monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Sofia Lash Goth and the olive tree are both welcome to take that Cllinton crap to a thread of their own. This thread is about President Plump and relevant contemporary events.

Remember, kids, only you can prevent conservative agents from derailing the thread.

This attempt to prevent any mention of the Clintons is silly.

If someone wants to take the time, I propose that two lengthy articles about the Clintons be posted in this thread for every time someone demands that no one mention the Clintons here.
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Did some research and answered my own question: the Senate will NOT be able to pass this bill without figuring out how to get rid of about 4 trillion dollars in debt that would be added by its' passage.

This is a gigantic problem for them. They didn't repeal the ACA and can't count the savings from doing so towards their tax bill the way they wanted, but they didn't really pare the scope of the bill back! Reconciliation doesn't allow you to touch Social Security, so they'll have to either:

- Massively cut spending in other areas
- re-include tax raises / getting rid of popular deductions that the House bill omitted
- Reduce the scope of the tax cuts significantly
- Fire the Parlimentarian and try to ram this through against the rules by installing an apparatchik in her place

I wasn't paying too much attention, but I think I heard something on the news about changing the rules to allow this to go through reconciliation even while increasing the debt.

Maybe I heard it wrong. Not an issue I'm paying much attention to. But that could be the key to the Republicans' plans.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Why don't y'all spend your precious time responding to her posts rather than disparaging the lady?

But they have no way to argue against her facts. It wouldn't be fair for them to have to address facts and reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:10 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Wait a second, Lash probably isn't a White Supremacist, Finn is!

Neither one is a white supremacist. This leftist nonsense of calling people fascists or racists if they don't agree with liberalism is just silly.
oralloy

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:31 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Rick Perry suggests fossil fuels could reduce sexual assault in Africa

Rick Perry deliberately executed an innocent man.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:39 pm
@oralloy,
Old Bill is a buffoon. Don't pay him no mind. (BTW he's a cannibal)
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:44 pm
Lamar Smith is retiring. I doubt I'll be in mourning.
In January, expressing frustration with the “national liberal media,” Smith said from the House floor: “Better to get your news directly from the President. In fact, it might be the only way to get the unvarnished truth.” TPM
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 06:56 pm
@oralloy,
Another buffoon who thinks he can police this thread.

"IT'S ALL ABOUT PRESIDENT PLUMP!!!!"
Builder

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Indeed. In other election-related news, DNC insider Donna Brazile dumps more dirt directly on HRC, and her total manipulation of that party's management and decision-making.

Not really news to me, but confirmation required for many.,

source
snood

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Another buffoon who thinks he can police this thread.

"IT'S ALL ABOUT PRESIDENT PLUMP!!!!"

More like neighborhood watch than police. Setanta can't make the trolls leave. But he can encourage us not to humor their distractions.
BillW

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 07:31 pm
@snood,
NEWSFLASH - Extreme Right Wing Republicans (ie, White Supremacist - "the deplorables") don't know tRump won the election!
blatham

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 09:41 pm
A rising right wing voice.
Quote:
Media Matters‏Verified account @mmfa 10h10 hours ago
Reporter for Alex Jones’ Infowars says Hitler is alive and the U.S. government is covering it up: http://mm4a.org/ZpJ

Also, chocoholic mother gives birth to chocolate covered baby.
BillW

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 10:19 pm
@blatham,
That's why tRumps' butt is so big. It is the location Hitler was transplanted - head first!
Olivier5

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Sofia Lash Goth and the olive tree are both welcome to take that Cllinton crap to a thread of their own. This thread is about President Plump and relevant contemporary events.

Remember, kids, only you can prevent conservative agents from derailing the thread.

I can speak of whatever I want to speak. You're welcome to go somewhere else if my presence bugs your rear end.

I see the corruption of both the republican and democratic parties as the main reason why Trump is in the White House. These parties need reform for the US political system to rejuvinate itself and start to care more for the voters than for the funders. Trump is only a symptom of a graver, deeper disease: the US democracy going for the highest bidder. Until people understand that, the situation will only worsen, until you guys don't have any democracy left.

-- The Olive Tree
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 2 Nov, 2017 11:50 pm
@hightor,
I'll play your game.

My posts are red, and yours are mauve. Answers in black.

And clever marketing is now a crime?

Who said it was?

By implication, twitter, facebook and co are "on trial" for selling advertising space, are they not?

What this does tell me, is that the presidency doesn't have to be going to he/she who raises the most money (as if that was ever a democratic decision).

The amount of money legally raised in a political campaign is only a portion of the sums raised and spent on achieving political influence and maintaining political power.

Interesting how you don't understand even the simple things about US political processes.

Repeating yourself for the peanut gallery?

No, just emphasizing that no one has made either claim — not greater than, nor even comparable to the amounts spent by the politicians and their backers.

You posted the same sentence, rejigged, twice in a row.

Why did the US election campaigners fail, with their massive spend, where the insurgents succeeded, with so little monetary input, is the question.

For one thing, as I already pointed out, campaign spending doesn't represent the total amount of money raised and used for political purposes.

You avoided the question completely. How did the minuscule amount (in comparison) spent by the Russians (allededly) provide them with so much political clout in the election process, compared with the massive amounts spent by the GOP and DNC?

In addition, the Russian-backed ads didn't need to be accurate or honest. They only had to attract the attention of the ignorant and incurious and most of these potential voters, as consumers of Murdoch media, were already susceptible to divisive rhetoric and fake news.

Political advertising is only very occasionally "accurate or honest". It always attracts the attention of the ignorant and the incurious.

You're aware that more than half of the population is totally disconnected from the political process already, because they know it's bullshit?
Blickers

Fri 3 Nov, 2017 12:56 am
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Setting aside for a second the fact that collusion is not a crime

You can actually set that aside permanently. Collusion is a crime.
izzythepush

Fri 3 Nov, 2017 02:02 am
Quote:
US President Donald Trump's Twitter account briefly vanished on Thursday, but has since been restored, the social media company has said.
It said that the @realdonaldtrump account was "deactivated" by an employee, later clarifying that it was their last day in the job.
The account was down for 11 minutes, and Twitter is now investigating.
Mr Trump - who is an active Twitter user with 41.7 million followers - has not commented on the issue.
But the latest incident has touched off debate over the security of the president's account, given the potential consequences of posts falsely attributed to Mr Trump being published.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41854482
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 3 Nov, 2017 02:10 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This thread is about President Plump and relevant contemporary events.

I'm thinking more Emerald City, we've got Dorothée, Tinhead, the Cowardly Liar, the Scared Crone and the Gizzard of Oz all banging on about wicked witches.

It shows how crap fart is, with any other president they would be able to argue about things he'd actually done that weren't complete fuckups. No chance of that with wotsit hitler.

Follow the shitabrick road.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 3 Nov, 2017 02:12 am
Quote:
President Donald Trump has named Jerome Powell as his pick to lead the Federal Reserve.
Mr Powell, a Republican and multi-millionaire, currently serves as a member of the bank's board, to which he was appointed in 2012.
He had been widely tipped as the top choice for more than a week.
Analysts regard him as a status quo candidate, likely to continue the Fed's current policies of gradually raising interest rates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41842445
0 Replies