monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Tue 23 May, 2017 01:12 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
They don't all seem to HATE Trump as the MSN does.
Well, Haaretz is a left-leaning paper. That does make a difference, isn't it?
layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 01:15 pm
Go figure, eh? Susan Rice, the Fusion Group, the British perv, Steele, and a host of others connected to the democrats REFUSE to testify under oath, but Carter Page wants to.

Quote:
Ex-Trump adviser Page rips Obama-era 'surveillance,' wants to testify in public

Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page has asked House lawmakers to let him testify in an open session to offer his side in the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 race – maintaining his innocence and blasting the Obama administration for putting him under “illegitimate” surveillance.

Page, a peripheral figure in the Trump campaign, added that he understands his testimony "might be held behind closed doors" but requests "that some form of live public access may be allowed."

In bolded text, Page emphasized, "I have never done anything wrong in Russia or with any Russian person" and that he "looks forward to the release of the contents of my illegitimate FISA warrant."
0 Replies

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 01:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, Haaretz is a left-leaning paper. That does make a difference, isn't it?

Well, yeah, that's shows too. Who else would speculate that his "determined discipline" was "possibly the result of a lack of confidence," and characterize him as "reckless?"

The main "difference" it makes here is how remarkable it is for any "left-leaning" rag to suggest that Trump might have done anything positive EVER.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 23 May, 2017 02:41 pm
Trump is good at selling used bad cars to gullible people, witness the fact we have him for president. The other shoe will drop soon enough. All us haters of Trump has got to do is wait for it.
ehBeth

Tue 23 May, 2017 03:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
great piece of humor

they missed the bit about 45 telling Israelis that he had recently been in the Middle East Laughing
layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 04:38 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Trump is good at selling used bad cars to gullible people, witness the fact we have him for president. The other shoe will drop soon enough. All us haters of Trump has got to do is wait for it.

Fraid not. That "shoe" will be on Trump's foot as he kicks hisself a shitload of cheese-eater ass, that's all.

Wait for that, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 05:02 pm
Another lawyer confirms what Alan Dershowitz, the Harvard Law Professor, done said, eh?

Quote:
Gregg Jarrett: What is Robert Mueller investigating (since collusion is not a crime)?

Robert Mueller is tasked with finding a crime that does not exist in the law. It is a legal impossibility.

Colluding with Russia is not, under America’s criminal codes, a crime. It’s just not there.

Perhaps someday Congress will pass a law criminalizing such conduct in political campaigns. But for now, there is not a single statute outlawing collaboration with a foreign government in a U.S. presidential election. Or any election, for that matter.

Under the law granting him legal authority (28 CFR 600), a special counsel is charged with investigating crimes. Only crimes. Nothing else. He has limited jurisdiction. Any other wrongdoing uncovered in the investigation which does not rise to the level of a criminal offense cannot even be made public by the special counsel. That is the law.

=====

Any Related Matters:

Mueller’s probe will inevitably morph into an investigation of President Trump’s meeting with James Comey and his subsequent firing of the FBI Director.

If the president told Comey he hopes former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn can be cleared because “he’s a good guy,” it is not enough to sustain an obstruction charge. Hoping or wishing for an outcome is not the same as influencing, obstructing or impeding. Nor is firing the FBI Director. As Comey himself admitted, the president has the constitutional authority to fire him for any reason or no reason at all.

Furthermore, the term “corruptly” is specifically defined under18 USC 1515(b) as “acting with an improper purpose, including making a false or misleading statement, or withholding, concealing, altering, or destroying a document or other information.” The president’s actions do not come close to satisfying the requirements of acting corruptly.

And Jarret doesn't even mention, as the NYT piece I posted recently does, that that the U.S. Supreme Court has said that "obstruction of justice" is NOT a crime that can be committed with respect to an FBI investigation, because that is not an "official proceeding."

