I mean, like, really....

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:37 am
@layman,
I dont feel like engaging any further about Hamilton. Im not going to change anyones opinion and Im all of a sudden going to become a target of derision. BUT , considering the source, Ill just ignore youre troll-like attempts and enjoy my weekend.

Going to say anything further about your opinions about Clem
ens "racism"?? or are you just going to cherry-pick quotes from the Indiana school board.

Im sorta used to school boards and PTA's wanting certain books to be
"BANNED" because they "insult American ideals" or are "Racist or
Ungodly".
My only admonition is that you read more broadly about your topics
about which you preach.

layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Going to say anything further about your opinions about Clemens "racism"??

What more is there to say? I've made it plenty obvious already. Obvious to anyone who understands the meaning and implications of what they read, anyway.

If they can't, repeating it won't help.

Awww, what the hell. I'll repeat the obvious, just for you, Farmer.

1. Only a cheese-eater would think Huck or Clemens was a racist.

2. I aint no cheese-eater.

Can you deduce anything about my personal opinion from that? Probably not.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:05 am
@layman,
ok so now you are saying that Clemens was Not a racist .Ok so you agree with me.
Have fun changing opinions mid-stream eh?
layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:06 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Changing opinions? Heh.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:13 am
To refresh your bad memory, Farmer, this whole Twain sidebar started out with me saying this:

"If you're trying to imply that I'm some white racist, try "Huck." That would be for Huck Finn, of course, who was, as the cheese-eaters have amply demonstrated, a total racist, just like his creator, Mark Twain."

Think about it.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 08:19 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I could understand why you tried/did this in ID discussions, it's complicated.

But here? I know your comprehension skills are better than that (assuming you applied them) so something weird must be going on here.
layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 09:43 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I know your comprehension skills are better than that (assuming you applied them) so something weird must be going on here.

I've had a lot of exchanges with Farmer, Leddy, and I have concluded that he often, maybe even virtually always, neglects to read the posts he responds to. He seems to scan them, looking only for some (often irrelevant) phrase or sentence that he thinks he can "refute" and then immediately barrels into some (irrelevant) "refutation."

About half the time he undertakes to "disprove" your point by making your very point himself, and then claiming he proved you "wrong" because you said otherwise. He doesn't seem to read for context, content, or understanding at all. He's more interested in polemics, however misguided.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:26 am
@layman,
No layman, it wasnt me, you seem to be more interested in playing with yourself rather than communicating clearly. Your initial post claimed that you somehow agreed with "cheese eaters" that Twin was a racist. You usually do spend time collecting quotes and then often try to misrepresent what they say.
In this case, your entire assumption was all full of **** because the "cheese eaters" came to Twains rescue when the school boards of many states (Schoolboards , Ive found, are often run by and populated with the close minded. Ive had lots of experience with "sub intelligent" school boards made up of community regulars when I was on the Pa ed advisory board for science curricula. Remember It wasnt the educated teachers(or even the SChool SUperintendents) who wanted to teach ID and Creationism or wanted to remove books like Huck Finn or Moby Dick, or Heart of Darkness. It was the school boards. ).
My own quote of Tina Fey (who would probably, in your mind be classified as a "cheese eater magna") was her own take on how she admired Twains courage in presenting his arguments AGAINST the erosion of civil rights for former slves during post Reconstruction America.

Maybe if youd spend more time in honest communication rather than attempts at Minstrel Show Repartee, Id maybe pay more attention to your stuff.Course thats just me.
Im actually a farmer so I speak from my own experience. Several other folks on A2K have remarked about your" minstrel show personna" which often hides tones of your own racism (like how you hate cops and how all your kids are in jail etc etc).
If youre only interested in verbal masturbation then your not worth any time on my clock.

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:27 am
@Leadfoot,
Now I guess Dobby the lap dog has an opinion too?

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:33 am
@farmerman,
" Your initial post claimed that you somehow agreed with "cheese eaters" that Twin was a racist. "

My initial post was merely giving advice (or a suggestion) to YOU, Farmer

There is some debate about whether Twain was a racist. For cheese-eaters that is the main question about EVERYONE, but there is no "debate" about it. They have the ability to KNOW, almost instantly, for certain, who is a racist, and who isn't. If you say something that they don't agree with, then you're a racist, no debate about it. They KNOW Twain is a racist, end of story.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:45 am
@layman,
whatever. When you use "cheese eaters" and then say "they proved that Twain was a racist" and then wanted me to associate you with that, well, how did I know you were whacking off at my expense?

youre just a bitter guy who thinks hes more clever than he is and that he can get away with being a "not-so" closet a racist himself.

Anyway, whats wrong with cheese??

What do you eat with your MAC n cheese ?
or how bout a ? cheese burger
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Now I guess Dobby the lap dog has an opinion too?
Yeah, right. I've never taken a position of my own.

I'm just saying that the intent of layman's thread was obvious from the start. There was no about-face. You have said the same thing about some of my posts as well. I think you were seeing what you expected to see instead of what's there.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:50 am
@layman,
Quote:
For cheese-eaters that is the main question about EVERYONE, but there is no "debate" about it. They have the ability to KNOW, almost instantly, for certain, who is a racist, and who isn't. If you say something that they don't agree with, then you're a racist, no debate about it. They KNOW Twain is a racist, end of story.

That bit of convoluted thinking is just another attempted whack at the evil (and liberal)"cheese eater" . You certainly have your head firmly and safely up your AO .

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:57 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

I'm just saying that the intent of layman's thread was obvious from the start.
Really? Try to be more honest in your reading skills(or else bone up on critical thinking)

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:57 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I think you were seeing what you expected to see instead of what's there.

That's our Farmer, sho nuff.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:03 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Really? Try to be more honest in your reading skills(or else bone up on critical thinking)

The irony of it all.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:07 am
@layman,
yeh aint?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:10 am
First hit on google for "bigot:"

Quote:
bigĀ·ot, noun:
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian;

Another dictionary:

Quote:
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Ever occur to you that you might be a bigot, Farmer? No need to answer, the question is rhetorical. I already know your answer, I figure. Something along the lines of:

"For you to even ask me that question proves that you are a bigot."
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:27 am
@layman,
I readily admit to some bigotry.I cant help my upbringing , Im still a work in process.
I dont go around in my posts boasting of my kids in jail (whether its true or not) or how Im ready to dust off a cop. You are role playing. You attempt an "Amos n Andy" written patois, you routinely utilize racial stereotyping like this is a written Minstrel Show and then you have the cojones to point at others "racism'.
Youre right, I dont have to respond to your crap, other than to remind other readers that it IS JUST THAT, total racist crap.

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Youre right, I dont have to respond to your crap, other than to remind other readers that it IS JUST THAT, total racist crap.

You can call me "Huck," and save yourself a lot of words, Farmer.
0 Replies