monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 11:26 am
@oralloy,
That is a different argument, however, I understand the urge to say since they get away with it despite all efforts to bring it to light, we might as well do it too.

It's a tough and seductive, but ultimately it places partisan politics higher than all other considerations.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 11:45 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
If it was OK for Bill Clinton to do it then it's also OK for Roy Moore to do it.

Where did Monterey Jack, or anyone else on A2K, say that what Clinton did — alleged assaults — was "okay"?

This is disingenuous.

It is not necessary to say his actions were "OK" to free him of any responsibility for them. Obviously, they were "OK" (among the great majority of liberals) in terms of the behavior of a sitting Democrat President who still had political power and value as regards advancing a liberal agenda. Now he doesn't and so there are no messy practical advantages to get in the way of condemning him.

The horse left the barn and rampaged through the fields. Only now are liberals trying to close the door, and it's not even because they are lamenting the damage done to the crops and their failure to prevent it.

With a rash of stallions newly escaping the barn they want to be able to criticize those who have left the doors open, but first, they have to put a cap on the inconvenient episode, that arguably enabled all these other rogue equines to bolt, and, most importantly, their complicity.

Partisan goggles are truly magical as is ably demonstrated with this issue. Not only did they obscure and distort liberals' vision of the sexual predation of their standard bearer, now they are allowing them to view the transparently cynical effort to rehabilitate themselves as perfectly reasonable.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 02:33 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The dirt was done by the Clinton cult of democrats to the party’s ruin.

This is precisely why they/we refused to vote for her.

Fingers in ears, eyes closed tight, they're all running around making gagging sounds, saying " I can't hear you; I can't hear you....."

Even with carefully documented evidence emerging now, they're still looking for scapegoats, Lash. No way in a "sane" world, could their future queen possibly lose to a patsy like Trump. Uh-uh!

Let's keep digging until we find the culprit, shall we?
Kolyo

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 02:42 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Fingers in ears, eyes closed tight, they're all running around making gagging sounds, saying " I can't hear you; I can't hear you....."

I hear you.

When I'm on the street with my friend trying to figure out what concert to see, and the town drunk joins our conversation and decides it needs to be about us giving him money, I hear him.

He's a distraction. He is interfering with our conversation in an obnoxious way by bringing up something irrelevant.
Builder

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 02:49 pm
@Kolyo,
It's all precisely relevant to how Trump "stole" this presidency from your princess's grasping, greedy hands.

But that's okay, right? Let's look at the Russians, shall we? The Clintons had a very close relationship with them, as well.
farmerman

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 04:06 pm
@Builder,
"Radio Reveal" completed an investigtive report on "Pizza Gate", a Russian and Trump "org." program of "fake news" that was used to wound Clinton's entire candidacy. It was, as we sort of expected, a big lie with absolutley no basis in facts. this also bears connection to the BS posted by "unknown actors" regrding the Clinton Foundation.

Why is it that all of this ,was manufactured news intended to support Plump ? lmost all of the internet sites involved have been closed out and are not traceable any longer but there were nodes in Macedonia to Moscow.
Builder

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
We covered this social media gig a few pages back, where I asked how a hundred thousand spend by some supposed hackers from Russia/Ukraine managed to have so much effectiveness, compared to the millions spent by the Clinton camp in the same fora?

You're either giving these ruskies a yuuuuuuge amount of credit for cunning and ability, or you're saying that what they were feeding the US public was something they were wanting to hear.
farmerman

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 05:18 pm
@Builder,
the entire scam was funded for relatively few dollars. The Alex Jones belivers merely sent twits to a bunch of folks, the Russian picked it up and relayed.
Ive been saying that everything that Trump accuses others is what hes been doing himself.
Same thing with the Uranium 1 BS story
farmerman

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 05:19 pm
@Builder,
PS according to the PBS investigation, it began with Breitbart and Glenn Beck and was picked up in Macedonia as the first offshore
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 05:25 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I ask this question out of genuine curiosity. Is there anyone here who does not conclude that Lash is a right wing troll forwarding typical right wing media's anti-Clinton, anti-Dem ideas and rhetoric with the goal of spreading disaffection and confusion on the left?

