I mean, like, really....

RABEL222

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 01:57 pm
@layman,
Not the cops. The media who attack him. He has already attacked and threatened them. Dont you read or just listen to fox news?
layman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 02:19 pm
@RABEL222,
Trump "attacked" (defended himself against) the press? Yeah. Threatened them? With what? A lawsuit for libel? Yeah, so?

Where do the 4th and 5th amendments come in, that's what I'm wondering.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 03:31 pm
I haven't read Nietzche myself as, in my growing up process, admittedly quite odd, I got less and less interested in philosophy and what I think of as burblers going on about it, where as my dad, who died too fast in my life, was a philosophy major at Santa Clara. He had later experiences that might have changed his religion to no or deepened it, but we didn't get to talk about it.

I've a dear friend who is into Nietzche and his wife has a doctorate re his work. I just blink. I don't mind - by this I know friends as steady or crazypants and so far the Nietzche people seem sane.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 04:58 pm
@layman,
Would you mind telling me the reason you were given for your banning?
layman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Naw, Darlin, I wouldn't mind, but I aint sure I know. As I recall I got no explanation at all, but Robert seemed to be telling others that I was somehow upsetting people. They didn't seem to agree with some of my opinions about the shooting of that guy who was part of that inbred redneck Bundy gang that was terrorizing the whole nation with their occupation of some campground buildings owned by the feds. Very upsetting, no doubt.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:35 pm
@layman,
I highly doubt your banishment was re your opinions, as such.
layman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

What do you figure it was, Jo?

Robert was pissed off that I set the record. Read the thread in question and you'll notice extreme displeasure coming from the cheese-eaters toward anyone who didn't agree that the only thing the pigs did wrong was not execute more rednecks.

http://able2know.org/topic/309508-1
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:52 pm
@layman,
behavior

I've no idea, some posts re the terms of service. I might remember all that if I'd paid attention, and it is meant.

As you know, I like you and have long disagreed, which is no nevermind. The darlin' stuff got top heavy, send over a small boat with anchovies, but I don't take that as the cause.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:56 pm
Well, I guess that anyone who actually cares to know would need to ask the hamster what dunnit, eh, Jo?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:01 pm
Dennis Miller recently said something like this:

"These are dangerous times. The world is full of people with love in their hearts that want to see you dead if you don't have as much love as they do."

I've always found it a little ironic that those who scream the loudest demanding "tolerance" and "acceptance of diversity" are the one's who seem to be most intolerant and the quickest to condemn those who don't conform to their values. Go figure, eh?

Kinda like those "Hamilton" cheese-eaters who advertized for non-whites only during auditions, and had minorities playin the parts of Hamilton, Burr, etc. The only "white" in the play was King George, I'm told. I guess they told Pence, eh?

No doubt they hate corporations, capitalists, and rich people too, but that don't stop them from charging $1400 for a ticket to their cheesy play.
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 04:00 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Lash wrote:

As I recall I got no explanation at all, but Robert seemed to be telling others that I was somehow upsetting people.

For the record, upon reflection, I seem to recall sending a brief email asking what I had done to justify suspension.

Robert responded, but he gave no substantive reason, per se. He referenced the fact that I had a post where 35 people disagreed with me. The implication was that I wasn't popular, and that he felt he needed to accomodate all those cheese-eaters with whom my opinions were not popular.

I didn't try to argue with him. I think my only response was something like "Yeah, that's what I figured."

0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 04:57 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Ya know, until now, I hadn't even looked back on the post that got me banned. What I see now raises some questions, for example:

1. Where did all the down votes go? The post that got me banned had 35 downvotes, but now there are only three. http://able2know.org/topic/307729-80#post-6118468 Btw, a screenshot showing all the downvotes was taken at the time: http://able2know.org/topic/309508-2#post-6118847

2. Where did all the downvotes come from to begin with? This post occurred on about page 80 of a long-ass thread that had essentially been "played out" (it ultimately ended on about page 81, when I got banned). Very few posters were making comments, and some of those were only posting to condemn those who were posting for "not having a life."

As a poster (Gent) commented at the time: "You must really be hitting someone where it hurts to get that many thumbs down. There would have to be a concerted effort to get that to happen. -6 usually hits all the dummy accounts, but -31?! Damn son, you should frame that. "

Where did these 35 "participants" suddenly emerge from? Could there have been some behind-the-scenes "recruitment" here, ya think?

The "objectionable" post was, I think anyone would agree, quite reasonable and level-headed in tone, and merely made some valid, honest observations.

What's going on here? How do 35 "voters" suddenly appear, and then suddenly "disappear" (in the sense that all of their downvotes get wiped out)?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:26 am
@layman,
Quote:

Kinda like those "Hamilton" cheese-eaters who advertized for non-whites only during auditions,
The present Hamilton is a Hispanic and the show includes a number of black and white women who also play "founding fathers".
Its being enjoyed by cheese eaters and mac and cheese eaters alike.
Its an artistic event fully inclusive of what today's audiences are made of. Its definitely not a history lesson about which there will be a test later. There are many suspensions of historical fact, kinda like a McMurtry book of the west.

Im a particularly vocal opponent of the Broadway musical. I find them overacted, hyperbolic and full of lame music. However
,we enjoyed Hamilton immensely. The Hip hop mixed in with the incessant music was a creative way to make the score enjoyable.

Maybe you should start more with "1776" and "Bloody Andrew Jackson" as Broadway plays to understand the concept of "artistic license" and "Creative non-fiction"

Maybe der Donald will begin to require certain artistic standards among der Volk that will be more to your approval .
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:40 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im a particularly vocal opponent of the Broadway musical. I find them overacted, hyperbolic and full of lame music. However ,we enjoyed Hamilton immensely. ..

"We," Farmer? You and your wife? Or buddies? This suggests at least 2 people. Did you and your company pay $2800 to see a one-hour play belonging to a genre that you are "particularly vocal" in opposing?

Somehow, this all aint addin up so good, eh?
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Maybe you should start more with "1776" and "Bloody Andrew Jackson" as Broadway plays to understand the concept of "artistic license" and "Creative non-fiction"

"Creative non-fiction," eh? No oxymoron there of course.

But you've inspired me now! Imma git summa my KKK pals together and we will do a play about the Nat Turner rebellion which tells the REAL truth. We will advertise for "white trash only" when conducting auditions.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:02 am
@layman,
knock yourself out Lamont Or shall I call you Freeman (Gosden)

Try to enjoy your day and recall that the original domestic turkeys were brought FROM England.
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:05 am
@farmerman,
Hey, Farmer, I need to know about this Trump guy. What parts of the 4th and 5th amendments is he attacking, and how is he attacking them.

You're the only one I can ask, because you seem to be the only one who knows, eh?
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:10 am
@layman,
You should try commenting when the wimmings are talking in the henhouse. Holy cow, what a **** storm that was. Amazed I wasn't banned for that one.

Not quite as bad but the 'atheist' threads are almost as dangerous.
And of course introducing facts into a discussion on 'Standing Rock' is a definite no-no.

And don't even THINK about dis'n evolution!
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Or shall I call you Freeman (Gosden)

If you're trying to imply that I'm some white racist, try "Huck." That would be for Huck Finn, of course, who was, as the cheese-eaters have amply demonstrated, a total racist, just like his creator, Mark Twain.
layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:14 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

You should try commenting when the wimmings are talking in the henhouse. Holy cow, what a **** storm that was. Amazed I wasn't banned for that one.

I musta missed that one, Leddy. Got a link?