monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

I just read this. The cheese-eaters are going to go wild! Nothing there to suggest any wrong-doing by Trump, and several things which put him in a good light. For example:

Quote:
January 6 Briefing

I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances...

During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on President Elect Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance.

February 14 Oval Office Meeting

I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign.

March 30 Phone Call

He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country....He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him....

The President went on to say that if there were some “satellite” associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him.

He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.”
revelette1

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:28 pm
@layman,
Nuances just go way over your head, do they not?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:33 pm
@revelette1,
And what nuances are there?

The ones that allow you to interpret what someone says to fit your partisanship?
camlok

@revelette1,
layman, on a jury.

layman: Repub or Dem?
suspect: Dem.
layman: Guilty!
2nd suspect: Repub.
layman: Innocent!
0 Replies

layman

@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Nuances just go way over your head, do they not?

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, right, eh?
camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The ones that allow you to interpret what someone says to fit your partisanship?

Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:36 pm
@layman,
"Nuance"

One of the most favorite words of liberals.

It is always expressed in supercilious terms of you don't appreciate the nuance but they do.
snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
By my reading, The Barbary pirates or Corsairs, were eliminated as a threat in 1830 during the French conquest of Algiers. Long before Samuel Clemens' time. (As if Clemens would have been a hater of Muslims in the first place) You should have read the wiki link you posted.

Quote:
Samuel Clemens, who died in 1910, long before we were in any active conflict with Muslims, "ya know"?

You were implying that we had no conflict with Muslims until after Clemens had died. The First and Second Barbary wars refute this, we have had conflicts with Muslims since our nation was founded.

God, it's like talking into a swirling drain. I was responding to Layman's FALSE SPURIOUS DISINGENUOUS implication that Mark Twain would have approved of the Muslim hatred. Unless one of you heros can show where:
1) we were involved in an active conflict with Muslims during Clemens' adult years (about 1853-1910), AND
2) Clemens had, or would have had any interest WHATSOEVER in spouting anti-Muslim propaganda related to those conflicts,
Then kindly take your red herrings, strawmen and non sequiturs and STFU.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:41 pm
@snood,
Layman's post was a joke.

You've lost your sense of humor.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:42 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I was responding to Layman's FALSE SPURIOUS DISINGENUOUS implication that Mark Twain would have approved of the Muslim hatred.

I would never have guessed that a simple joke involving Twain would generate so much SERIOUS debate, eh?
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are speaking to the guy you stated you didn't want to engage with, Finn.

Not that you haven't raised a good point, even if you are being stunningly hypocritical at the same time. There is so much more to politics than this black/white dichotomy you have allowed yourselves to be drawn into, you the "government of the people" people.

And you never contemplate just how badly you are being played. In fact, you relish being played to the point of accepting evil on the most giant of scales.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Layman's post was a joke.

You've lost your sense of humor.

That's a favorite dodge of you conservatives. Get caught in a blatant misrepresentation and then swear it was always meant as a joke. If it was always meant as a joke, the ever so fast-on-the-draw layman would not have missed an opportunity to point out that I stupidly had let it fly over my head. He didn't - because it wasn't. Damn Finn, can't you at least have the grace to cover up just your own lies
gungasnake

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:47 pm
@hightor,
When I speak of the demopoop party I'm talking about TODAY'S demopoop party. FDR and JFK would be Republicans in today's world.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:48 pm
@snood,
And right on cue, Layman follows his stalwart leader and claims it was a joke.
Okay, boys, you convinced me. You're not liars. Just bores.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:49 pm
By the way boys, you better let Baldimo in on the joke. He's jumping through hoops to prove layman's spurious "point".
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:51 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
If it was always meant as a joke, the ever so fast-on-the-draw layman would not have missed an opportunity to point out that I stupidly had let it fly over my head. He didn't - because it wasn't. Damn Finn, can't you at least have the grace to cover up just your own lies

Heh, scroll up, eh, cheese-eater.

Only a complete dimwit would NEED to be told it was joke, ya know? I should have known there are some such here, I guess, but I still wouldn't normally bother to "inform" them of what they would refuse (as you do) to believe anyway.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 01:59 pm
@snood,
Quote:
...Mark Twain would have approved of the Muslim hatred.

Indeed. By the time he was through, Twain pretty much hated everybody, and everything.

Your own pedantic "correction" of his quote tells ya that.

Well, maybe not, actually. Muslim jihadists are sub-humans who could not properly be called "men," I guess.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

@snood,
It was obviously a joke.

Stop being a fool.
0 Replies

camlok

@layman,
It wasn't a joke, layman. Your other comments describing how these people should be killed/"capped"/bombed, you constantly reveling in those ideas, illustrates your seriousness.

It was a joke like one made by a Nazi death camp guard, completely happy with his job, just before his daily press of the button to drop the poison.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:00 pm
@snood,
Quote:
God, it's like talking into a swirling drain. I was responding to Layman's FALSE SPURIOUS DISINGENUOUS implication that Mark Twain would have approved of the Muslim hatred.

So you admit that we had conflicts with Muslims prior to the time of Mark Twain because from your own words and the ones I bolded, you made it sound like our conflicts with Muslims was a current modern day thing.

Quote:
1) we were involved in an active conflict with Muslims during Clemens' adult years (about 1853-1910), AND
2) Clemens had, or would have had any interest WHATSOEVER in spouting anti-Muslim propaganda related to those conflicts,

1) We weren't involved in any conflict with Muslims during that time period that I can find.
2) Unless you can find some writings, I'm pretty sure he didn't have much to say about Muslims.
Quote:
Then kindly take your red herrings, strawmen and non sequiturs and STFU.

I used none of the above. I just corrected your take on history that we had no conflicts with Muslims before the time of Mark Twain. Here, I'll repost your comment and you can tell me where I misconstrued what you were saying.

We can stop circling the drain when you admit we had conflict with Muslims from the start of our nations history. You also tried to claim that it was in the 1830's when the Barbary pirates were defeated during some French engagement, you are very very wrong about that portion of history and both the links I provided for each the First and Secondary Barbary wars showed when the conflict happened. Do you deny Muslims took white slaves during those times and the US was paying "protection money" prior to the wars?