monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 08:23 am
@Olivier5,
I agree with you about his lack of heart, but his limited vocabulary and the repetitive nature of his posts suggest there's not much going on upstairs.
Olivier5

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 08:32 am
@izzythepush,
I don't think so. The guy's an asshole but he's not an idiot.
gungasnake

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:05 am
http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c11a96b4ad082fe88aa0db04305/Article_2017-06-26-US-Supreme-Court-Travel-Ban/id-a4aaa83cbfb04753998bf4e3f9cce362
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:05 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You should know better than try that with me. I don't have that power and neither do you.

It's not a matter of power really. It's just that when the you deny the facts of Israel's past peace offers, you create a moral situation where it is OK for Israel to take whatever they want by force.

Olivier5 wrote:
What the Israelis do is their entire responsibility.

And thanks to you, Israel has moral justification for everything they do.

Olivier5 wrote:
The truth is that most Israelis are satisfied with the status quo. They don't need to annex anything which they already control... They have what they want, and they don't care much that they do so at the expense of other people being deprived of what they want.

Creating a defined border will cement Israeli control over whatever land is on the Israeli side of that border. It is a worthwhile goal.

Olivier5 wrote:
According to the hasbara, the Palestinians do not even exist, so why would any Israeli care for what happens to people who are not supposed to exist?

I'm not suggesting that anyone cares about the Palestinians.
Olivier5

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:06 am
Adding hatred to hatred, and adding lies to lies, are not helpful. Listen to your hero Putin on this issue.
oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:08 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Oral's problem is not a lack of brain, it's his lack of heart.

My heart is fine. I just refuse to disregard facts and refuse to side with evil.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:11 am

US Supreme Court: Trump Travel Ban May Take Effect Immediately

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-allows-limited-version-of-trumps-travel-ban-to-take-effect-will-consider-case-in-fall/2017/06/26/97afa314-573e-11e7-b38e-35fd8e0c288f_story.html
Quote:
The court made an important exception: it said the ban "may not be enforced against foreign nationals who have a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States."
Olivier5

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:11 am
@oralloy,
Don't blame me for your lack of heart, now.
oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The guy's an asshole

If you wouldn't side with evil, I wouldn't have to oppose you.
oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
his limited vocabulary

Lying about me only makes you a liar.

izzythepush wrote:
suggest there's not much going on upstairs.

My IQ is a trillion times higher than yours.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:17 am
@oralloy,

Nice try, cheese-eaters.

Quote:
In a victory for the Trump administration, the Supreme Court on Monday lifted key components of an injunction against the White House’s proposed ban on travel from six majority-Muslim nations, reinstating much of the policy and promising to hear full arguments in October.

Trump has been spoiling for the Supreme Court to take up the case and the president has been eager to get it out of the hands of what he sees as more liberal appellate judges.

“The Government has made a strong showing that it is likely to succeed on the merits – that is, that the judgments below will be reversed,” an opinion on the ban filed by Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch said. “The Government has also established that failure to stay the injunctions will cause irreparable harm by interfering with its ‘compelling need to provide for the Nation’s security.’”
oralloy

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:18 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Adding hatred to hatred, and adding lies to lies, are not helpful. Listen to your hero Putin on this issue.

He didn't lie. Israel offered the Palestinians a fair peace deal, and they offered it over and over and over again.

The Palestinians and their demented supporters simply have no interest in a fair peace deal.
Olivier5

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:21 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Israel offered the Palestinians a fair peace deal, and they offered it over and over and over again.

No, they did not.
izzythepush

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:35 am
@oralloy,
That's the limited vocabulary and the repetitive nature of your posts I was talking about.

gungasnake

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:36 am
@Olivier5,
Anything Putin has ever had to say about palisavages is lip service for the benefit of muslim groups within or close to Russia. He has zero interest in palisavages or "Palestine(TM)".
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 09:36 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed Monday to let President Trump's immigration travel ban go into effect for some travelers only, blocking the actions of lower federal courts that had put the controversial policy completely on hold.

The justices' action gives Trump a partial victory following a string of defeats from coast to coast. Some courts struck down the travel ban as a form of religious discrimination against Muslims. Others said it showed bias based on nationality and exceeded the president's authority without a firm national security justification.

It represents a setback for immigration rights and civil liberties groups that had bottled up two executive orders through legal action, exacerbating the president's battles with federal courts that began during the election campaign.

The action isn't expected to set off the kind of chaos seen around the world when Trump signed the first travel ban into effect on Jan. 27. That's partly because travelers with a "credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States" will be allowed in.

The original travel ban, which went into effect immediately, barred all travelers from seven countries from entering the U.S. even if they had green cards, valid visas or refugee status. It led to at least 746 people temporarily detained at U.S. airports, some being deported back to their home countries, and untold numbers of others prevented from boarding their flights at airports overseas.

The revised travel ban, with the court's limitations, can go into effect this week, based on a memorandum recently signed by the president. It allows travelers with green cards and visas to continue entering the U.S., but still forbids all refugees. That means some refugees may get stuck, but nowhere near the number of people ensnared by the first ban.

The revised travel ban, issued in March, blocks most new immigrants from six predominantly Muslim countries for 90 days and all refugees for 120 days. As a result of the high court's action, the ban can be implemented along with a long-delayed review of vetting procedures used to screen foreigners trying to enter the United States.

The rest at USA Today

Well, considering what we started with, not so bad. I predict it will have little noticeable difference in deterring terrorist from entering the country. But it will make certain people feel good and give bragging rights to Trumpist.