monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 01:22 pm
Yeah, I concur with that, GB. Finn has proved over and over he isn't capable of discussing Trump honestly. He will try to muddy any exchange about any of Trump's fuckups with a false equivalency, or with derision of the other poster, or like Set said - with diversion about Clinton or Obama. On matters of Trump, he is best just ignored.
Baldimo

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 01:48 pm
@snood,
Reminds me of the very type of discussions that took place here over the last 8 years...
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 01:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
GB, when Finny says it still works, he means he can still divert (or attempt to divert) the discussion of President Plump by mentioning Clinton. Do us all a favor and ignore the idiot, 'K?

I took Finn's post diverting the discussion to Hillary as a sarcastic reaction to your suggestion that conservatives are intentionally diverting the thread to Hillary.

Unlikely that any of us are distressed over the possibility of people discussing Trump in this thread. I know I'm certainly not bothered by that possibility.

I'm just swinging through because I saw a nice action movie coming up on TV. One that promises lots of fighting and explosions and no plot whatsoever, and I'm hitting the internet to look up spoilers for the movie and verify that it's what I'm expecting before settling down to switch off my brain and watch the mindless violence. If you want to go ahead and talk about Trump, have at it.

EDIT: I see Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a flat 0%. Good, no plot to worry about. Have fun talking about Trump.
snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 02:53 pm
I know we're not supposed to be talking about Clinton (even though the title of the thread mentions relevant contemporary events and the popularity of her book could at least arguably be called relevant and contemporary), but I couldn't resist sharing this:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21558967_1973092749627539_7947697217719907978_n.jpg?oh=bd7d82fc8341e855270779718c301301&oe=5A5D22D6
BillW

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 03:03 pm
@snood,
Go sit in the corner.......
snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 03:21 pm
@BillW,
Only if I can do it like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzhYqDXxZ5xdqfdpEw9TujsnvHNlN2QXMmIFiYkiWudxiTnvas
BillW

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 04:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Only if I can do it like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzhYqDXxZ5xdqfdpEw9TujsnvHNlN2QXMmIFiYkiWudxiTnvas

You know the rules young man, go there - now!
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:04 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
EDIT: I see Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a flat 0%. Good, no plot to worry about. Have fun talking about Trump.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_anomaly/

No explosions. Lots of fighting though, and some shooting. There was a bit of a plot, but it didn't get in the way of the fighting. I recommend it to any males who want to switch off their brain and stare vacantly at violence for a couple hours.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:21 pm
@snood,
I never knew there were so many psychopaths out there.
snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I never knew there were so many psychopaths out there.

To whom specifically do you refer (psychopaths)?
blatham

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:06 pm
You know, the North Korean leader could have responded to Trump's "rocket man" by calling him "pussy grabber". It's a tad sobering that even Kim Jong-un has more class than Trump.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:10 pm
@snood,
Quote:
To whom specifically do you refer (psychopaths)?

Hitlary book buyers.
snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Now there's some productive discussion fodder - conducive to edifying exchanges of thought. The hundreds of thousands of people (so far) who want to hear what Hillary has to say are psychopaths. Bravo. Keep up the good work, RL.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:27 pm
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21558657_2024892974188337_6938202048753718660_n.png?oh=f03e0ea399bd7db1f47b09a5133171c4&oe=5A4983A8
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:28 pm
Draining the swamp. It's why Trump ran for President. It's his dearest and deepest wish. It's why he chose the people he chose. Am I right or what?
Quote:
Price traveled by private plane at least 24 times
HHS secretary chartered flights even to cities with frequent, inexpensive commercial options.

...The cost of the trips identified by POLITICO exceeds $300,000, according to a review of federal contracts and similar trip itineraries.
Politico
And there's this charming example:
Quote:
Jenny Hopkinson reports that the Trump administration has stocked the Department of Agriculture with people who have no experience in agriculture, but did work on Trump’s campaign.
Politico h/t Paul Waldman
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 07:39 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Setanta wrote:
GB, when Finny says it still works, he means he can still divert (or attempt to divert) the discussion of President Plump by mentioning Clinton. Do us all a favor and ignore the idiot, 'K?

I took Finn's post diverting the discussion to Hillary as a sarcastic reaction to your suggestion that conservatives are intentionally diverting the thread to Hillary.

You have more wit than the combined members of the Clique.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 07:46 pm
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/21/watch-elizabeth-warren-get-frazzled-trying-to-prove-shes-not-part-of-the-one-percent/?utm_medium=email

This is great!

Apparently, according to Warren, if you come from humble beginnings it is A-OK being a multi-millionaire.

I happen to agree with her but then I'm not constantly railing against the 1%.

These people that you fools revere are frauds.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 07:52 pm
@snood,
Your notion of discussing Trump honestly is to agree with everything you say. No thanks.
Setanta

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:10 pm
As far as I can see, conservatives who show up in this thread don't discuss President Plump at all. It is hilariously to see reference to a "clique," though. Of course, conservatives would never constitute a clique, oh no. They're just telling the truth, unlike the lying, cheating, murderous, larcenous, sacrilegious pedophiles here who haven't the wit to agree with them.

This place cracks me up.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your notion of discussing Trump honestly is to agree with everything you say. No thanks.

Well I can understand you saying that. Anyone who thinks Oralloy witty is obviously judgement-challenged.
0 Replies