monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:12 am
By all means they should check out the truth.

Lash wrote:

It looks like the representation of a really mad Jew eating Stalin. I approve.

https://able2know.org/topic/275712-55#post-6022029
Lash

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:14 am
@izzythepush,
Someone should've eaten Stalin. The earlier, the better.
hightor

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:20 am
Zardoz wrote:
The Alternative Minimum Tax became law in 1969 because 155 of the ungodly greedy paid not one cent of income taxes on their multi-million dollar incomes. The purpose of the Alternative Minimum Tax was to make sure this never happened again no matter how many deductions the ungodly greedy came up with they would have to pay at least some tax. It was a national scandal when the richest among us paid no income tax. The rich will always cite the highest tax tables bracket as how they are taxed but none ever pay the 39.6%. Now Trump wants to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax. Why? So the ungodly greedy can get away without paying a cent in income taxes.

When Trump 2005 tax return is examined Trump had to pay Alternative Minimum Tax and it increased his income tax by $31 million on an income of $153 million without it he would have paid only $7 million a tax rate of 5%. Get the picture? Trump is benefiting Trump. Do you think you will get to pay only 5% of your income? Trump wants to eliminate the estate taxes, the Alternative Minimum Tax, and cut taxes on family owned businesses from 39.6% to 25%. This cut will allow some of the biggest hedge funds to cut their taxes down not to 35% but to 25%. At least one of these hedge funds has made better part of a trillion dollars in the last 6 years.

There is a reason Trump ran so many businesses into bankruptcy and give him enough time he will bankrupt America. Make no doubt about no matter how Trump lies over 50% his tax cut will go to the top 1%, the ungodly greedy while the other 329 million Americans can divide what is left and when it is divided by 329 million it won't amount to much. It would be like everybody winning the lottery once it was divided you might get back what you paid for your ticket.

https://able2know.org/topic/170827-108#post-6512275
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:42 am
@hightor,
NYRB is my favorite periodical.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 04:47 am
Price flights now revealed to totaled more than one million bucks.
Quote:
The White House approved the use of military aircraft for multi-national trips by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price to Africa and Europe this spring, and to Asia in the summer, at a cost of more than $500,000 to taxpayers.

The overseas trips bring the total cost to taxpayers of Price’s travels to more than $1 million since May, according to a POLITICO review.

Price pledged on Thursday to reimburse the government for the cost of his own seat on his domestic trips using private aircraft — reportedly around $52,000 — but that would not include the cost of the military flights.

Price’s wife, Betty, accompanied him on the military flights, while other members of the secretary’s delegation flew commercially to Europe.
Politico
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:09 am
@Lash,
Earlier the better? Presumably you mean before he defeated Hitler. That figures.
Lash

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
Before he got pubes.

I can't decide if you're fixated on me or Jews. Either way, it's not healthy. Go find something happy to distract you from me and Jews. We'll get along fine in your momentary absence.
blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:17 am
Quote:
But the Bannon-Mercer coalition is much less organized at this stage compared with other major donor operations, particularly the Kochs’ network, which resembles a privatized political party with offices in most states and which has spent more than $1.5 billion over the past dozen years trying to reshape American politics around the brothers’ free-enterprise ideals.
NYT
One aspect of all this I'm trying to get some more clarity on is whether Bannon/Mercer are seen by the Koch operation as a dangerous competitor. So if you see anything particularly good on this, please link it on this thread.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:22 am
@Lash,
So long before he defeated Hitler. Figures.

Get over yourself darling, nobody is fixated on you.. You're on a thread I'm also on. You write a load of nonsense about standards of education being driven down by unions, while the truth is it's clueless teachers like you. Nice attempt to shift focus though.

I'm sure you'd be well happy if nobody was here to point out the inconsistencies in the nonsense you spout.
blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:31 am
Quote:
In June, Zinke and his staffers took a four-hour flight from Las Vegas to Kalispell, Mont., aboard a private plane owned by the executives of a Wyoming oil-and-gas exploration firm, aviation and business records show.

The flight cost taxpayers $12,375, according to an Interior Department spokeswoman. Commercial airlines run daily flights between the two airports and charge as little as $300.

