monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:01 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Well Bag, when you're right, you're right...it won't last forever...just til 2024 when the next republican takes the office.

When election 2032 rolls around, the liberals here are all going to be telling me "Yes, your prediction of 20 years of Republican rule has been right for the past 16 years, but it's going to be wrong this time."

(My prediction will be right in 2032 as well.)
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:06 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It sounds like President Trump has a point when he says that Western Europe is not worth defending.

True that. They are, however, worth attacking, eh?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:21 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
Anyone bother to watch this documentary?

I listened to it back when it was on, but the TV was in the next room so I didn't see the screen.

I used to be set up so I had a small TV next to the computer. Then I moved the small TV to my bedroom. Maybe I need two small TVs.
layman

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:22 pm
The cheese-eaters' wack-ass conspiracy theories about Trump being a secret russian agent have now been completely debunked (as if that was ever necessary). It's over. Finished. Fuckin dead.

No surprise that they aint showin their sorry face much around these here parts no more, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:25 pm
@oralloy,
Hmmm, I guess I don't understand all this new-fangled technology, eh? Don't you have a monitor with your computer? All I do is click on the "play" button, and I see it automatically on my monitor. No "TV" screens required.

Some of the visuals do enhance the presentation, I think, but they're not required.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying now. You mean when it first came on.
layman

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 06:35 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Some of the visuals do enhance the presentation, I think, but they're not required.

Some of the pictures of O'Bannon during various stages of his life, for example. It seems he was a "hippy" type in college who was elected by a landslide to be the student president when he ran a surprise "outsider" campaign. He was a good-looking guy, without all the curmudgeony wrinkles, and ****, back when he was in the Navy, actually.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The fact that "an official exercising discretion over whether or not to pursue a case" is not "obstruction of justice" means that there is very much a basis for saying that there has been no obstruction of justice.

Article 1 of the Impeachment of Richard Nixon:
Article 1

RESOLVED, That Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanours, and that the following articles of impeachment to be exhibited to the Senate:

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT EXHIBITED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN THE NAME OF ITSELF AND OF ALL OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AGAINST RICHARD M. NIXON, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, IN MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OF ITS IMPEACHMENT AGAINST HIM FOR HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANOURS.

ARTICLE 1

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his consitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, in that:

On June 17, 1972, and prior thereto, agents of the Committee for the Re-election of the President committed unlawful entry of the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee in Washington, District of Columbia, for the purpose of securing political intelligence. Subsequent thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities.

The means used to implement this course of conduct or plan included one or more of the following:

making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

interfering or endeavouring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, and Congressional Committees;
Adopted 27-11 by the House Judiciary Committee. Nixon resigned before the House could vote on it.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
In other words, he wants everyone to ignore the fact that Trump has committed no crime and just convict him anyway.

Whether it is a crime is not relevant at this time. The House has already ruled that interfering with an investigation is impeachable.

blatham

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I would be very surprised if the polling of Canadians didn't match polling in every western nation re Obama, and he was a terrible president.
The citizens of the world acknowledge your robust certainty.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Whether it's Blatham faking intellectualism or Debra faking legal knowledge, liberals quickly run out of room and resort to desperate distractions if they are confronted with someone who actually understands the subject that they are faking.

I think blatham can probably be considered an intellectual (whatever the hell that means) and Debra Law does have legal knowledge.

The important point though is that neither of these things means they are correct about the any of the issues discussed in this forum. Being an intellectual or having legal knowledge doesn't make anyone correct about anything.
layman

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:54 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Whether it is a crime is not relevant at this time. The House has already ruled that interfering with an investigation is impeachable.

Trump hasn't been accused of doing any of that ****, not in good faith, anyway.

That aside, the house doesn't make "rules" about such things, it votes, that's all.

Take your lame-ass interpretations to the House, eh?

They haven't voted to impeach Trump over this, and they never will, but, good luck, cheese-eater.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:55 pm
@blatham,
I doubt it, but of course that doesn't make me wrong.
blatham

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 07:58 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Swampy stuff.

Could be a lot of oil in this particular swamp. I'll write Rex Tillerson and see what he has to say about it.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 11 Jun, 2017 08:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but of course that doesn't make me wrong.
No, it does not.

Here's an anecdote to tickle you. I wrote an essay while at university on the question of knowledge versus certainty. My prof was a good guy and very bright (draft dodger, as it happened). His comment on my essay was, "Beautifully written. Truly so. But completely without substance."