monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 11:59 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I've just been reading those transcripts.

General Kelly doesn't seem to have scared the leakers much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts/?utm_term=.746c48af690a

Geeze, you have to give the guy more than a few days. Smile

If the leaks continue apace 30 days from now, then he will be proven to be ineffective.

Of course some leaks from any WH are deliberate tactics of a strategy.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Trump has successfully proven that just about anyone can be president, so maybe we should hold everyone up to the new presidential standard.

Remember when people said that Obama was disrespectful to the office of the presidency??

Yeah, he put his FEET up on the DESK, and sometimes he DIDN'T even wear a TIE!!

It's a brave new world where nothing the crass clown does is too low.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm
@maporsche,
Yes

Do you know these same people don't believe Trump has been disrespectful to the office?

Otherwise what's your point?
Walter Hinteler

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Well putting 755 Russian out of work will sure teach us a lesson!
Perhaps some Americans are in that number. But most media (here) reported that it mainly were Russian stuff like interpreters, secretaries, drivers, service persons etc.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't doubt it Walter, I just find it amusing in a black humor sort of way.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes

Do you know these same people don't believe Trump has been disrespectful to the office?

I only know what those people are saying Finn, none of us know what we're thinking unless you write it down.

I've been reading more FoxNews, Infowars, Newsmax. Not a lot of talk about Trump being disrespectful to the office. Maybe you could find something there that I've missed.

My point is that people were/are full of **** when the said that Obama was disrespectful to the office of presidency but don't say the same about this guy.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 01:07 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes

I only know what those people are saying Finn, none of us know what we're thinking unless you write it down.

Obviously

I've been reading more FoxNews, Infowars, Newsmax. Not a lot of talk about Trump being disrespectful to the office. Maybe you could find something there that I've missed.

Why would I try?

My point is that people were/are full of **** when the said that Obama was disrespectful to the office of presidency but don't say the same about this guy.

Here again you are claiming to know that there are people who made a claim about Obama who are unwilling to make the same claim about Trump and yet you've admitted you can't identify them

maporsche

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 01:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Here again you are claiming to know that there are people who made a claim about Obama who are unwilling to make the same claim about Trump and yet you've admitted you can't identify them

1) again? where did I make this claim the before this
2) you're misrepresenting what I said. I said that I haven't seen the same groups of people (people who write articles at specific websites in fact) publish that claim. They may think it in their heads, but with Obama they appear to have shared those thoughts with the world...but with Trump, it seems like those thoughts are staying in their heads. Again, referring to right-wing websites I view, and I stated that this is my viewpoint...I haven't conducted a media study or anything.

Not sure why you're picking-nits here.

Do you believe that right-wing websites ARE complaining about Trumps disrespect for the office?

Do you not think Trump is disrespecting the office?

I really don't know what you are getting at and I'm curious.
snood

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 01:43 pm
@maporsche,
Damn is this guy just dense? You said Faux News, InfoWars and Newsmax are the ones who made the claims about Obama, but never say the same about Trump. But he keeps saying you can't identify anyone. Does he need names and photos? I think he's lonely and has to play dumb to keep you talking. Kinda sad. Kudos to you for humoring the poor wretch.
maporsche

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 01:51 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Damn is this guy just dense? You said Faux News, InfoWars and Newsmax are the ones who made the claims about Obama, but never say the same about Trump. But he keeps saying you can't identify anyone. Does he need names and photos? I think he's lonely and has to play dumb to keep you talking. Kinda sad. Kudos to you for humoring the poor wretch.

Beats me.

I wish there was some policy or something to discuss but this presidency really hasn't accomplished much and there really isn't much on the table to discuss....just this constant flow of Trump's image problems.
ossobucotemp

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:24 pm
@maporsche,
and some worries, presently on the smaller side, about him going off half cocked militarily. His natural interests (golf, his image) seem to pull him away from complicated attack modes day to day, so far.
0 Replies

lmur

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:26 pm
Breaking...
https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-counsel-mueller-impanels-washington-grand-jury-in-russia-probe-1501788287
ossobucotemp

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:29 pm
@lmur,
Here we go..
maporsche

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Here we go..

I wouldn't get too excited yet
ossobucotemp

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:36 pm
@maporsche,
Right. May well be the start of something small. I take it as a positive movement though.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
One interesting cultural difference between England and US/Canada is in the use of "cock" and "****". Far more taboo over here. I'd guess the version(s) of protestant faith and traditions over here are the main cause.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
General Kelly doesn't seem to have scared the leakers much.
Yes. Interesting that is so.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:44 pm
@Sturgis,
It's a thing to watch. He might be formidable.
blatham

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:51 pm
Senate Republicans definitely changing tone as regards Trump
Quote:
Bewildered Senate Republicans Hit Back At Trump For Russia Blame
TPM
An interesting tweet quoted in the piece
Quote:
Dmitry Medvedev ✔ @MedvedevRussiaE
The Trump administration has shown its total weakness by handing over executive power to Congress in the most humiliating way
1:38 PM - Aug 2, 2017
Notice how he is pushing Trump's buttons in this.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:54 pm
@blatham,
Mueller has empaneled a DC Grand Jury. I think you can call this a 'holy ****' moment for Trump supporters as well as the rest of the country.