monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:18 pm
And now a word from Dame Shirley Bassey.

https://image.ibb.co/hLnZEv/2.jpg

blatham

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:33 pm
@jcboy,
Well that was a glorious respite! Thank you.

Damn, that woman could growl.
jcboy

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:35 pm
@blatham,
And she's in her 70's ! she still got it! Razz
0 Replies

snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:35 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
It's like Cosplaying mixed with a bunch of resentment and sexual frustration.

Haw! This is why I miss you 'round these parts.
snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
wickless tealight

Oh, y'all are on a roll.... Funny!
0 Replies

snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:40 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
"The United States is going to continue to send a message of resolve and determination," Pence said,
****. Me. This dude is sooooo stupid. He thinks he's a cartoon super-hero. So let's give him a cartoon theme song.

He's got the power of the glower
Glowerman, Glowerman
Gonna make 'em cower
Glowerman
He's the Glowerman

When there's trouble in the world
When evil-doers rise
He scrunches up his face
He scrunches up his eyes
He tilts his head five degrees
And sends out beams of sour
He kills 'em with the dour
He's got the power
of the glower
He's the Glowerman

Bravo! Classic! Man, I really needed these laughs.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:43 pm
@blatham,
I kid you not, that Glowerman bit brought tears.... Very Happy
blatham

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:57 pm
@snood,
I live to serve.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'm not a supporter of hate speech of any kind, but I also abhor the idea of 'safe spaces' for specific groups. The world isn't a safe space, people ought to get used to that ****.

Beth is right here, though: you have no right of free speech in a private venue. You can't come on my property and spout racist **** with no consequences.

Cycloptichorn

If referring to A2K as the private venue, then yes, she is correct. Our glorious leader can, at anytime, elect to ban or suspend any user he wishes for whatever reason. That's the benefit of paying the rent.

However, in regards to life outside of A2K, and especially on public streets where permits have been acquired etc, they have the right to spew whatever garbage they wish. In return, the public is not forced to listen to the rhetoric or react to it or respond to it in any way. You've stated somewhere that 2 alt-right protests were lined up and they are going to be disasters... That is only because the self-righteous leftists don't believe in free speech or equality. They feel that only their form of thought is "correct" thought and only "their speech" is free speech. It's these people that need to be feared and put down. At least the racists are true to themselves so far as their objectives go.
blatham

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:11 pm
Congratulations seem in order.
Quote:
Brian Klaas‏Verified account @brianklaas 7h7 hours ago
Days to hit 61% disapproval (Gallup)

Carter: Never
Reagan: Never
H.W. Bush: Never
Clinton: Never
W. Bush: 1,932
Obama: Never
Trump: 207
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:17 pm
Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY – Federal officials say that a 23-year-old Oklahoma man has been arrested after allegedly planning to blow up a bomb in downtown Oklahoma City.

According to a criminal complaint, the FBI arrested 23-year-old Jerry Drake Varnell at 1 a.m. on Aug. 12 after he allegedly attempted to detonate what he believed to be an explosives-laden van he had parked in an alley next to BancFirst in downtown Oklahoma City.

The complaint alleges that Varnell initially wanted to blow up the Federal Reserve Building in Washington, D.C. with a device that was similar to the one used in the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Court documents claim that Varnell was upset with the government, and his plans got the attention of law enforcement.
link here
And here's the dude who doesn't like government.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHNSwxXVYAAeq5M.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:19 pm
Quote:
At least the racists are true to themselves so far as their objectives go.

Yeah if their objectives included murdering and striking terror they had a great weekend.
blatham

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:21 pm
We'll recall that Trump visited Alex Jones' show during his candidacy.
Quote:
ALEX JONES (HOST): Here's a little bit of audio of me like 18 years ago protesting the KKK. There’s no big crowd of Antifa there supporting me, and them threatening to kill me, everything else. And it later came out they were federal agents like I said. It wasn’t even real. I mean, quite frankly, I've been to these events, a lot of the KKK guys with their hats off look like they’re from the cast of Seinfeld. Literally they’re just Jewish actors. Nothing against Jews in general, but they are leftists Jews that want to create this clash and they go dress up as Nazis. I have footage in Austin -- we're going to find it somewhere here at the office -- where it literally looks like cast of Seinfeld or like Howard Stern in a Nazi outfit. They all look like Howard Stern. They almost got like little curly hair down, and they’re just up there heiling Hitler. You can tell they are totally uncomfortable, they are totally scared, and it’s all just meant to create the clash.
MM
So, that's like totally cool.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Cycloptichorn

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:36 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'm not a supporter of hate speech of any kind, but I also abhor the idea of 'safe spaces' for specific groups. The world isn't a safe space, people ought to get used to that ****.