Absence some strong proof of "corrupton" (as defined by law, not cheese-eaters), Trump has every right to ORDER Comey to drop the russian investigation. He didn't even do that, though.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 05:17 pm
@layman,
Other than downvoting it to the depths of hell, I wonder if any cheese-eater has a comment on that post, eh?

Anybody?.....Anybody?...Anybody at all?....Bueller?

My comment: I might say the "jig is up," but that would be wrong. There never was no damn "jig" from the get-go.
layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 05:36 pm
@layman,
One other comment:

Anybody who thinks a republican congress is gunna "impeach" Trump (which requires the commission of "high crimes") for doin something that aint even illegal is straight-up wack.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 06:41 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Anybody who thinks a republican congress is gunna "impeach" Trump (which requires the commission of "high crimes") for doin something that aint even illegal is straight-up wack.

We all know that the MSN, and the cheese-eaters they cater to, are imbued with delusions of grandeur so extreme that they think they have the power to "convert" scores of republican congressmen to their false and distorted viewpoints if they just attack Trump incessantly, but....Like I done said, they're just plumb wack.

They think they're "winning supporters" when they're losing them left and right. Mental illness is hard to explain.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 07:02 pm
Tribalistic "identity politics" in it's fully glory, eh? I'm sure these demands have the enthusiastic support of every cheese-eater on the planet:

Quote:
U Chicago Students Demand Race-Specific Housing

A student group at the University of Chicago has published a list of almost 50 demands, including the creation of six separate racially-themed academic departments and race-specific student housing.

The coalition of student groups called “UChicago United” has urged the university to create a “Race and Ethnic Studies Department,” a “Black Studies Academic Department,” an “African Studies Department,” a “Caribbean Studies Department,” an “Asian American Studies Program,” in addition to a “Center for African and Caribbean Studies” and a “Latinx Affairs Office”.

The group notes that these new departments would exist independently, but should receive funding from the university, according to a list of demands aquired by Campus Reform.

The group also seeks to force the establishment of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House.”

The group proposes changing the school’s core curriculum by making “Diversity and Inclusion” a graduation requirement that would be “primarily focused on any US-centric structural oppression, such as race, gender, and sexuality.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/u-chicago-students-demand-race-specific-housing-and-requiring-diversity-and-inclusion-to-graduate/

I saved the best part of this article for separate quotation:

Quote:
Without a hint of irony, the student coalition urges to put “limits and/or restriction … on the funding allotted to student organizations that are accused and/or found guilty of discriminatory behavior.”

As a side note, don't you love the "and/or" formulation here? According to these fascists, the mere "accusation" should be sufficient to warrant punishment when they want to promote their selfish interests. Of course that's nothing new. It has long been an essential component of cheese-eater advocacy and strategy.
McGentrix

Tue 23 May, 2017 07:25 pm
@layman,
I thought segregation was a bad thing? Could you imagine if white people tried this ****?

Equality for all or equality for none...
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 23 May, 2017 08:04 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Tribalistic "identity politics" in it's fully glory, eh? I'm sure these demands have the enthusiastic support of every cheese-eater on the planet:

Quote:
U Chicago Students Demand Race-Specific Housing

A student group at the University of Chicago has published a list of almost 50 demands, including the creation of six separate racially-themed academic departments and race-specific student housing.

The coalition of student groups called “UChicago United” has urged the university to create a “Race and Ethnic Studies Department,” a “Black Studies Academic Department,” an “African Studies Department,” a “Caribbean Studies Department,” an “Asian American Studies Program,” in addition to a “Center for African and Caribbean Studies” and a “Latinx Affairs Office”.

The group notes that these new departments would exist independently, but should receive funding from the university, according to a list of demands aquired by Campus Reform.

The group also seeks to force the establishment of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House.”

