monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
The email announcement called Price a "fierce opponent of government waste and devoted to limited government and lower spending."

We need to find some means of identifying those individuals who were born without the capacity to experience shame. Then, we need to pull out their fingernails one by one until they learn this important lesson of social living.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Good.

He did nothing on repeal and replace Obamacare and he is a perfect example of a politician sucking on the taxpayers' teat.

Of course, Trump won't get any credit for forcing him out but what else is new?
oralloy

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:22 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
We need to find some means of identifying those individuals who were born without the capacity to experience shame.

They self identify as liberals.

blatham wrote:
Then, we need to pull out their fingernails one by one until they learn this important lesson of social living.

kk
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Evidence was destroyed. Witnesses lied and refused to testify.

How can anyone prove it?

The DOJ did nothing.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:27 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Except for the fact that he wasn't, because no such thing has ever been shown to have occurred, and you know it.

It has been shown that most of the groups harmed were conservative.

We haven't yet had a proper investigation of what happened, so there is no way for Obama Administration wrongdoing to have been proven.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
That doesn't stop you though, because you're literally insane.

Funny how no one can challenge any of my facts.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Finn is mendacious

Nonsense.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
You don't and will respond with some blather, but no evidence,

I always provide evidence whenever someone asks me for a cite.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
all while loudly proclaiming that you are correct and that the Dems are responsible for all evils in the world.

Nothing wrong with me telling the truth.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
This is why you aren't taken seriously by anyone here

The fact that liberals always deny reality is no reflection on me.

Ooh look oralloy, Setana thumbed you down twice! So petty.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:30 pm
@Setanta,
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/cd/7c/20/cd7c209ff74366c83daaf09f164f56ff.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

How can you tell who thumbs and how they thumb?

You can't which is too bad because if you could it would reduce the abuse of the function.

Certain of us here (and not all conservatives) have gotten used to being regularly thumbed down. If the shoe is on the other foot now, some of you will just have to get used to it.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:34 pm
Isn't there a classic American film about a man who had a burr under his saddle?

He pretty much always ended up being thrown into a horse trough. As his girl walks off with the broad-shouldered hero. A quiet Canadian man.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:43 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I used to believe that white racism would be relegated to the dustbin of history. But it never will be because it's passed on from one generation to the next. The same is true of antisemitism and other kinds of bigotry.

The world and America have never been nor ever will be perfect places in which to live.

Jim Geraghty of the National Review put it very well when he wrote today

Quote:
A question I’d like asked of NFL players who continue to choose to kneel for the national anthem: What would you need to see to make you decide to stand again?

If you’re taking a knee because you feel like America has fallen short of living up to the values it proclaims . . . well, it’s only done that every day since July 4, 1776, and it will probably do that every day until the Second Coming. We’re a flawed nation because we’re full of human beings, and human beings are flawed. We will always have some lawmaker taking bribes, we will always have some cop somewhere abusing his power, some citizen committing a crime against another, someone demonizing another group of people. There is no heaven on this earth, and you cannot measure the quality of your country against heaven.

What Winston Churchill said about democracy feels like a good way of describing the country as a whole: “No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. . . . ” The United States of America is really flawed, but we’ll choose our flaws against other countries’ flaws any day of the week.

Those of us who stand aren’t saying that the country is perfect. The song doesn’t say that the country is perfect. Oddly, it ends on a question, almost a challenge: “O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?” In other words, is that flag still flying (yes) and is the country it flies over still the land of the free and the home of the brave? The answer, throughout our history has been, generally yes, although maybe not quite free enough, and perhaps not brave enough.

Everybody who stands for the anthem can probably point to some aspect of American life that really disappoints or angers them. Individuals and groups within this country can be materialistic, shallow, ignorant, lazy, spoiled, selfish, abusive . . . but those flaws aren’t what define us as a whole. The vast majority of us stand because we love and honor our country despite its flaws.

