monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:14 am
@maporsche,
Can you point to a falsehood? Pretty sure it's all factual.
Lash

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
I do largely share your opinion of Fox, but I'm MUCH more concerned about the collusion between journalists, what seems to be exclusively Democrat politicians, and some unelected back room power that has tentacles to our military industrial complex.

We need news organizations that aren't beholden to that group, even though they may be beholden to another.

Things smell like ripe **** in the state of Denmark.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:26 am
@Lash,
You must live in Putinia... In America, if the "MSM" messes with your hairdo, you just stop watching or reading them, period. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch CNN. It's a free country. If the NYT, the WaPo and CNN are making good business, it is because there is a market for the kind of information they offer, and the market knows best.
Olivier5

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:29 am
@Olivier5,
By the way, I never watched CNN more than a few minutes in my life, because I hate their angle, but I have spent endless hours reading the NYT. To me the latter is a serious, respectable and thought provoking media (biased as they are on the issue of dems vs. repubs) while the former is just a money making machine.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:30 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

In America, if the "MSM" messes with your hairdo, you just stop watching or reading them, period. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch CNN. It's a free country. If the NYT, the WaPo and CNN are making good business, it is because there is a market for the kind of information they offer, and the market knows best.

Holy cow! What's the date? May 25, 2017?! Olivier finally made sense today.

"...you just stop watching or reading them, period. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch..."

If more people would just figure this little thing out instead of getting all butt-hurt and offended by something they're not forced to endure.
maporsche

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:50 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Can you point to a falsehood? Pretty sure it's all factual.

I said it was disingenuous. It's also a very strong mis-characterization.
layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:01 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
A secret document that officials say played a key role in then-FBI Director James B. Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation has long been viewed within the FBI as unreliable and possibly a fake, according to people familiar with its contents.

...then-Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch had privately assured someone in the Clinton campaign that the email investigation would not push too deeply into the matter.

Current and former officials have said that Comey relied on the document in making his July decision to announce on his own, without Justice Department involvement, that the investigation was over.

"Possibly a fake," eh? What aint? Comey relied on it, they say. Of course he also "relied on" the bogus "dossier" when seeking a FISA warrant to tap Trump's phone. What's that say about the validity of his "investigations?"

That said, anyone who thinks that Lynch did nothing to assure Clinton that the investigation would be dropped is pretty naive.

Comey is a Clinton pawn. He personally "dropped" the investigation because he knew that Lynch's involvement might later be questioned, and he wanted to insure that Hillary never faced charges. He personally covered for Lynch by falsely saying "no attorney" would prosecute the case. That way, Lynch doesn't have to say it. He simply acted like HE was the justice dept., grossly over-stepping his authority. What a joke.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:19 am
@Olivier5,
I don't want a war-mongering Wall-Street worshipping version of Pravda influencing Americans.

It's Putinia I'm trying to avoid.
giujohn

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I did not know that. Has he returned under another name?

I'm not aware of what his sock puppet is but I haven't seen any of his vacuous anti-cop posts since he left.
Olivier5

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:22 am
@McGentrix,
You mean, you finally understood something I said? Congrats.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:24 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It's a play on words John. He's calling them "libtards" because they are going against what he sees as some vast right winged conspiracy at FoxNews. It says "Fair and Balanced" right in their slogan but people like Izzy are too busy with their fingers in their ears going "nyah! nyah! nyah!" and throwing feces on everything to ever see that.

If I had to guess I'd say his fingers spend more time in his nose...except for his thumbs...those are up his ass.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:25 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I don't want a war-mongering Wall-Street worshipping version of Pravda influencing Americans.

Then you should pray for FAUX' demise.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:26 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Some asses are a delight to lick, I'll grant you that, but if you really feel that excited about the idea of beating up journalists, do move to Russia. That's where you belong right now. Cause the US press is beating YOU and your fake president to pulp, not vice versa.

LOL...nice true confession there Froggy...so I guess we know who the real ass licker is then, huh?
Olivier5

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:31 am
@giujohn,
Sure, I can lick a tight fresh pussy any day if it's willing, but I doubt your handler Putin has one of those. You'd know better what his genitals look like.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:36 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I'm not aware of what his sock puppet is but I haven't seen any of his vacuous anti-cop posts since he left.

He's been around, and admitted it was him, but I didn't pay any attention to his new handle.

Among other things, the tRump **** gives him away immediately.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 09:49 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Layman says "According to a witness", then proceeds to quote the official statement of the Gianforte campaign.

Are you trying to claim that this guy was NOT a witness?

I have seen nothing said by Fox News Reporters which contradicts anything said here, as you also claim.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 25 May, 2017 10:28 am
Sessions Was Advised Not to Disclose Russia Meetings on Security Forms / NYT
layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 10:39 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed to disclose meetings with Russian officials when he applied for security clearance because he was told not to do so by advisers and the F.B.I., a Justice Department spokesman said Wednesday.

{Sessions was asked on] an official government form to note any contact he or family members had with foreign governments or their representatives over the past seven years.

“As a United States senator, the attorney general met hundreds — if not thousands — of foreign dignitaries and their staff,” Ian Prior, a spokesman for the Justice Department, said in a statement. “The attorney general’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the F.B.I. investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities.”

Nothing to see here. Nobody would expect thousands of names of foreginers that Sessions talked to in the process of fulfilling his duties as a senator to be individually listed on a boilerplate questionnaire like this. Even the FBI investigator handling the background check told him not to.

Oh, wait, I forgot..some slanderous cheese-eating drama queen would:

Quote:
Democratic lawmakers demanded Mr. Sessions’s resignation on Wednesday. “He’s lied under oath,” Senator Kamala Harris, Democrat of California, wrote on Twitter. “He’s misled on security clearance forms. It’s simple — he should not be the Attorney General.”

See the slant here?: " Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed to disclose meetings with Russian officials..."

Why does this rag only mention RUSSIAN officials, ya figure? There were thousands, from all parts of the world, that were not, for good reason, listed.

Why didn't they only say, for example: " Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed to disclose meetings with French officials..."?

Hmmm?
0 Replies

layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 11:15 am
Quote:
Paul Ryan calls on Gianforte to apologize

"There's never a call for physical altercations," Ryan told reporters during his weekly press conference. "That is wrong and it should not have happened."

"I think he should apologize," Ryan added.

Kinda strange that when rioters beat people and destroy property "in support" of them, no democratic leader ever publicly announces their disapproval, eh?
0 Replies