monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 07:28 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
The IRS, for its part, became a target of conservative ire during the Obama administration for its investigations into Tea Party groups—probes that Republicans called political witch hunts. The complaints about politicized taxmen could begin again, with the IRS joining forces with Mueller.

As the last nine months or so have clearly demonstrated, the "witch hunt" line will be thrown out and repeated regardless of whether the IRS is involved or not. Meuller is apparently not cowering in fright.
blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 07:37 am
@hightor,
It's a good piece and a good argument. I liked this little tidbit:
Quote:
Kellyanne Conway, whose husband, George, had worked pro bono for Paula Jones.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 07:53 am
What the police really need in order to do their job is more gear from the military. To demonstrate what I mean, watch the video of a nurse being arrested by a policeman who ought to have his own tank
revelette1

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:09 am
@blatham,
Implied consent from a comatose patient? How does that work? Why in the world did they need a blood sample in the place? From what I read, he was the victim of a car chase between the police and a suspect. Were they trying to get a head start on a lawsuit if the comatose patient woke up and filed a lawsuit? I hope the nurse sues the police for unlawful arrest.
blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:12 am
Well, this is damned unfortunate.
Treasury inspector general to review Mnuchin’s flight to Fort Knox
I thought that Mnuchin and wife's decision to view the eclipse from Fort Knox was a heck of a good idea. And so very, very conservativish. It's what Scrooge McDuck would have done.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:15 am
@revelette1,
Why he acted as he did is beyond me. We won't be surprised if he has a history of such behavior. And yes, I also hope she sues.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:19 am
Sheriff David Clarke resigns with no explanation. Might be a good story behind this.WP
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Because I don't know the answer... Duh!

How is it that you don't know the answer? We've gone over all of this before.

Olivier5 wrote:
What process?

The criminal prosecution of people.

Olivier5 wrote:
And who would those mysterious "innocent people" be?

Scooter Libby is someone who is unquestionably innocent, who was convicted and punished because of the Democrats' malicious witch hunts.

There is also no justification for the massive criminal investigation being conducted against Donald Trump. He is being subjected to an unwarranted criminal investigation solely because he stands in the way of the left's demented ideology.
blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:26 am
How perfect is this
Quote:
Kris Kobach Now A Paid Columnist At Breitbart
TPM
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:29 am
SCARY BANANA PEEL

Only because hightor loves these stories. Wink
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:30 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Well that's a straight up fact. The Democrats are abusing the law to persecute Trump simply because he does not agree with their demented ideology.

Do I really have to point out to you that the Dems didn't appoint Mueller, who is himself also not a Dem? Trump's own DoJ appointed him. What more, Trump could fire him, but hasn't. He could fire the guy who appointed him, but hasn't. The Congressional GOP could pass a law getting rid of Mueller, but hasn't.

In what universe is the Mueller problem for Trump, a Democratic party one? Not ours. The truth is that Trump is in trouble due to his own actions and those of his chosen associates.

Cycloptichorn
oralloy

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:31 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:
The IRS, for its part, became a target of conservative ire during the Obama administration for its investigations into Tea Party groups—probes that Republicans called political witch hunts. The complaints about politicized taxmen could begin again, with the IRS joining forces with Mueller.

As the last nine months or so have clearly demonstrated, the "witch hunt" line will be thrown out and repeated regardless of whether the IRS is involved or not. Meuller is apparently not cowering in fright.

The Democrats have a long history of abusing the IRS to harm innocent people who oppose them.

No one should expect the chief witch hunter to shy away from witch hunting. People who oppose the witch hunts should focus their efforts on outlawing the Democratic Party in America.

Another potentially profitable avenue is forcing the IRS to start auditing major Democratic figures. If the Democrats get enough of a dose of their own witch hunting they will back off for a bit.

That's a temporary measure though. A permanent solution can only be had by outlawing the Democratic Party.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:42 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Do I really have to point out to you that the Dems didn't appoint Mueller, who is himself also not a Dem? Trump's own DoJ appointed him.

The Democrats created the pressure that lead a naive official to blink and appoint him, and they created that pressure maliciously with that very goal in mind. The Democrats also maliciously created the atmosphere of untrue accusations that are now the foundation of the investigation.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
What more, Trump could fire him, but hasn't.

Pardons are an even better weapon. If Trump merely fires him, the Democrats will increase their pressure to have him reappointed. There is nothing they can do to undo pardons however.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
In what universe is the Mueller problem for Trump, a Democratic party one? Not ours.

No, it's our universe. The Democrats are the driving force behind this witch hunt.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
The truth is that Trump is in trouble due to his own actions and those of his chosen associates.

Trump isn't in trouble. All he needs to do is issue a bunch of pardons.

But the witch hunt is entirely the doing of the Democrats.
blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:48 am
As Thread Czar, I unilaterally declare that this man below is deserving of a Special Thread Award, namely, "Brave Voices Trying With All Their Might to Wake American The **** Up" award.
Quote:
Mark Taylor: Freemasons And Illuminati Are Using A Special Frequency To Change DNA And Make People Hate Trump
RWW
oralloy

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:50 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Trump's done for.

Hardly. You are assuming crimes that probably never occurred.

And if they did occur they are trivial compared to what the Democrats allowed Bill Clinton to get away with.

Blickers wrote:
Debate has been raging for months about whether one of the three Republican controlled Congressional committees empowered to get tax returns on an individual will get Trump's tax returns. So far none have attempted to try-but now with the IRS joining the investigation, that barrier has been breached.

Are you suggesting that the IRS will riffle through Trump's tax returns without legal authorization?

If they do, he should come down on them hard.

Blickers wrote:
Trump knows that an examination of those tax returns will lead investigators right to the people Trump has been laundering Russian money for, which is why he so steadfastly refused to reveal his tax returns to the public.

It's time for Trump to start setting up his quick move to Russia to avoid prosecution.

As I noted above, you are assuming a crime where none probably occurred.

And in the unlikely event that such a crime did occur, it would be pretty trivial compared to what the Democrats allowed Bill Clinton to get away with.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:51 am
@blatham,
How do we know he's wrong?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:53 am
Quote:
Mediaite‏Verified account @Mediaite 15h15 hours ago
Eric Trump Claims CNN Won't Cover His Dad's $1 Million Pledge... Three Hours After They Did http://bit.ly/2wrgp6w

People can mis-speak. And even mis-think. Eric is only human.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:56 am
He's always been a high-class sort. Lincolnesque.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
It’s Thursday. Which brand of eyeliner is the nation’s worst AG @AGSchneiderman wearing today?
6:27 AM - 26 Jun 2014
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 08:59 am
@oralloy,
This is exactly what I'm talking about, when it comes to nonsensical assertions on your part.

Cycloptichorn
oralloy

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:08 am
@Cycloptichorn,
What's wrong with me pointing out reality? The Democrats were very much relentlessly calling for the appointment of a special prosecutor before one was appointed. And they will certainly throw a major temper tantrum if Trump uses his legitimate authority to fire Mueller.