monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:48 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Here’s how a Trump judicial nominee really feels about laws protecting women against discrimination
And once again, we need to remind ourselves that Trump himself has no discernible political philosophy at all. Someone else is making these appointments. And we can easily discern that the guiding hands here are movement conservative ideologues, certainly Pence (who is closely tied to the Koch network) and likely Sessions and the Bannon people.

and, apparently, a member of the WH staff who got her totally unqualified husband nominated. Sad, so sad#
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:49 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Why did republicans end up with Trump? Why in the world did Hillary lose?
Very seriously, I don't think one can get to dependable truths on this without a grasp of exactly what Mayer talks about in the podcast I just linked (or her book). There are other historical and social factors in the mix, of course, but the over-riding contemporary cause is what she describes.
blatham

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:51 am
@ossobucotemp,
That one makes me murderous. Why the **** would that happen? Maybe its as simple as Don Jr.
BillW

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:51 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Why did republicans end up with Trump? Why in the world did Hillary lose?
Very seriously, I don't think one can get to dependable truths on this without a grasp of exactly what Mayer talks about in the podcast I just linked (or her book). There are other historical and social factors in the mix, of course, but the over-riding contemporary cause is what she describes.

This is being proven now in Alabama where they would rather vote for a pedophile than a qualified democrat.
Lash

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:58 am
@blatham,
What we have been discovering over time is the Right Wing “smear campaign” was at least partially based on fact.

I know the Clinton defenders will leap onto Vince Foster, but RAPES were poo-poo’ed. That’s a very serious charge— that was true.

The Foundation and pay for play ‘speeches’ including Russian Uranium One bribes will be proven publicly soon. Most of what has been said about them has been said for reason.

We’ve only now scratched the surface of the damage those two people have done to American society.

Just wait for it.
blatham

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:08 am
@BillW,
Quote:
This is being proven now in Alabama where they would rather vote for a pedophile than a qualified democrat.
The connection I see on this case is not so much the Koch network (I think it's absolutely certain they all want this guy to fall into a mine shaft and disappear forever, immediately) as it is the southern (mainly) religious right, which now is another powerful sector of the modern conservative machine. There are lots of ties between the two sectors and they often function in tandem because of mutual convenience but their core ideas are very different.

An important aspect to that relationship of convenience is the asymmetry of it. The religious right (theocratic authoritarianism) has zero chance of capturing the key elements of the Koch network (all about money and destroying government as we know it) whereas the Koch network has, in many ways, captured the religious right.
blatham

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:15 am
@Lash,
Quote:
The Foundation and pay for play ‘speeches’ including Russian Uranium One bribes will be proven publicly soon. Most of what has been said about them has been said for reason.

We’ve only now scratched the surface of the damage those two people have done to American society.

You repeat nothing but right wing talking points. It's all you do. You are either acting as an agent of right wing groups/causes or you are a lunatic. We won't be talking again.
BillW

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:18 am
@blatham,
You repeat nothing but right wing false talking points.

True right wing talking points are ok. They are few and far in between, but ok.
farmerman

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:21 am
@blatham,
we will see this Pm when the House votes on its "tax reform" bill. If they vote it up, it will be telling all Americans that the lower and middle classes have NO VOICE.

Theyre going to pay for some of the tax cuts by removing the mandate from ACA, this will accomplish doing 2 things
1. Robbing the lower classes of further discretionary funds which will have to diverted to much larger deductibles and "trigger" amounts for their helth insurqnce

2. It will accomplish what Trump cynically wants. He wants to destroy ACA rather thqn fix it , thus he will really be acting NOT in the majority of the citizenry;s interests

Weve really gotta get rid of this guy and return the govt to the people
farmerman

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:33 am
@farmerman,
weaponized RUSSIAN Uranium (denatured) has accounted for 10% of the US nuclear power needs in 2010 (Its probably a bit less now as nuke plants are being decommissioned .
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
I saw that this morning, figured it (messing with freedom of speech..) would be excused because it had profane words on it.

BTW, not that you need my approval or anything, but much clearer.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
@blatham,
I want justice. The Clintons are corrupt. It is being proven now, and it feels very good.

You can avoid talking about it if you get through the day better pretending that Democrats are good and Republicans are bad.

Change will happen when we look at everything as it is, instead of what we wish it was.

Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:26 pm
@Lash,
The Intercept published this report - We Knew Julian Assange Hated Clinton. We Didn’t Know He Was Secretly Advising Trump. - some time ago, perhaps, you might not have read it yet ...
Quote:
WHILE WIKILEAKS HAS undoubtedly facilitated the release of information that is both true and important, it is Assange’s Trump-like willingness to traffic in such unsubstantiated rumors, conspiracy theories, and innuendo not supported by evidence that undermines his claim to be a disinterested publisher, not a political operative.

As blatham wrote:
You repeat nothing but right wing talking points. It's all you do. You are either acting as an agent of right wing groups/causes or you are a lunatic. We won't be talking again.

farmerman

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:37 pm
@Lash,
I know the Uranium 1 story is not only a lie but its been re- manufactured with timelines that are purposely incorrect because the Breitbart author (Ptete SChweitzer) felt that no one would take the time to fact check.

1. actually it was 4 million "donated " to the Clinton Foundation fter the donor hqd already SOLD his interests in the CANADIAN Company 2.
That was well before its decision to sell to Russia.

3. Hillary was not in any loop of the CFIUS (the interagency committee who reviews all these types of transactions to assure UW interests are preserved)

4. Nobody needs ny U for weapons when we make something better in our nuke energy system .You can find this is any google search for weapons grade PU
" Weapons-grade plutonium. Pu-239 is produced artificially in nuclear reactors when a neutron is absorbed by U-238, forming U-239, which then decays in a rapid two-step process into Pu-239. It can then be separated from the uranium in a nuclear reprocessing plant."

Thats a fact Jacq(ueline)
Brand X

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:50 pm
The Tax Reform Bill passed in the House vote.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)