monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You keep throwing it in that Wilson was extremely anti-Trump. If you stop and think for a minute, you'd see that isn't a very useful description. Any friend of theirs who happened to be a democratic pol would be anti-trump by definition.

You say you have plenty of friends. How many of them were in your family's close acquaintance since your father was in high school, and mentored you since you were a teenager.

No Finn, it doesn't matter. You made up your mind it was more suspicious than sincere, and it doesn't matter what the facts are.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:10 pm
@snood,
It's perfectly in line with what you wrote.

Do you admire people who claim to be principled but duck for cover when it comes to standing up for them?
0 Replies

snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your faith in humanity is touching. Too bad it only extends to members of your tribe.

That too is stupid. All the people in all the groups I described above are certainly not necessarily in any 'tribe' of mine. Either all politicians are irredeemably unprincipled, or you're just ******* dead wrong. And we all know you can't possibly live with the latter option.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:16 pm
@snood,
Excellent question. They should.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:22 pm
@snood,
Why have any friend present?
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:26 pm
@snood,
You're mixing posts

I've no ax to grind with the widow, but I do think she is being manipulated
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:28 pm
@snood,
Of course, they are mixtures of good and bad, but when the moment of truth comes, they run from their good.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Of course, it did.

You see white supremacists in every shadow.
glitterbag

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:42 pm
It’s been my experience that friends and family and family gather around after a loved one dies. Neighbors bring food, church offer solace, and people will send flowers. A pregnant widow with two children would hopefully have a support system like that to help her thru this terrible time. A pregnant widow of a recently killed in action Marine and their two children traveling to accept his body would likely have the additional assistance of the Marine Corps in addition to family, and old family friends.
I
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I have lots of friends, but I don't know why I would invite any of them to attend a call from POTUS unless it was so they could be there for the "moment" and that would be the last thing on my mind if my wife had been killed.

Pardon me, Finn, but this is stretching it. Sgt. Johnson's widow and Wilson were in the car when Trump called. Were the families told at what time the President would be calling so Mrs. Johnson could invite Rep. Wilson to attend the call? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Trump called Johnson, a pregnant mother of two, a day after his boast, and a Florida congresswoman who was in the car with her at the time went public with how much the call upset the widow.

Trump has vehemently denied Rep. Frederica Wilson’s account of the call, slamming it as “fabricated” and calling the lawmaker “whacky.”
But Johnson confirmed Wilson’s series of events

“Whatever Ms. Wilson said was not fabricated,” Johnson told “GMA.” “What she said was 100% correct.”

“Why would we fabricate something like that?” Johnson asked.
Asked if she had anything to say to the President, she said no – but she has plenty of questions for the military.

source
snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Excellent question. They should.

I didn't ask a question.
snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Of course, they are mixtures of good and bad, but when the moment of truth comes, they run from their good.

Then we can't find any examples when a politician made an unpopula, principled stand at risk to his own position or reputation?
Blickers

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Why have any friend present?

As others have pointed out, at a moment of grief friends and family come together.

But that won't satisfy the people who defend Trump. Their hero has framed the issue to "It's not what I said or didn't say, it's what the hell was that Congresswoman doing listening in on the call"? And his supporters all take that as the way to see it.

Once again, we see the Russian touch on the Trump Administration's policies and tactics. Only this time, it isn't Putin. It's Pavlov.

https://i.imgur.com/UJBBrZA.jpg

He looks a little like Bannon, only neater and sober.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:53 pm
@Blickers,
Good Grief, can you post a comment without including your favorite bogeymen, the Russians?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:54 pm
@snood,
I don't know, can you?

Blatham dodged the question, maybe you won't.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:55 pm
@snood,
Snood wrote:
why don't they release the transcript?

That's not a question? Cool
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:57 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
I have lots of friends, but I don't know why I would invite any of them to attend a call from POTUS unless it was so they could be there for the "moment" and that would be the last thing on my mind if my wife had been killed.

Were the families told at what time the President would be calling so Mrs. Johnson could invite Rep. Wilson to attend the call? Rolling Eyes

Yes.

[
blatham

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Re: snood (Post 6527681)
Quote:
UPDATE (2:40 p.m.): White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders denied there is a transcript of the call. She referred further questions to Lara Trump and the Trump campaign.

so the WH says #45's dil and campaign are lying?

such an odd bunch of characters
Yup. The denial from Sanders was immediate once the story broke. So far as I could tell at the time, nobody did (or was able to do) reporting on why the daughter's explicit claim conflicted with Sander's tale. But that's the sort of problem that happens constantly when you have people who speak multiple lies each day.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:23 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Yet Snood is here, once again, defending the presence of that woman, because the right are just addicted to lying
No quarrel with the substance of your post. Having earlier read Finn's post the question that came to my mind was, "How the hell is it possible he doesn't know this data?" as it was widely reported (and on the same day or next). But the answer to my question was simply that it wasn't covered in the media sources he attends to.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Snood wrote:
why don't they release the transcript?

That's not a question? Cool

Forgot that one.
0 Replies