The group proposes changing the school’s core curriculum by making “Diversity and Inclusion” a graduation requirement that would be “primarily focused on any US-centric structural oppression, such as race, gender, and sexuality.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/u-chicago-students-demand-race-specific-housing-and-requiring-diversity-and-inclusion-to-graduate/

I saved the best part of this article for separate quotation:

Quote:
Without a hint of irony, the student coalition urges to put “limits and/or restriction … on the funding allotted to student organizations that are accused and/or found guilty of discriminatory behavior.”

As a side note, don't you love the "and/or" formulation here? According to these fascists, the mere "accusation" should be sufficient to warrant punishment when they want to promote their selfish interests. Of course that's nothing new. It has long been an essential component of cheese-eater advocacy and strategy.

Racial polarization​ at its finest...like I always say...if you can't get past the color of your skin don't expect others too.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 11:02 pm
I'm aware that no cheese-eater would even consider watching this Michelle Malkin video (I would, whatever her politics, because she's HOT, but...). Others might though, and, who knows, maybe they will have a chance to help persuade some cheese-eater of the obvious facts she delivers.

0 Replies

layman

Tue 23 May, 2017 11:36 pm
This British reporter is being criminally investigated because she called for corrective action after the Manchester suicide bombing. Tons of cheese being consumed in England every hour, 24/7, eh?

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Wed 24 May, 2017 12:08 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
First, it's revealed that Trump directly expressed to Comey his hope that Comey would let the Flynn investigation go.

Really? What were the president's words?

InfraBlue wrote:
Now, there's the revelation that he instructed his director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and his director of the National Security Agency, Adm. Michael S. Rogers, to publicly deny the existence of evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Really? Where does this claim come from?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:13 am
@maporsche,
Far more of our government's budget is spent on social security and medicare/medicaid, than "propping up the economy" which disproportionately benefits lower income and aged Americans. That group should be taxed more?

BTW - If you want to means test these entitlement programs and eliminate what ever payouts go to the rich, I'm with you.

Far more of our government's budget is spent on defense than "propping up the economy" which benefits every American equally or are you going to argue that because rich Americans have more wealth to lose if the nation is obliterated in a nuclear attack, they benefit disproportionately?

Being wealthy is not being part of a criminal class which is the essential attitude of the Left.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:30 am
@InfraBlue,
Replace "reported based on unconfirmed sources" for "revealed" and you will be accurate.

It's a stretch to equate Trump wanting people to announce in public that he is not under investigation or that there is no evidence of collusion with efforts to impede any investigation. An assumption is being made that any such requests involved him asking these officials to lie when there is no evidence of this.

I you or I were under a highly publicized investigation that impacted our daily lives and were innocent, we probably would love for authorities to announce that there was no evidence of our guilt, and, I for one, would have no hesitation to ask them to make such an announcement. It certainly wouldn't be an attempt on my part to stop the investigation, but to stop harmful fallout from the publicity.

It may be inappropriate for the president to make such requests of officials, but it's not tantamount to trying to quash the investigation.

When there is actual, confirmed evidence the Trump ordered anyone to stop an investigation or actually threatened them if they didn't, you'll have something in which to sink your fangs. Until then this is all speculation, exaggeration, and innuendo intended to bleed Trump out through a thousand cuts.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm sure it's true but it's hardly a revelation.

You folks drop these bon mots in this thread as if they have some significance that need not be explained.

Coats, of course, didn't say "The Russians are colluding with European candidates and their campaign staffs to rig elections," and the White House hasn't said that Russia didn't make any effort to influence the 2016 election.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I you or I were under a highly publicized investigation that impacted our daily lives and were innocent, we probably would love for authorities to announce that there was no evidence of our guilt, and, I for one, would have no hesitation to ask them to make such an announcement.

That's a bit of a stretch. If one were under investigation one would ask on what grounds, asking them to drop the investigation is something else entirely.

Trump has lied about Comey having lost the faith of his staff, he lied about the reasons for sacking, only to blurt out the real reason later. If it's death by a thousand cuts then Trump is the one doing all the cutting.

He's a narcissistic gobshite who is not up to the job, and that gets clearer by the day to anyone who has eyes.