monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
That would fit.
blatham

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:15 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't know him yet but am immediately drawn to him for his Dali moustache as I now have one myself.
ehBeth

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 02:23 pm
@blatham,
I'd been watching him casually and then he was on Sook-Yin's Sleepover podcast.

a snippet (about 2 minutes)

https://vimeo.com/180356763

I knew then that I really had to pay attention.
blatham

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey, everybody. Listen to this! It's really very bright.
Quote:
listen to the interview [with Kurt Anderson]
http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/sunday-edition/segment/14202201
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes. He's a cool fellow. I like him too.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:30 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

That would fit.

I resist any theories about trump's actions that ascribe craftiness or wily strategy. I think he's an overgrown adolescent who simply continues to be supported by an insane base no matter what his impulse control issues lead him to say and do.
Lash

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:39 pm
Likely in response to the election, Jerry Brown has leapfrogged to the front of the primaries.

It's been done before. Wondering which of the possible effects will result.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfchronicle.com/politics/amp/California-s-past-moves-to-earlier-presidential-12239328.php
roger

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:51 pm
@snood,
I have to agree. He isn't crazy like a fox: he's just crazy.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:53 pm
@Lash,
Old Moonbeam is still around, eh?
oralloy

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I've just shown one of the many alleged facts about which you are wrong by pointing out that there is not, and cannot be a Democratic "witch hunt" when a Republican Congress appoints a Republican Special Counsel to investigate President Plump's campaign.

No. All you showed is that you don't know who appointed the Special Prosecutor or how special prosecutors are appointed to begin with.

Setanta wrote:
Your desire to cling to your delusions does not make your delusions fact.

One nice thing about facts is, they don't have to be "made" fact. They are factual on their own merits.

Another nice thing about facts is, no matter how many times you wildly deny reality, facts still remain facts.

Setanta wrote:
I've shown many of your so-called "facts" to be false in the past.

No you haven't.

Setanta wrote:
I have no burden to remove your delusions.

I'm not a liberal. I don't have delusions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:04 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Yes, Congressional pressure lead to the appointment of the Special Counsel by Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, after Sessions recused himself.

Ah, you've bothered to learn how the Special Prosecutor was appointed. Very good. I'd been expecting that you'd simply keep insisting that Congress appointed the Special Prosecutor.

Now, note the reality that 99% of this Congressional pressure came from Democrats.

Yes, I know there were some token Republicans, like that surrendering coward John McCain. But by and large this pressure for a special prosecutor was the deliberate and malicious creation of the Democrats.

Setanta wrote:
You really should visit reality more often--it's a cinch that Plump didn't order the Justice Department to appoint a Special Counsel.

You shouldn't falsely accuse people of no connection with reality when it was you who was blundering along saying things like Congress appointed the Special Prosecutor.
oralloy

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:06 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
YOU however have never been a rational poster. That may be the problem.

That's not true. Layman merely points out facts that are inconvenient to liberals. That doesn't make him irrational.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:08 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
A personal and sincere request to everybody...
First, the level of personal insult we're seeing here is increasing. That's the wrong direction.

More pompous hypocrisy.

While it is true that the left's desire to respond to facts with insults is a problem, you had no problem with egregious namecalling when you needed to distract everyone from the fact that you never think for yourself and merely point at the writings of people who you deem to be intellectuals and yell "Look everyone! I think what that person thinks!"
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:36 pm
@oralloy,
At no time did I say that Congress had appointed the Special Counsel. Lies seem to be crucial to right-wing rhetoric.
layman

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

At no time did I say that Congress had appointed the Special Counsel. Lies seem to be crucial to right-wing rhetoric.

Yeah, right, eh?

Setanta wrote:
Why is a Republican heading this investigation? Because the investigation was ordered by the Republican Congress.

Ya can't make this kinda **** up, eh?
Lash

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:41 pm
@roger,
Nods.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:02 pm
I already knew how special counsels are appointed--that's why the Saturday Night Massacre was called a massacre, because the two top Justice Department officials resigned rather than fire the Special Counsel on Nixon's orders.

Trump certainly did not want an investigation of Russian meddling, and his firing of Comey, but McConnell and Ryan let President Plump know that, if necessary, they'd pass a new special counsel act (in case you didn't know, bright boy, the previous act had expired) and appoint one themselves. Congress ordered a special counsel, and after Sessions recused himself, Rosenstein appointed one.
snood

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:04 pm
@layman,
Wait, you still here? You said you just stopped by to give Finn a hug and spit in everyone's eye one last time. What's keeping you?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:06 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Congress ordered a special counsel...

Simply amazing. You don't just "double down" on your erroneous claims, or even "triple down." You spew them as fact ad infinitum.

Nice try, cheese-eater.
BillW

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:11 pm
@Setanta,
I think Mueller wants something with more meat on the bones that obsruction or collusion - both already having been proven. Mueller is going for RICO, which is now very close to being proven or the granddaddy of them all; treason! tRump has no affinity for America, only for himself and a little for family.....