Beth is right here, though: you have no right of free speech in a private venue. You can't come on my property and spout racist **** with no consequences.

Cycloptichorn

If referring to A2K as the private venue, then yes, she is correct. Our glorious leader can, at anytime, elect to ban or suspend any user he wishes for whatever reason. That's the benefit of paying the rent.

I was referring more to any private property, but yeah this does include A2K.

Quote:
However, in regards to life outside of A2K, and especially on public streets where permits have been acquired etc, they have the right to spew whatever garbage they wish. In return, the public is not forced to listen to the rhetoric or react to it or respond to it in any way. You've stated somewhere that 2 alt-right protests were lined up and they are going to be disasters... That is only because the self-righteous leftists don't believe in free speech or equality. They feel that only their form of thought is "correct" thought and only "their speech" is free speech. It's these people that need to be feared and put down. At least the racists are true to themselves so far as their objectives go.

Okay, I'm a Liberal guy and I try and be tolerant of other people and their opinions, but I gotta tell ya: that tolerance ends right before Nazism and white supremacists begin. You can give me **** and call me inconsistent if you like, I don't care: I have zero tolerance for Nazis and racists. I don't give a **** about anyone's "heritage." I grew up in the South and I have plenty of relatives and people I know who are quite racist in private and who go on about 'muh heritage' in public, but don't have the balls to be openly racist around people they don't know.

I shouldn't even have to explain why literal Nazis deserve to be punched. Their ideology has no place in our discourse and those who practice it are evil people.

So yeah, these places are going to be disasters because people like me aren't going to sit back and let the evil fuckers take over the way other countries did so many times in the past. Not gonna happen in this country, the citizenry is going to make damn sure of that. Y'all are welcome.

Cycloptichorn
snood

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:38 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

snood wrote:

Quote:
At least the racists are true to themselves so far as their objectives go.

Yeah if their objectives included murdering and striking terror they had a great weekend.

I already know that you don't have the ability to get a point Snood. No need for you to keep proving it.

Yeah, about racists you're right. I don't "get" anything about em.
Good day to you, too.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Take over? 30 skin-heads with a flag? That's being over-dramatic.

Read this:
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see the part that says "unless you're a Nazi..." If you want the AntiFa people to be able to have speech and to peaceably assemble then you have to allow the dirty ******* Nazi's to do it too.

Your tolerance level has no bearing on the law. Is there any of the amendments that you don't believe are malleable around your personal opinions? Search and seizure ok as long as it's not your house? Are you OK with unusual punishments being handed out to the Nazi's as well? A little flogging ok?
hightor

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
However, in regards to life outside of A2K, and especially on public streets where permits have been acquired etc, they have the right to spew whatever garbage they wish.

Up to the incitement of violence, right?
Quote:
In return, the public is not forced to listen to the rhetoric or react to it or respond to it in any way.

True. But just because they're not forced to listen or respond doesn't mean they can't listen or respond. They have right of free speech as well as the people with the permit. Having the permit gives the demonstrators the right to assemble, and an assembly, as with a parade, can be expected to draw a crowd of onlookers.
Quote:
(...)the self-righteous leftists don't believe in free speech or equality. They feel that only their form of thought is "correct" thought and only "their speech" is free speech.

Oh come on, you can say the same thing about self-righteous conservatives, self-righteous ex-smokers, and self-righteous moralists of all persuasions. That's what "self-righteous" means. Duh. Thing is, McG, a lot of people you would be quick to label as "leftists" have legitimate reasons for opposing and exposing racist white nationalism for what it really is. And no, this doesn't give them the right to silence demonstrators who hold opposing views. But guess what? The vast majority of counter-demonstrators did not engage in violence — the "self-righteous" leftists you seem to be so worked up about are a small minority.
Quote:
It's these people that need to be feared ...

Feared? Yeah, the next time I don my SS uniform and walk down Main Street carrying a shield decorated with symbols of fascism I'll be quaking in my jackboots. I'd be in such fear that I might even have to carry a gun.
Quote:
...and put down.

Put down? You mean as in euthanized? Or just discouraged? Funny that you would be castigating "self-righteous leftists" as not believing in free speech or equality yet you're quick to advocate the suppression of free speech that you object to. All people are created equal — but conservatives are more equal than others, is that it?
McGentrix

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 07:09 pm
@hightor,
Remind me again... which side has been inciting violence?