monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:05 am
@Blickers,
Me neither...I'm on the short side of the Baby Boomer generation.

Quote:
No. Still wearing Youth For Dick in 68 sweatshirts?

That's a good one, but back in '68 I was wearing bell-bottoms (but not tie-died shirts) and had hair down to my shoulders. I was a radical man!

Then I got married had kids and grew up. You should try it.

0 Replies

layman

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:07 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
please do not respond to any of my post because I will not be responding to you.

That's right, run to your "safe space," cheese-eater.

Sorry, Girl, but I will continue to point out your false claims. This is for the benefit of others, not you. You're hopeless.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:07 am
@revelette1,
Hardly a rational response. Enjoy your pouting.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:14 am
Perhaps all this is settled now since Donald Trump Jr. has published the email chain (He was told that the campaign meeting would be with a 'Russian government lawyer', according to his published emails.)
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:21 am
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/11/nyc-mayors-trip-germany-taxpayer-funded-resist-trump/?utm_source=hadaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Quote:
Remember when New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio hopped on a jet and took off to Germany right when the city was in mourning over the assassination of yet another police officer? To say that this was a political misstep is the definition of an understatement, but the fallout of that stunt isn’t quite over yet. Some people are raising the awkward question of precisely who paid for that little public relations disaster. As you could probably have guessed without my telling you, it was the taxpayers of New York City. But fear not, citizens! The New York City Conflict of Interests Board gave the mayor the thumbs up for spending the money because it served a “city interest.”

Quote:
A number of outlets, including Politico, have repeatedly noted that de Blasio has privately expressed frustration over not being taken more seriously as a national political figure, something vital to his not-very-secret aspirations for higher office. He’s definitely shown interest in the Governor’s mansion and at least hinted at the possibility of a future presidential run.

Run Big Bird run! Pleeeeeezzzz!

0 Replies

layman

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Perhaps all this is settled now since Donald Trump Jr. has published the email chain (He was told that the campaign meeting would be with a 'Russian government lawyer', according to his published emails.)

Because Trump published every one of them himself in the interest of transparency, eh?:

Quote:
“To everyone, in order to be totally transparent, I am releasing the entire email chain of my emails” about the June 9 meeting, he wrote. “I first wanted to just have a phone call but when that didn’t work out, they said the woman would be in New York and asked if I would meet.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/document-Donaldtrumpjr.html
0 Replies

snood

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:30 am
"In the interest of transparency" after first denying the meeting occurred, then changing his story twice about the nature of the meeting, and after the NYT had already contacted him and let him know they had the emails, and asked for comment. Yeah, he's a real champion for transparency. To believe that you'd have to be stupid, gullible, or just crazy.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:31 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
To believe that you'd have to be stupid, gullible, or just crazy.

And we've got all three examples on this thread.
snood

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
And some twofers and trifectas!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
True. You, giujohn, and georgeob.
snood

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:34 am
@MontereyJack,
I don't think izzy is any of those things.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:35 am
@MontereyJack,
What's upset you then?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:36 am
@snood,
Thank you.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:46 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

...after[/i] first denying the meeting occurred, then changing his story twice about the nature of the meeting, and after the NYT had already contacted him and let him know they had the emails, and asked for comment. Yeah, he's a real champion for transparency. To believe that you'd have to be stupid, gullible, or just crazy.

Nice try, cheese-eater. What source do you have for the claim that he denied the meeting occurred?

Hmmmmmmm?

I'll skip the bullshit about "changing his story," since I've already addressed it.
glitterbag

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:05 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Hardly a rational response. Enjoy your pouting.

Tut, tut, tut, harrumph, (clears throat loudly). tut tut sputter (adjusts monocle), tut tut tut checks pocket watch, puffs on prized Calabash, chortles dryly, heaves amused sigh, takes a deep draw from the Calabash, leans back and attempts to blow smoke rings into the rarified air.

Tres amusant, merci mon bon ami

And a titter ran thru the crowd
hawkeye10

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:08 am
It is so pathetic that the "GET THE VERMIN OUT OF TOWN" crowd is reduced to getting excited that Team Trump took a meeting on the promise of Russian generated Op Research being offered, which was a lie, it was a trick talk about adoptions of kids. Of course the Trumps wanted dirt on Hilary, politics is a very dirty business, this is what everyone does now, this is not going to be good enough.

We are into our ninth month of these clods trying to figure how to off-load THE PEOPLES CHOICE, they should be ashamed of the quality of their workm
Baldimo

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm beginning to think I'm one of the youngest people on this board, maybe next to Maporch and JC boy. I think Snood is in his late 40's or early 50's based on the fact he retired a few years ago from the Army. The rest of everyone else seems to be between 60-90 with a majority of the left of center being in the much older group.
layman

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:19 am
Assuming that the NYT's claims are true that they have 5 sources for the contents of Trump's emails and that they have actual copies, then the question would be: "How was that information obtained and disseminated?"

Think hard now, eh?

As I recall there were claims that the FBI/NSA secretly infiltrated the trump tower communications system, eh?
layman

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:26 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The rest of everyone else seems to be between 60-90 with a majority of the left of center being in the much older group.

Nothing quite so pathetic as an aging hippy still desperately trying to cling to his "glory days," eh, Baldy?
hawkeye10

Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:30 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

The rest of everyone else seems to be between 60-90 with a majority of the left of center being in the much older group.

Nothing quite so pathetic as an aging hippy still desperately trying to cling to his "glory days," eh, Baldy?

The real problem is the lack of diversity around here....that and the smallness of the community now. But yes we boomers (I was born 1962) have been a nearly complete disaster for America, entering old age does not find us improved any either.
0 Replies