monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 03:30 am
@layman,
The punk with the orange hairdo is obsessed by women's menstrual blood, it seems.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 08:11 am
Quote:
The Propaganda Ministry, through its Reich Press Chamber, assumed control over the Reich Association of the German Press, the guild which regulated entry into the profession. Under the new Editors Law of October 4, 1933, the association kept registries of “racially pure” editors and journalists, and excluded Jews and those married to Jews from the profession.

Propaganda Ministry officials expected editors and journalists, who had to register with the Reich Press Chamber to work in the field, to follow the mandates and instructions handed down by the ministry. In paragraph 14 of the law, the regime required editors to omit anything “calculated to weaken the strength of the Reich abroad or at home.”

The Propaganda Ministry aimed further to control the content of news and editorial pages through directives distributed in daily conferences in Berlin and transmitted via the Party propaganda offices to regional or local papers. Detailed guidelines stated what stories could or could not be reported and how to report the news. Journalists or editors who failed to follow these instructions could be fired or, if believed to be acting with intent to harm Germany, sent to a concentration camp. Rather than suppressing news, the Nazi propaganda apparatus instead sought to tightly control its flow and interpretation and to deny access to alternative sources of news.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 10:18 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Have a good time!

I also happen to have two daughters. I expect to become a grandfather in late December. Smile

Congratulations Very Happy
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 10:23 am

Revelette1:
Quote:
he Russia interference in our 2016 has been confirmed by every single intelligence agency we have,

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/06/29/nyt-finally-retracts-russia-gate-canard/

Quote:
Exclusive: A founding Russia-gate myth is that all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies agreed that Russia hacked into and distributed Democratic emails, a falsehood that The New York Times has belatedly retracted, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Quote:
The New York Times has finally admitted that one of the favorite Russia-gate canards – that all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies concurred on the assessment of Russian hacking of Democratic emails – is false.

New York Times building in New York City. (Photo from Wikipedia)
On Thursday, the Times appended a correction to a June 25 article that had repeated the false claim, which has been used by Democrats and the mainstream media for months to brush aside any doubts about the foundation of the Russia-gate scandal and portray President Trump as delusional for doubting what all 17 intelligence agencies supposedly knew to be true.

In the Times’ White House Memo of June 25, correspondent Maggie Haberman mocked Trump for “still refus[ing] to acknowledge a basic fact agreed upon by 17 American intelligence agencies that he now oversees: Russia orchestrated the attacks, and did it to help get him elected.”

However, on Thursday, the Times – while leaving most of Haberman’s ridicule of Trump in place – noted in a correction that the relevant intelligence “assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.”

0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 10:24 am
The four agencies involved in the BS claim are basically compromised to the point of needing to be dismantled.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 10:32 am
Wotsit Hitler has to be the most vindictive and corrupt person ever to sit in the Oval office.

Quote:
Two TV presenters attacked on Twitter by President Donald Trump have accused him of lying and suggested the White House tried to blackmail them.
The hosts of MSNBC Morning Joe said they were warned a tabloid would run a negative story on them unless they said sorry for their coverage of Mr Trump.
Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough said Mr Trump's tweets were "vicious" and "frightening".
The president called them "low IQ crazy Mika" and "Psycho Joe" on Thursday.
He also referred to Ms Brzezinski as "bleeding badly from a facelift".
The couple, who are engaged to be married, wrote a joint response in Friday's Washington Post accusing the president of an "unhealthy obsession" with them.

They denied his claims they had spent three nights at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida last New Year's Eve, or that they had "insisted", as Mr Trump claimed, on spending time with him.
Instead they said they turned down his invitation to attend his New Year's Eve party.
They continued: "Putting aside Mr Trump's never-ending obsession with women's blood, Mika and her face were perfectly intact, as pictures from that night reveal.
"And though it is no-one's business, the president's petulant personal attack against yet another woman's looks compels us to report that Mika has never had a face-lift."

The TV presenters also said three White House officials had told them the National Enquirer would publish a negative article about them unless they apologised to Mr Trump for their scrutiny of him.
Mr Scarborough said: "They said, 'if you call the president up and you apologise for your coverage then he'll pick up the phone and basically spike the story.'"
"I had, I will just say, three people at the very top of the administration calling me."
Ms Brzezinski said reporters from the supermarket tabloid began harassing her family.
"They were calling my children," she said. "They were calling close friends.
"These calls persisted for quite some time and then Joe had the conversations that he had with the White House where they said 'oh, this could go away'."
David Pecker, chief executive of the Enquirer's parent company, is a staunch ally of Mr Trump, which is reflected in the tabloid's coverage of the president.
But in a Friday morning tweet, Mr Trump denied the couple's claims, saying Mr Scarborough "called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no!"
Mr Scarborough swiftly hit back: "Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven't spoken with you in many months."
Mr Scarborough also said that a "well-known congressman" had told him that the president went on a "rant" against the show during a meeting with around 20 legislators at the White House to discuss efforts to pass healthcare legislation.

