that saw my nation dragged into illegal invasions of nations that lost millions of people, needlessly, to the whims of some pathetic narcissistic fuckwits, who had their own agendas to justify their actions.

And here, on these nice little pages, we discuss this kind of murder and subterfuge and disgrace, like we have some kind of control over it.

Hissy, and Set, and BillW. you people really need to understand what your opinions can mean to others here. People are searching. seeking, looking, for some kind of grounding, at this point in time, and for whatever reason, they look to stalwarts like your good selves, for direction.

Be someone your children can point to fifty years down the track, when you're pushing up daisies.

That is all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 04:27 am
More of Trump acting like a prima donna instead of a president. Seriously, how much time is wasted on **** like this?

Quote:
Time Magazine is disputing US President Donald Trump's account of how he rejected a request for an interview and photo shoot ahead of its Person of the Year issue.

On Friday, Mr Trump tweeted that Time had called to say he was "probably" going to be named Person of the Year.

But Time later said the president was incorrect about how it makes its choice.

The president was awarded the title last year.

He has previously falsely claimed that he holds the record for cover appearances on Time Magazine.

The magazine's tradition - begun in 1927 as "Man of the Year" - recognises the person who "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year".

Time said it did not comment on its choice until publication, and that its decision would be revealed on 6 December.

The publication invites readers to vote on who they think has earned the title, but the final decision is made by editors.

A former editor of the magazine, Richard Stengel, said the use of the word "probably" meant Mr Trump had missed out on the accolade.

In June, The Washington Post revealed that several of Mr Trump's golf clubs prominently display a framed copy of a fake Time cover featuring several positive headlines and Trump as its cover.

Richard Stengel referenced the report when he retweeted the president on Friday, adding the comment: "Hate to tell you but that probably means you're not Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I'm sure you still have that fake Time cover somewhere in storage."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42121402
Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 04:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Seriously, how much time is wasted on **** like this?

Keep your eye on the prize, Hissy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y
izzythepush

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 04:41 am
@Builder,
I'm not remotely interested in anything you have to say or post, so I won't be wasting any more time on you.

There's another poster who's almost as full of it as you are, another idiot for you to suck up to. Have fun.

https://able2know.org/user/hodgarrik/
Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 04:46 am
@izzythepush,
And Hissy, I note that you're persisting with this penchant for posting from a paedophile-protecting platform in the UK.

Do you not have an alternate source for information?

Must really suck having so little info to reference. Do you live in a secluded situation in the back blocks, buddy?
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 05:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm not remotely interested in anything you have to say or post,

Oh, but you keep responding.

I don't much like your mindset, but I do understand your viewpoint.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 05:57 am
@ossobucotemp,
Whenever there's a tipping point from an old social paradigm to a new one, there will necessarily have been a broad and robust desire for the change. But something will have happened to tip it over the edge.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 06:00 am
@BillW,
Quote:
It is interesting to look back in history and see that a rise in Feminist activity in particular is a phenomenon that occurs during Republican Administrations.
I can't say I know that is true. But it would surprise me if it wasn't.
snood

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 06:26 am
Builder, Oralloy, Finn...
Please tell me - are you proud of this president?
blatham

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 06:35 am
Does anyone have a good take on why Tillerson seems hell-bent on de-stabilizing and disempowering the working of the State Department?
That he has an ideological stance of "reduce size of government because that's always best" doesn't seem an adequate explanation. I'm really not that familiar with the range of activities of the State Department and so don't know, for example, whether a robust and well-functioning SD acts as a curb on oil industry profit-taking.
blatham

Sat 25 Nov, 2017 06:44 am
Apparently, while in prayer, God contacted Donald Trump and advised that Trump would probably be the Messiah.