monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 May, 2017 12:48 pm
In January 2016 Trump said on FOX:
"You go to Brussels, I was in Brussels a long time ago, twenty years ago, so beautiful, and everything was so beautiful. It's like living in a hell hole right now."

And today (pictures taken just a couple of minutes ago @ la marche "Trump not welcome" via rtfb)

http://i.imgur.com/Hd6okuC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xmsDwb7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5gYKsso.jpg
layman

Wed 24 May, 2017 12:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I would be quite disappointed if Trump didn't insult at least "some" of the Eurotrash.

What you don't mention is that he tweeted that a long time ago, and his reason for reaching that conclusion was "because of its immigration and refugee policies."
InfraBlue

Wed 24 May, 2017 12:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Replace "reported based on unconfirmed sources" for "revealed" and you will be accurate.

It's a stretch to equate Trump wanting people to announce in public that he is not under investigation or that there is no evidence of collusion with efforts to impede any investigation.

Your opinion is duly noted. However, these directives are further indications of gross impropriety by President Trump, and may be seen as efforts to influence or impede an investigation.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
An assumption is being made that any such requests involved him asking these officials to lie when there is no evidence of this.

Sure, assumptions can be made from these allegations. One thing that is not an assumption about this report is that Trump directly instructed these officials to make statements to the public that they felt were inappropriate. These instuctions raise the obvious question as to why he would instruct these officials to make these public announcements. This leads to the assumption that you've brought up.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I you or I were under a highly publicized investigation that impacted our daily lives and were innocent, we probably would love for authorities to announce that there was no evidence of our guilt, and, I for one, would have no hesitation to ask them to make such an announcement. It certainly wouldn't be an attempt on my part to stop the investigation, but to stop harmful fallout from the publicity.

Ok. Conversely, however, if you were were under a highly publicized investigation that impacted your daily life and were a guilty weasle, you'd probably love for authorities to announce that there was no evidence of your guilt, and you would have no hesitation to ask them to make such an announcement, surely.

Quote:
It may be inappropriate for the president to make such requests of officials, but it's not tantamount to trying to quash the investigation.

Ok. It it could be seen as an attempt to interfere with or impede the investigation, however.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
When there is actual, confirmed evidence the Trump ordered anyone to stop an investigation or actually threatened them if they didn't, you'll have something in which to sink your fangs. Until then this is all speculation, exaggeration, and innuendo intended to bleed Trump out through a thousand cuts.

Oh, there's a lot to sink my cuspids into already, seeing as how Trump is like an infant who's been given a razor blade to play with inflicting upon himself a thousand cuts.
layman

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
Heh, according to the cheese-eaters, Trump was attempting to cover up a "crime" for which they don't have a shred of evidence to suggest was ever committed. In fact, this "proves" that their calculated slander is "true," eh?

Just like a defense attorney who demands that his client be released because there was absolutely no known basis for detaining him would "prove" the client was guilty, eh?

Nice try, cheese-eater.
InfraBlue

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:04 pm
@layman,
M'kay.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:10 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
What you don't mention is that he tweeted that a long time ago,
I neither referred to a tweet nor did I neglect the date
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In January 2016 Trump said on FOX:
"You go to Brussels, I was in Brussels a long time ago, twenty years ago, so beautiful, and everything was so beautiful. It's like living in a hell hole right now."
layman

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

And today (pictures taken just a couple of minutes ago @ la marche "Trump not welcome" via rtfb)

I notice that you didn't want to cite actual headlines such as this, eh, Walt?

Quote:
Trump gets festive welcome in Brussels

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/24/trump-gets-festive-welcome-brussels-city-he-once-called-hellhole/102094374/

I wonder why not?
layman

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I neither referred to a tweet nor did I neglect the date

Yeah, you're right. Sorry I didn't read that more closely. I got distracted by all the pictures you posted.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:14 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
I notice that you didn't want to cite actual headlines such as this, eh, Walt?
Well, I didn't know that USATODAY is a Belgian media. I only watch the Belgian tv live and got the pics from there.
But thanks for the update!
McGentrix

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I only watch the Belgian tv live and got the pics from there.
But thanks for the update!

That's all you watch? You've said previously that you've used other media sources.

Which is it Walter?
oralloy

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:18 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Simple desperation on the part of Finn and others, I have been trying to ignore it.

I can only speak for myself, but I see no cause for desperation over such obviously untrue charges as this witch hunt against Trump.

If I had to describe my mindset I'd say I am livid. When I say we should try to outlaw the Democratic Party in America, I really do mean that as a serious proposal. Let's get rid of these scum once and for all.
maporsche

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:21 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If I had to describe my mindset I'd say I am livid. When I say we should try to outlaw the Democratic Party in America, I really do mean that as a serious proposal. Let's get rid of these scum once and for all.

I've always taken you as someone who hates the freedom that Americans enjoy.
oralloy

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:24 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
oralloy wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Do you agree with Michael Flynn that those who ask for immunity are likely guilty of a crime.

No. Especially given the fact that the Democrats are trying to frame innocent people for crimes they didn't commit.

Do you think republicans in the last say....10 years, may be guilty of trying to do the same thing?

No. I know of no Republican attempts to frame innocent people on untrue charges.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:27 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Why did Trumps justice department actually appoint a special prosecutor?

They were too weak to stand up to the witch hunt.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
That's all you watch? You've said previously that you've used other media sources.

Which is it Walter?
I just liked it today to watch news about Trump's in Belgium on Belgian tv channels.
But I will certainly keep you informed when I switch to a different station or get my tv-signals from a different sattelte.
Do you want my viewing, reading and listening protocol as pdf-data or as a word document?
oralloy

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:29 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
I already made a post suggesting the the democrats had "fucked up" by demanding a special prosecutor.

The Democrats are hoping to ruin people's lives with criminal charges. The special prosecutor is in furtherance of those goals.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:30 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

That's silly. I am one of the people who struggle to defend our freedom.

The Democrats are the ones who hate our freedom.
McGentrix

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
pdf is more universal, thank you.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:42 pm
@McGentrix,
PDF, roger. Please post your verified TBS/SCT 330-60e and you'll get it on a daily basis.
maporsche

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:46 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maporsche wrote:

That's silly. I am one of the people who struggle to defend our freedom.

The Democrats are the ones who hate our freedom.

I'm a democrat. You aren't defending my freedom.