...Zinke took the private charter flight in late June after giving a motivational speech to the Vegas Golden Knights, the city’s new National Hockey League team. The team is owned by Bill Foley, chairman of Fidelity National Financial. Employees and political action committees associated with the financial services company donated a total of $199,523 to Zinke’s two congressional campaigns, Federal Election Commission records show.

Zinke was in the Las Vegas area that day after flying on a commercial Southwest Airlines jet from Reno, Nev., where he spoke the night before at a nearby dinner in Lake Tahoe held by the Rule of Law Defense Fund, a conservative group of attorneys general backed by the Koch brothers.
WP
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
Ad hom is the cheapest way to try to get someone with a different opinion to stop talking.

I made substantive arguments about the specific damage the ultra powerful California union does to childrens' education.

If you think I'm wrong, prove it with facts instead of name-calling.
izzythepush

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 06:06 am
@Lash,
You don't know what an ad hom is. I've pointed out the facts as I see them. The chief fact is that I would not expect someone who is actually teaching the Holocaust to spout the inane nonsense you did on that thread.

Claiming someone is fixated on you is by far the cheapest way of getting them to shut up. It's not just me you've done it to either, time to get a new playbook.
Lash

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 06:15 am
@izzythepush,
Noticed you avoided making substantive comments about the teacher's union.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 06:21 am
Huh . . . let's have something about Trump--conservative distraction operations are boring. President Plump is, at least, entertaining.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders defends Trump on NFL controversy: 'It's pretty black and white'

Apparently, Plump's White House doesn't do irony.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 07:05 am
I see Paul Ryan is now doing some serious ass-kissing via Hannity. Not surprising. He knows, acutely, what happened to Cantor. He understands clearly that the Bannon wing, along with much of the base, have Ryan (and McConnell) directly in their sights. And he certainly gets that Fox/Hannity is the venue to try to convince base voters that he's not "establishment" (how stupid would you have to be to buy that story?).

It is now becoming consensus for conservatives in the Bannon/Trump universe that Ryan, McConnell and Karl Rove are RINOs. This is, of course, insane. But it gives us a good clue as to what's going on in the modern party and movement in the Trump era. This growing insurgent coterie is driven to its greatest passions in the urge to destroy - destroy government, destroy the parties, destroy institutions, destroy reputations, just destroy everything in sight.

It's a version of "populism" that has almost no vision of the future and no vision of possible or ideal political arrangements/policies. This isn't a movement driven by hope or dreams but rather by seething anger, by the certainty of victimization and by red-hot, incoherent grudges.
nimh

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So long before he defeated Hitler. Figures.

Trying to wrap my head around this rejoinder.

Before Stalin defeated Hitler, he waged one of history's greatest mass slaughters. One that rivaled or surpassed Hitler's in size.

Wishing he had been offed before he did that seems as blindingly obvious a wish as pretty much any I can think of.

That's really something you want to take issue with?

Like, what's the corollary here? Because he then succeeded to defeat Hitler, we should be glad for Stalin? Even though we a less murderously paranoid and totalitarian Soviet leader might well have done that as well, for all we know; maybe even sooner, as they would likely not have murdered off the entire top ranks of his army and all, the way Stalin did?

I swear, it takes a Brit to come up with this kind of thing. Ask people round this part of Europe if they would rather have had Stalin knocked off before he started killing off entire peoples and building Gulags.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:32 am
@nimh,
Maybe he does, and maybe he doesn't but it's simply an adjunct of his often expressed position that the Brits and the Russians and not the US won WWII.

He has a point to the extent someone argues that the US defeated Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan without any help from its allies, but clearly, Stalin did not defeat Hitler (and I surprised he didn't throw in Winston with Uncle Joe.)

Maybe I'm wrong and he unintentionally left out the word "helped."
Walter Hinteler

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
but clearly, Stalin did not defeat Hitler
Certainly not Stalin, but the Soviet Union won the Battle of Berlin which ultimately led to Hitler's death.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
True but there were just a few victories before that which enabled the Soviets to win that battle. Russia was an absolutely essential ally or FDR and Churchill never would have stomached Stalin in their presence, but the notion that one or two, and not all of the allies defeated Hitler (Nazi Germany) is foolish.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 29 Sep, 2017 08:50 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It is now becoming consensus for conservatives in the Bannon/Trump universe that Ryan, McConnell and Karl Rove are RINOs. This is, of course, insane.

You are right. They are perfect Establishment Republicans and really what other kind is there (in power)?