I doubt that, but yes there is at least one: Me.

She has been a member here for years and yet only since the 2016 election has she chosen to assume the role of Republican/Russian troll, operative, agent or whatever other position your paranoid minds dream up?

Is she deliberately annoying a few pompous clowns on in the forum? Most likely.

Ignoring, dismissing and responding with ad hominem to opposing viewpoints is one thing, but this recent trend of declaring those who present them to be operatives is childishly self-indulgent. Do you really think the Koch Brothers or Putin give a flying **** about what is discussed here and what you and your confreres' have to say?

Believe it or not, blatham you're not incubating the next great progressive counter-movement in this forum or this thread.

Of course, the critical question is, if you truly believe her to be an insidious operative why don't you simply use the ignore feature and banish her from sight? It's such a simple solution and yet you and others like Set just can't seem to bring yourself to do it.

I think the answer is at least two-fold:

1) One, this thread has become repetitive and boring and Lash provides some spice no one can seem to resist. Many of you don't really care much about discussing the issues, you want to rage against Trump and Republicans, and, truth be told, you want the opportunity to insult, mock and disparage those who can in any way be linked to The Enemy. The linkage is an uncomplicated process: Disagree with the prevailing themes in this thread and voila, the connection is established, Russian Operative or White Supremacist status is revealed!

Constantly regurgitating what is deemed to be wrong and that which frustrates and angers you is probably, to some extent, cathartic, but so is going into a dark closet and screaming at the top of your lungs. Eventually, though, your throat get's sore and you get bored with the effort. There are precious few thoughts offered here about what might actually be done to change what Y'all don't like. Why would an operative bother to try and sow confusion and disaffection here when you're all doing such a great job of it yourselves?

2) Although you may choose to ignore Lash (which you obviously don't) you can't make others do so too and when they respond to her, they are not attending to you. Can't have that, can we?

Despite the admonitions to not "feed the trolls" that are being repeated ad nauseum, the damned kiddies keep offering them treats. Now you and Set know what it must be like to be a National Park ranger. Even at the risk of being mauled by bears and eaten by gators, the clueless rubes won't stop feeding the wild beasts twinkies and chicken wings!

It really is entertaining.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 06:35 pm
@farmerman,
Gawd, anyone who spends time on that Jones twat deserves all the BS they get.
Setanta

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:45 pm
Meanwhile, Plump's long-time crony and now Commerce Secretary has pretty much the same problem that Plump has--dishonesty.

Ross probably lied to Congress during his confirmation hearing.

His attitude toward the NAFTA negotiations is rather bizarre, too.

Quote:
The end of NAFTA "would be far more damaging to them than to us," Ross told a business conference organized by the Wall Street Journal last week to discuss renegotiating the trade partnership bonding the US, Mexico and Canada.

Hey Wilbur, how about a negotiation which isn't damaging to anyone?

Does Wilbur Ross Want to Make Mexico Poorer, or the U.S. Richer?

Ross is also now accused of charging millions illegally in order to enrich himself.

Three Former Colleagues Sue Secretary Of Commerce Wilbur Ross

Never a dull moment in the Plump administration.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 12:32 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Gawd, anyone who spends time on that Jones twat deserves all the BS they get
Well, apparently the entire almost halfa the voters that voted for Plump bought it.
Builder

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 12:45 am
@farmerman,
And you're blaming your president for their gullibility?

How's about blaming a corporate media who still can't believe their bitch didn't make the cut?

Or doesn't that equation match your bias?
izzythepush

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 02:05 am
Quote:
The US military has banned all troops stationed in Japan from drinking alcohol, following a deadly crash on Okinawa island linked to drink driving.

In addition, soldiers on Okinawa are banned from leaving their base and their residences, the US military said.

