Walter Hinteler

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:16 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
Of course you included the word "full" in your post;
No doubts that I did so.

But I responded to what
you wrote:
The key word here is "FULL," of course, Walt.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:46 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Utterly outrageous that they want a 'national registration ' ...

Oh, yeah, sure, "utterly outrageous" when THOUSANDS of voters are registered in more than one state. Only a "national registry" can detect that.

Not to mention that SOMEONE needs to be held accountable for correlating death certificates with voter registration, nationwide.

Quote:
"The Pew Center estimated last year that 1.8 million deceased people are still on the voter rolls throughout the states," Kobach told Cooper. "They said that's an estimate. They think it's a low estimate.

There's a damn good reason why these politicians don't want anyone looking into that. Democrat or Republican, many of them rely on dead "voters" to win elections at the State (and national) level.

You kinda like being OUTRAGED 24/7, doncha, Bag?
layman

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 03:26 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

layman wrote:

The cheese-eaters argue that you still have the right to "stand your ground." If some killer busts through your front door with a gun in his hand while you're in your living room, you're not REQUIRED to try to run out your back door.

You still have the right "stand your ground" while being murdered. You just can't try to stop it, that's all.

Ugh, in NYS you are expected to run and hide. Stupidest **** you ever heard of.

If I wasn't packin and some perv busted into my crib, if I could take that gun from him I would empty the chamber into his sorry ass, eh, Gent?

A cheese-eater would call that "murder."

I would call it "deterence" of the most effective kind. That perv aint gunna be comin back tomorrow night to "evem the score," ya know?

I would also call it "justice," of course.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 03:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Agreed, but the people of NY voted for the politicians who imposed these laws and can vote for others who will repeal them...or they can leave the state.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:03 pm
Here's a post that was submitted at Democratic Underground that might be appreciated by conservative readers. But first, to provide context, I must copy and paste the OP:

left-of-center2012 wrote:
cartoon - Trump: "When somebody hits me ..."
https://s17.postimg.org/rc5gdeg7z/Untitled.png

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029280958

I find this editorial cartoon to be hilarious -- not because I think bullying (a detestable character trait) is funny, but because the cartoon is an excellent expression of satire.

Here is the post I've referenced above that was submitted in reply to the OP:

stonepounder wrote:
8. It's no longer funny, or on point, or anything else.

I don't see us being able to recover from Trump and the GOP. They control pretty much all 3 branches of the government, don't give a damn about the voters, are working as hard as they know how to rape and pillage the wealth of the country, they have actually established a 'commission' to suppress Democratic voters, they are running ads encouraging violence and terrorist attacks against liberals, and completely ignoring the Constitution.

I don't see the USA that we grew up in surviving this all-out assault. The best we can hope for is to split into two countries, but even then, who gets the military and the nukes? It is one thing to try and fight a civil war with muzzle loaders, it is another thing entirely when you are fighting against the most powerful army on earth. And don't think that the majority of the army will desert and fight on the side of the liberals, since the military has always been on the Conservative side.

Stick a fork in us folks, we're done. We can stave it off for a little while with our protests and our sit-ins and our letters and our Town Halls, but once the GOP gets control of who gets to vote we will have no place left. And the so-called free press will be FOX News and the National Enquirer.

I believe this will, in fact, happen. I don't believe the Democratic Party has a chance. Some (if not many) of their wounds have been self-inflicted. Besides, since the Democrats aren't the party of the rich, they're bound to run out of money eventually; and as every schoolchild knows, in politics (and just about everything else), money talks. So, I have no doubt that decades from now, the U.S. will be a one-party oligarchy with authoritarian tendencies. The only development that could possibly save the Democrats from this dismal future would be the advent of a second Great Depression. But I have some doubt that that would be the outcome. We'd probably end up with an American Hitler.

Incidentally, since I'm much too independent to be categorized ideologically, I won't be able to have much of an identification with any of the major players in this drama. If I'm still around to see all of this unfold in all its gory glory, I'll just shrug my shoulders and shake my fists in helpless and hopeless frustration. But at least the masses (on both sides) will be provided with many days -- nay, decades -- of countless entertaining posts to be read on the Internet. As Dr. Erhardt would say on MST3K, enjoy!
layman

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:10 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

OK, LISTEN UP, BOYS! We have an infallible plan to get rid up Trump! It's a 3-stage plan. Here's how it works:

This **** is so rabidly partisan and utterly stupid that even a few prominent Democrats feel forced to point it out, eh?:

Quote:
Kucinich rips Dems for proposal to examine Trump's mental fitness

Dennis Kucinich, the former Democratic congressman and presidential candidate, blasted his party colleagues on Tuesday over a push to examine President Trump’s mental and physical fitness for office – and potentially use the findings to seek his removal.