Is that perspective too much to ask of an NFL player?

http://www.nationalreview.com/morning-jolt/452005/republican-donald-trump-tax-plan-hits-suburbs-hardest?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=170929_Jolt&utm_term=Jolt
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:49 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I wasn't asking who they are in terms of names.
I was asking who they are in terms of what kind of human beings are they.

I understand that. My wager would be that some significant proportion of those giving the thumbs down vote will actually be thinking, "Compelling liberalish post. Must down-vote!" Identification of the turkey by name would, I think, encourage a deeper level of honesty.

I agree, but the irony here is hilarious.

Conservatives (and Lash and Max) have grown accustomed to having our every post thumbed down multiple times even if they contain nothing more than "Why?" or "Have a nice day?" and now you who have grown accustomed to having every post thumbed up, multiple times, are whining about someone who seems to be turning the tables...just a little.

Every time in the past when I complained of the abuse of the feature I was told by the usual suspects that I was whining and should get over myself. They were right, and I did. Y'all need to take that advice and quit the melodrama.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
JimGerahty clearly has no clue.
oralloy

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:52 pm
Quote:
LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- The director of the Michigan State Police has commented on NFL players protesting during the national anthem by posting a message calling them "degenerates."

http://www.apnews.com/b70c749ad8c74b0c986132b80fbdd3fb/State-Police-head's-media-post-calls-NFL-players-degenerates

Amen.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Really? And why is that? Because he doesn't agree with you and your comrades who want to focus on the worst all of the time?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
Please note. Jack's entirely specious comment got thumbed up.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quote:
LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- The director of the Michigan State Police has commented on NFL players protesting during the national anthem by posting a message calling them "degenerates."

http://www.apnews.com/b70c749ad8c74b0c986132b80fbdd3fb/State-Police-head's-media-post-calls-NFL-players-degenerates

Amen.

Please note oralloy's post that is nothing more than a statement of fact with a cite ...and an endorsement got thumbed down.

Quit your crying you babies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:00 pm
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2017/09/27/michigan-state-police-director-facebook-post/707202001/

Quote:
Michigan State Police director apologizes for anti-protest Facebook post

not an apology but sort of heading that way

Quote:
"It was a mistake to share this message on Facebook and I sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended," Etue's post read.

so like sorry if you have a problem and I shouldn't have made my belief public

actually - good that your belief is public
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Many are the craven when beset by the mob.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:22 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
not an apology but sort of heading that way

For the record I just voted ehBeth's post that I am replying to UP. Someone had voted it down before I came along, and I didn't see anything particularly egregious about it that would justify a downvote.

Anyway, I think it is shameful that she was forced to sort of apologize. It is reasonable for a police officer to strongly object when people openly call for the murder of police officers.

ehBeth wrote:
so like sorry if you have a problem and I shouldn't have made my belief public
actually - good that your belief is public

I think we can assume that most police officers object to calls for the murder of police officers.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:45 pm
Quote:
We seek him here, we seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That damned, elusive Pimpernel

The Scarlet Thumbdowner!
Blickers

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
You can decide a case not be pursued because it's not winnable, but not pursuing a case because you have an interest in the truth not coming out is obstruction of justice.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Can you cite anything even remotely like that in the text of the law?

Certainly, here is the definition of "obstruction of justice":
Quote:

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, endeavors to influence, intimidate, or impede any grand or petit juror, or officer in or of any court of the United States, or officer who may be serving at any examination or other proceeding before any United States magistrate judge or other committing magistrate, in the discharge of his duty, or injures any such grand or petit juror in his person or property on account of any verdict or indictment assented to by him, or on account of his being or having been such juror, or injures any such officer, magistrate judge, or other committing magistrate in his person or property on account of the performance of his official duties, or corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

Trump has already said he fired Comey because Comey was pursuing the Russian-GOP Mafia connection. The president cannot fire someone simply because he wants a case to go away.