On Sunday, a US soldier crashed his truck into a mini van, killing the local driver of the other vehicle.

Okinawa hosts more than half of the US' troops in Japan but locals have long resented the heavy military presence.

In a statement, the US military confirmed that one its service members was involved in the accident and said that "alcohol may have been a factor".

The military also announced "mandatory training to address responsible alcohol use, risk management and acceptable behaviour" for all its troops across Japan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42048473
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 04:06 am
@Builder,
Quote:
And you're blaming your president for their gullibility?
.Do You even understand how marketing works??

Quote:
How's about blaming a corporate media who still can't believe their bitch didn't make the cut?
duhhh ya man like Breitbart? or Alex Jones??

Or perhaps you would wish to let me know where your head is so I can respond. These activities of which I spoke were an aid that allowed Plump to win via the ELectoral College. I hope that the people who were duped in the key states like Pa, Wis, and Oh wont be so easily swayed in 2020.

Builder

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 04:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
.Do You even understand how marketing works??

Let's see now; HRC basically buys the DNC, ensuring that any kind of pretense at a preliminary vote by the people is bypassed, and even when this ruse is exposed, she still owns it, and goes against the will of the people to push her agenda.

She then supports the nomination and candidacy of a former friend in Trump, because on the advice of her closest allies, this will further ensure her tenure of the presidency.

Despite all of this great marketing advice, most thinking people see what a fraud she was during her tenure as Obama's sec of state, and aren't buying any of her "new" propaganda BS, because it doesn't even come close to the picture she's already painted of herself in her previous incarnation/s.

(how'm I doin' so far, farmer?)

Quote:
duhhh ya man like Breitbart? or Alex Jones??

Neither are corporate media. Which part of that are you not getting?

Quote:
Or perhaps you would wish to let me know where your head is so I can respond.

So you patronise, then try to reason? good cop bad cop?

Trump is a horse's arse, but when you put a horse's arse up against a clearly criminal narcissistic bunt, with a capital C. You give the people no choice.

farmerman

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 04:34 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Neither are corporate media
media is media, youre "Buying" all the code words of this alternate reality world that the Trumpies have established

As far as the rest of your woo woo, Try not to think too hard, your brain isnt wired for it.
Builder

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 04:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
media is media, youre "Buying" all the code words of this alternate reality world that the Trumpies have established

It existed long before he was even considered for the current role. Jones is a whack job, and does not ever appear on the MSM. Neither does brietbart. Having a website or blog or youtube page does not make you corporate media, farmer. Surprised I'd have to 'splain that to anybody here.

Quote:
As far as the rest of your woo woo, Try not to think too hard, your brain isnt wired for it.

I figured you'd find it all too much to comprehend at one time.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 20 Nov, 2017 05:45 am
@Builder,
Quote:
HRC basically buys the DNC, ensuring that any kind of pretense at a preliminary vote by the people is bypassed...

Registered Democrats preferred Clinton over Sanders and showed as much by their votes in the primaries.
Quote:
She then supports the nomination and candidacy of a former friend in Trump, because on the advice of her closest allies, this will further ensure her tenure of the presidency.

Clinton didn't "support" Trump's candidacy. People within the DNC were happy early on that he looked to be the likely nominee, believing then, as did most other observers, that he was a weak candidate.

Calling Trump a "former friend" is a bit misleading. They were contemporaneous members of the Manhattan glitterati and were seen together at big social occasions — where they could be seen with many other celebrities as well. "Acquaintance" might be a more accurate term.

Quote:
Despite all of this great marketing advice, most thinking people see what a fraud she was during her tenure as Obama's sec of state...

Wrong again.
Quote:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton leaves the post as an overwhelmingly popular figure on the national political stage.

An eye-popping 69% of Americans approve of the job she has done as the country’s top diplomat, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, with a scant 25% disapproving of her performance.

WSJ

She led in the opinion polls until the Comey announcement — granted it was not a big lead — and she had already been damaged by the fallout from the Wikileaks stories and was trending downwards.