monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 07:56 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Well this is a new low, even for you.

Calling a trashy loudmouth a trashy loudmouth is low???

I said much the same thing about that loudmouth muslim guy who used his dead son to make political attacks against Trump during the election.

Yeah, everybody knows
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 07:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Normal well organized administrations don’t, but Trump likes to be spontaneous and crude and thinks he sounds like a real person.
nimh

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What do you mean "us" paleface?

Just to state the blindingly ovious: The US is a very powerful country. Therefore, the consequences of a US election affects most of the world. Therefore, any of us in any country can argue that Trump's election was a "catastrophe [that] fell upon us".

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You seem to know and care a hell of a lot more about what is going on here than in Canada. What's the problem? No sufficiently noble leftwing crusades to lead up there?

Again, to state the fairly blindingly obvious: Canada isn't quite as consequential a country as the US. Therefore, there is somewhat less of a rationale for arguing at length about the strengths and flaws of its government. There would also likely be somewhat less of an interested audience for arguments about Canadian politics on this mostly-American site (though I'd read them). Last but not least, as a rather milquetoast middle of the road politician, Trudeau isn't exactly providing as much reason for any kind of "crusade" as Donald Trump.
snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Of course, it did.

You see white supremacists in every shadow.

Whereas you wouldn't see one if they did a lynching in your front yard.
Builder

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Normal well organized administrations don’t,....

How long since you've had one of those? JFK?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I wonder too, though I'd like to be wrong.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:55 pm
@snood,
I'm embarrassed to admit that didn't immediately occur to me. I had taken it as tipico grossness from him. That's a radar error on my part.
0 Replies

BillW

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 09:09 pm
tRump - "Great UNITY in GOP"

Quote:
Republican establishment begins campaign to attack Bannon

He's labeled 'anti-Semitic' and a 'white supremacist' amid a battle for control of the party and fears of losing the Senate majority.

“In 2018, we ought to revisit this question and find out if these people are still happy to be associated with Bannon,” former McConnell chief of staff Josh Holmes said in an interview with the Hill. “When you’re facing voters, I’d take one of the most successful majority leaders in history over a white supremacist any day.”

The Senate Leadership Fund, a PAC aligned with McConnell, has also stepped up its effort to embarrass Bannon. On Wednesday, the PAC’s Twitter account mocked Danny Tarkanian, a frequent candidate now challenging Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nev., for suggesting that they both pledge to oppose McConnell as majority leader.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/25/republican-establishment-begins-campaign-to-personally-attack-steve-bannon/
Builder

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 12:19 am
@BillW,
Quote:
tRump - "Great UNITY in GOP"

They put him up there, but I highly doubt that they expected the results.

The fix was in, but the US public didn't cotton on too well.
glitterbag

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 12:39 am
@Builder,
You screwed up the lingo, no one in this country says “didn’t cotton on too well’. I know what you think you said, but you flubbed.......but I’m glad to see that you’re back......I heard you were in a coma.....glad you recovered.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 01:52 am
The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority awarded the contract to restore transmission and distribution lines damaged or destroyed during Hurricane Maria to tiny Whitefish Energy Holdings. The two-year-old company had just two full-time employees when the storm hit last month. And is located in the hometown of the interior secretary, Ryan Zinke.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.
hightor

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 02:21 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Perniciousness of Dark Money: one person spent $17.9 million to stop Dem. Supreme Court pick-- and no one know who.

Now it's about time for people like Finn to start crowing about how the Dems spent more than the GOP in the last three presidential races.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 02:31 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

You screwed up the lingo, no one in this country says “didn’t cotton on too well’.

If he'd thought about it for one cotton picking minute he would have realised that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 02:43 am
And you sound like you got a lobotomy.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 03:52 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You seem to know and care a hell of a lot more about what is going on here than...
I thought that question was going somewhere else.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 03:54 am
@nimh,
Quote:
Just to state the blindingly ovious: The US is a very powerful country. Therefore, the consequences of a US election affects most of the world. Therefore, any of us in any country can argue that Trump's election was a "catastrophe [that] fell upon us".
Well, I suppose there's that too.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 04:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Had to look that up. One could term it the "Huckabee Sanders maxim-turned-commandment"
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 04:09 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Now it's about time for people like Finn to start crowing about how the Dems spent more than the GOP in the last three presidential races.
Because that would be the same.
blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 04:46 am
Winner in today's Respect Where Due category
Quote:
‘He was a good driver’: 10-year-old leads police on an hour-long, 100 mph car chase
WP
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 04:59 am
@blatham,
Finn wrote:
Poor, poor Dems. They only outspent the GOP in the last three presidential elections.

More like they outspent the GOP in publicly disclosed donations and legal contributions.