"I've been in politics my whole life. … He scared me," Mr Scarborough said, describing what the source had told him.
"Because he was vicious when he turned from you to Mika," he described being told.
"His face was red. He started talking about blood coming out of her ears, out of her eyes."
The Enquirer's owner said on Friday morning the tabloid had published a story at the beginning of June about the couple's relationship "the truth of which is not in dispute".
Dylan Howard, vice-president of the publication's parent company, added in the statement: "We have no knowledge of any discussions between the White House and Joe and Mika about our story, and absolutely no involvement in those discussions."
The Enquirer's Twitter account retweeted their article on Friday, with a headline about "Morning Joe Couple's Sleazy Cheating Scandal!"
Mr Trump's original tweet about the MSNBC hosts provoked a storm of criticism, including even from some fellow Republicans.
Senator Lindsey Graham said Mr Trump's remarks on Thursday were "beneath the office" of president.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40458145<br />
revelette1

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
I think it is worst than being vindictive and corrupt, though I'll agree with that, but I think he has serious mental problems which gets in the way of his "duties." In the future we (US) might need to have future presidents examined by unbiased professionals before they can be acting presidents.
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:12 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Have a good time!

I also happen to have two daughters. I expect to become a grandfather in late December

Yes, congratulations. Being a grandparent changes your live for the better in so many ways which are hard to describe.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:22 am
@izzythepush,
Who ya gunna believe? Two sleazy "journalists" whose network gets paid millions to tell lies about Trump, or Trump himself?

Trump's reputation for honesty aint high, but it's still 4-5 times better higher than MSM commentators. The majority will always believe Trump over them, unless there is proof that he's lying.
revelette1

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:30 am
@layman,
It is not surprising you miss the point. Who cares who is right (though I think Trump is looking bad on this) on the particulars of Trump's/Jo's/Mika's battle.

The point is we have such an idiot of a president who at 9 am on a weekday is rant tweeting about insignificant things instead of paying attention to his official duties. I mean he should be presidential, rant tweeting is not presidential. He is behaving as if he is a 7 year old bully in a school yard.
layman

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:35 am
Surprise, surprise!

Quote:
Dem state officials refusing to cooperate with Trump voter fraud probe

Democratic state officials already are refusing to cooperate with the voter fraud investigation ordered by President Trump, saying they will not hand over the extensive “voter roll data” the commission is seeking.

The response comes after Kris Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state serving as vice chair of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, wrote to all 50 states this week asking for their input as well as voter registration data.

Kobach specified in the letter he would only request “publicly-available voter roll data” under each state’s laws.

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla struck a similar chord, saying in a statement he would “not provide sensitive voter information to a commission that has already inaccurately passed judgment that millions of Californians voted illegally."

Padilla, eh? What kinda name is that, ya figure?

I see. Sez here that:

Quote:
Surnames such as Armijo, Baca, Cortés, Durán y Chávez, García de Noriega, Lucero de Godoy, Padilla, and Ulibarrí, among others, can be found throughout Mexico.

Figures, sho nuff.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:38 am
@revelette1,
Hey, even a President is entitled to take a minute or two to **** up somebody's who's asking for it, eh?

Harry S. Truman wrote:
“I have read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an eight ulcer man on a four ulcer job. Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes and perhaps a supporter below.”
0 Replies

Debra Law

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Wotsit Hitler has to be the most vindictive and corrupt person ever to sit in the Oval office.

Quote:
Two TV presenters attacked on Twitter by President Donald Trump have accused him of lying and suggested the White House tried to blackmail them.

The hosts of MSNBC Morning Joe said they were warned a tabloid would run a negative story on them unless they said sorry for their coverage of Mr Trump.

Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough said Mr Trump's tweets were "vicious" and "frightening"....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40458145<br />

I imagine there are people who can be blackmailed, and people who cannot despite vicious and frightening threats.

And Trump bullies and threatens people. Is that not his modus operandi? Makes people wonder how often he resorts to blackmail.

Good thing former FBI Director Comey anticipated the threat against him and made contemporaneous written notes of his conversations with Trump.

Trump's twitter words, that Comey better "hope" there were no "tapes" of their conversations served Trump by suggesting that Trump (the serial liar) had nothing to hide and that anything derogatory that Comey might say about their meetings would be lies. Now the people and their elected representatives want those tapes, but Trump will not clarify whether they exist or not--only tweeted that HE (personally) did not have any tapes and was unaware (allegedly) of any tapes. He still suggests that someone else in his administration might have tapes. See House Committee Threatens to Subpoena President Trump Over James Comey Tapes--article at this link:

http://time.com/4840352/house-intelligence-committee-president-donald-trump-james-comey-tapes-subpoena/

Upon responding to the House Intelligence Committee's written request to the White House to produce the tapes, the White House responded to the request by referring the Committee to Trump's tweet. Because his tweet does not clarify the matter, the Committee must now decide how to deal with this deceptive president.

I don't think Trump's alleged blackmail attempts on Mika and Joe (MSNBC) has endeared him very much to Congress.

It appears that our country has lost the respect of the entire world because that man sits in the White House. Our allies are moving forward without us and our standing has been greatly diminished.

layman

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:58 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
It appears that our country has lost the respect of the entire world because that man sits in the White House. Our allies are moving forward without us and our standing has been greatly diminished.

All nations respect power.

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 11:58 am
Trunk the Skunk has a new idea:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/trump-obamacare-repeal-replace-tweet-240132

clip:
Trump further disrupts Obamacare repeal efforts

His tweet that Senate Republicans should repeal the law without a replacement could upend already-faltering negotiations.

By Burgess Everett , Louis Nelson and Adam Cancryn
06/30/2017 07:26 AM EDT
Updated 06/30/2017 12:26 PM EDT

Just three days after running a widely praised meeting among GOP senators devoted to repealing Obamacare, President Donald Trump threw Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's already ailing bill into further chaos Friday.
end/clip
see link for the rest
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Even though this is what I hear when I read his name I bet it's not how he says it.

0 Replies