monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:17 pm

British courts may unlock secrets of how Trump campaign profiled US voters
Quote:
A US professor is trying to reclaim his personal data from the controversial analytics firm that helped Donald Trump to power. In what legal experts say may be a “watershed” case, a US citizen is using British laws to try to discover how he was profiled and potentially targeted by the Trump campaign.
Builder

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
LOL, sounds like they're still trying to figure out how HRC lost, rather than how he won.

Trump is there to tell everyone that the entire political process is corrupted to the core, and needs the boot.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:24 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Trump IS part of the investigation. Mueller has been investigating Trump for months for obstruction of justice in firing Comey.

Any new Mayor in any city can fire the Police Chief and point another one.

Any new presidential administration can fire the head of the FBI and point another one.

This is a position given by pointing the finger, and president Trump can fire and hire by pointing his finger at the person he thinks will perform better in his administration.

You are talking peanuts.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
A US professor is trying to reclaim his personal data from the controversial analytics firm that helped Donald Trump to power. In what legal experts say may be a “watershed” case, a US citizen is using British laws to try to discover how he was profiled and potentially targeted by the Trump campaign.

Whatever they might find, it won't affect at all that the president elected is Donald Trump.

This is to say, any individual of candidate Trump's campaign who committed something illegal will pay the broken dishes, president Trump stays in power.

And better if the same president Trump tweeters that such person must pay for his wrongdoing. Lol.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:00 am
@snood,
Ever since I've been here Finn has been threatening to leave. He's like Moe threatening to commit suicide all the time.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba116d2a0ad2b8a1efb404bb62083545/tumblr_mx0swvT3LB1somw7ho1_1280.png
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:08 am
@wmwcjr,
Someone else's creativity there. It certainly does work as contrast, doesn't it.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
An undeserved tax audit is a harm in itself.

If a taxpayer knowingly refuses to comply with the tax code the audit is deserved.
Quote:
Many of those conservative groups were fined and/or had to pay back money that was lawfully theirs, and that financial setback sometimes led to even further financial losses and missed opportunities.

The money wasn't "lawfully theirs" if they broke the law to obtain it.
Quote:
That was a considerable harm.

So you don't believe that lawbreaking citizens and organizations should be punished? I know you feel this way about cops who kill unarmed, fleeing suspects and politically conservative groups who lie about their tax status — what other crimes do you believe should go unpunished?
izzythepush

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:10 am
Quote:
The US is in "direct contact" with North Korea, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said.
Mr Tillerson said Washington was "probing" the possibility of talks with Pyongyang, "so stay tuned".
"We have lines of communications to Pyongyang," he said during a trip to China. "We're not in a dark situation."
North Korea and the US have engaged in heated rhetoric in recent months but it was not previously known they had lines of communication.
The US state department later confirmed there were a number of communication channels open with Pyongyang, but said little progress was being made.
"Despite assurances that the United States is not interested in promoting the collapse of the current regime (...) North Korean officials have shown no indication that they are interested in or are ready for talks regarding denuclearisation," department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement.
The US wants North Korea to halt its weapons programme, which has seen it perform repeated missile tests and, on 3 September, the test of a miniaturised hydrogen bomb which could be loaded on to a long-range missile, which Pyongyang said was successful.
But attempts at dialogue seem to be at odds with President Donald Trump's own attitude to the issue. Just last month, he said "talking is not the answer".
Mr Trump has previously threatened to annihilate North Korea, saying the country's leader, Kim Jong-un, "is on a suicide mission". Mr Kim then vowed to "tame the mentally deranged US dotard with fire".
North Korea continued the rhetoric on Saturday, releasing a statement calling Mr Trump an "old psychopath" bent on the "suicidal act of inviting a nuclear disaster that will reduce America to a sea of flames".
The UN has brought in sanctions against North Korea in an attempt to force the secretive state to stop its weapons programme.
The US sees China - North Korea's biggest trading partner - as key to ensuring the sanctions are effective.
China this week told North Korean businesses operating in its territory to close down. However, China remains keen to see negotiations with North Korea.
Mr Tillerson revealed the communications channels following a meeting in Beijing with President Xi Jinping and other officials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41454007
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 04:43 am
The idiocy here is breathtaking. The Republicans control the Congress, yet one fool here is saying that the Democrats are conducting a witch hunt. Robert Mueller is is a life-long Republican, who served as FBI director in the second Bush administration, and the first four years of the Obasma administration, which shows that Obama had the sense to retain an effective manager at the FBI. He served as Assistant Attorney General in the first Bush administration, after serving as a United States Attorney during the Reagan administration. Why is a Republican heading this investigation? Because the investigation was ordered by the Republican Congress.

So much for Oralloy and his alleged facts.
Lash

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:00 am
@oralloy,
They are requesting the right not to be harassed and/or murdered with impunity.
oralloy

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The idiocy here is breathtaking. The Republicans control the Congress, yet one fool here is saying that the Democrats are conducting a witch hunt.

Liberals sure don't like it when people post facts.

Setanta wrote:
Robert Mueller is is a life-long Republican, who served as FBI director in the second Bush administration, and the first four years of the Obasma administration, which shows that Obama had the sense to retain an effective manager at the FBI. He served as Assistant Attorney General in the first Bush administration, after serving as a United States Attorney during the Reagan administration.

This doesn't absolve him of condemnation for heading up the Democrats' witch hunt.

Setanta wrote:
Why is a Republican heading this investigation? Because the investigation was ordered by the Republican Congress.

Congress ordered the special prosecutor? Are facts like kryptonite to liberals?

Setanta wrote:
So much for Oralloy and his alleged facts.

Your inability to show a single fact that I am wrong about, continues.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:49 am
I've just shown one of the many alleged facts about which you are wrong by pointing out that there is not, and cannot be a Democratic "witch hunt" when a Republican Congress appoints a Republican Special Counsel to investigate President Plump's campaign. Your desire to cling to your delusions does not make your delusions fact. I've shown many of your so-called "facts" to be false in the past. I have no burden to remove your delusions.
Setanta

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 05:57 am
Yes, Congressional pressure lead to the appointment of the Special Counsel by Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, after Sessions recused himself. You really should visit reality more often--it's a cinch that Plump didn't order the Justice Department to appoint a Special Counsel.
maporsche

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 08:02 am
layman wrote:

There are plenty of reasonable sites on the internet where rational discussion is encouraged (and allowed).

Yeah there are, like this site for example.

YOU however have never been a rational poster. That may be the problem.
maporsche

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 08:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You should know about what lubricates an asshole. Me, I've no use for the sphincter except as a means of delivery.

You just attempted to insult him by suggesting that he's gay?

People still do that? In 2017? I'm pretty sure that I stopped doing that in grade school almost 25 years ago.

I guess I thought more of you Finn. Maybe I'm wrong.
snood

Sun 1 Oct, 2017 08:56 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I guess I thought more of you Finn. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yup
0 Replies