“I think it’s destroying the party as an effective opposition.”

Kucinich speculated that some in his party are having a tough time trying to “reconcile” the results of the November election with their own politics but called for lawmakers to find common ground.

“What’s happening here is not good for the country,” Kucinich said. “People want political parties to be focused on America’s economic needs, jobs, wages, heath care, education, retirement security and peace -- and they want American politicians to be constructive, not destructive.
layman

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:20 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Kucinich said. “People want political parties to be focused on America’s economic needs, jobs, wages, heath care, education, retirement security and peace -- and they want American politicians to be constructive, not destructive.”

Why does that even need to be said? Can't Democrats even count!? It's true that probably about 30% of population (the hard-core cheese-eating "progressive" far left) simply wants to DESTROY. But that aint no majority, and it won't get them elected.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:23 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
. Besides, since the Democrats aren't the party of the rich,

Are you sure about this? Have you not been studying the DNC and the RNC?

They seem to be the same coin just different sides of the same coin.

If you research you will find that Hitlary and Donald's family have been friends for quite some time. They have spoke nicely of each other for years but not now unless you include that Donald thinks Hillary should not be prosecuted but rather left alone. Remember lock her up? What happen to Donald's old view point?

Hillary loves the Bush family as well she is considered to be a daughter of theirs. Hitlary comes from a family of conservatives and I think she still is conservative. She is just a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Hitlary and the DNC are representatives of wealthy donors. Have you read any of the DNC lawsuit court transcripts?

What about the part where they get to decide who their party leaders will be rather that what the register DNC voters think.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:27 pm
@wmwcjr,
With all due respect, (sincerely) this is nonsense.

First of all stonepounder's 2nd paragraph is hyperbolic tripe

Secondly there are plenty of rich donors to the Democrat Party (including Unions) or they wouldn't have been able to outspend the Republicans in the last three elections.

Thirdly, barring a catastrophic event it's highly unlikely that the Union will divide along ideological lines (as much as I would like it to...peacefully of course) but if there is a violent attempt to split it up, the military will side with the federal government regardless of the president's political party.

Which leads to point #4: I don't know how many times pundits and people have predicted the end of both parties and the ongoing dominance of one or the other. They are always wrong. This last election is a perfect example. Trump was predicted to not only lose but destroy for decades the Republican party. I do agree though that the way the Democrats are now acting suggests that in 2020 they will shoot themselves in the foot again and run a far left candidate. Plenty of the people who voted for Trump don't like him personally (me for one) but felt he was a better choice than Clinton. If the Dems think that dynamic will disappear in 2020 they are crazy. They would have a much better shot running someone like Jim Webb, but they won't because their rich donors and base would go crazy.

Finally, there is little chance of an American Hitler rising to power, but to the extent there is it could just as easily result in an American Stalin.

The cartoon though is amusing.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:30 pm
@layman,
You're behind the curve layman

Kucinich is no longer a prominent Democrat, he's a shill for the conservative agenda of Fox News

Ask any liberal Dem here; they'll tell you.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
I've not been paying as much attention to reports concerning the DNC and the RNC as you have. But I have been aware that the Clintons and Donald Trump once were on friendly terms. (When one considers this fact, one wonders how he was able to secure the Republican nomination.) I also was aware that Hillary was a "Goldwater girl" in 1964. I believe her conversion from conservatism was sincere. If she had wanted to be on the winning side, she would have stayed with the Republican Party. After all, the election of Bill Clinton in '93 was a bit of a fluke. I'm afraid it's impossible to be elected to federal office without rich sponsors. At the risk of incurring the displeasure of my conservative friends -- hey, I have liberal/progressive friends as well, not to mention my dear heroic sister! -- maybe public financing of elections isn't such a bad idea.
reasoning logic

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

At least the Republicans have an honest ideology that embraces corporate America.

Is this an ideology that you embrace?
reasoning logic

Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:32 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
If she had wanted to be on the winning side, she would have stayed with the Republican Party

Are you serious? There are many ways to bullshit the American people and the DNC had bull shitted me for many years. The DNC held the presidency for the past 8 years even though they lost in many other areas.
The RNC and the DNC are a kin to organized psychosis where their followers believe that their leaders represent their best interest.