@blatham,
Heaven forfend.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:42 am
Quote:
igorvolsky‏Verified account @igorvolsky 45m45 minutes ago
More igorvolsky Retweeted igorvolsky
.@NRA spent over $30,000,000 to elect Donald Trump.

Trump spoke at @NRA convention

He praises @NRA at almost every rally

And of course, he said nothing about guns today.
BillW

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:43 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
...plunging the United States into a crippling depression and instantly forcing a massive contraction of its military machine.

I'm not sure this is such a terrible result. Might be time to retreat, vacate the "shining city on the hill" (which, in truth looks sort of glitzy and cheap), and give the job to someone else. Nothing lasts forever.

Trouble is Russia is the only one vying for the job and tRump wants to give it to Putin.
hightor

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:32 am
@Lash,
Quote:
The ******* EU.

Backs authoritarian crackdowns.

The Catalonian situation, while ugly, isn't where I'd point if I were trying to find evidence of fascist authoritarianism in the EU. Right now I'd be more concerned with Poland and, to a lesser degree, Hungary.
snood

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
The shooter's brother said something I found telling: "I'd just like to know who sold him the machine gun."
Cycloptichorn

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:50 am
@snood,
What an ugly ******* day.

How many times does this have to happen, before we wake up as a country and take control of our future? For how long will we let the nuts loudly argue that their hobby and obsession is more important than innocent lives? And, let's be honest: that's what resistance to strict gun control is about. It's a hobby for people. It's not about 'freedom' or some nebulous bullshit like that, it's about gun owners who want guns and they simply do not care how many people have to die in order for them to continue owning them. It could be millions of people killed and they wouldn't care.

I'm sick of reading about stuff like this...

Cycloptichorn
Ragman

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:51 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

The shooter's brother said something I found telling: "I'd just like to know who sold him the machine gun."

...and furthermore, how did he get all of these cases of equipment and ammo (hidden In cases) by the hotel receptionist/gatekeeper. Cripes, this cretin had enough firepower to stop a small army.

AND, what was his female traveling companion (as of an hour ago, still missing) thinking about re warning the authorities?
Cycloptichorn

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:54 am
@Ragman,
He carried it in. It's legal, yaknow, hobbyists and their need to hobby is more important than anyone's life right

Cycloptichorn
snood

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:15 am
@blatham,
Sorry if this is a bit out of left field, but...
In your opinion do you see Trump as being capable or even likely to start a war solely as a way to deflect from all his failure and malfeasance?
ossobucotemp

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:21 am
@izzythepush,
Ahh, good to find this post (I'm stlll rooting around in the very messed up iMac).
Especially good, to me, is the coordinated response from SF 49'ers, long my favorite team in fair or poor weather.
ossobucotemp

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:29 am
@snood,
I have liked Jerry Brown, as well as his wife and his Corgi. He's a tad old (Jerry, not the Corgi) but I'd like to hear his thinking at this point.
Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 12:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I have liked Jerry Brown, as well as his wife and his Corgi. He's a tad old (Jerry, not the Corgi) but I'd like to hear his thinking at this point.

That's interesting, osso. Was it in response to something I posted?
Baldimo

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 12:48 pm
@blatham,
This is what a blatant anti-gun website looks like. They are considering gang violence to be "mass-shootings". Mind you this is the same website that used the same type of shootings on school property that had nothing to do with the school or it's students. You will also notice you were the first one to bring a political bent to this horrific event in Las Vegas about our US gun laws.
izzythepush

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:06 pm
@hightor,
If you follow Lash's link you'll find it's just to a page subscribing to the Financial Times. There's absolutely nothing that supports any of her wild allegations. She put the link in the belief that nobody would bother clicking on it.

Right wingers do not like the EU and the protection it gives its citizens in terms of healthcare, consumer protection, food safety, working conditions so they exaggerate to the Nth degree.

I don't think the EU has come out of this smelling of roses, but they've been caught on the back foot, but while they may sound a bit stuffy and detached by talking about the legalities of independence, they're not advocating police crackdowns and arrests.

As for Hungary and Poland.

Quote:
The EU has begun legal action against against Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic for refusing to accept refugees under a 2015 solidarity plan.

Migration Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos said the three countries had ignored "repeated calls" from the EU's executive to take their share.

Only 20,869 of the 160,000 refugees have so far been relocated in the EU.

The three states could be referred to the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and eventually face heavy fines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40259268
snood

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:08 pm
@Baldimo,
There's nothing crafty or underhanded or wrong about bringing up the limitation of access to assault rifles in the aftermath of another attack with assault rifles. What's wrong is making the unlimited access to military style assault rifles and large capacity magazines a sacrosanct thing, to be shielded from all scrutiny at all times.
blatham

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:22 pm
@snood,
Quote:
In your opinion do you see Trump as being capable or even likely to start a war solely as a way to deflect from all his failure and malfeasance?
I don't know.

I guess there are two questions here. First, is he enough of a sociopath to do this? And second, are the people around him and in the Pentagon sociopaths at that level?

I have more faith in others than in Trump. This isn't a situation like Iraq where a whole cadre of long-term politicos and connected neoconservative backers who had long supported the removal of Sadaam used 9/11 to achieve their
goals. If Trump moves in that direction, his motives will be evident to those working around him (including Kelly) and I doubt they'd go along on this.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Nice to see you. No new computer yet? Write me a message.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
She put the link in the belief that nobody would bother clicking on it.

I used to wonder about that. What that poster linked to rarely said what she suggested it did. I gave up trying to make sense of it (Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:57 pm)
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:49 pm
Quote:
Right Wing Watch‏ @RightWingWatch 2h2 hours ago
Pat Robertson links the Las Vegas shooting to rampant disrespect for President Trump, the national anthem and God.

Of course he did. This guy's con has been very good for him.
Quote:
Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion. A fan of Thoroughbred horse racing, Robertson paid $520,000 for a colt he named Mr. Pat. Trained by John Kimmel, Mr. Pat was not a successful runner.
wikipedia
0 Replies