Prediction that Obama would be the Last President

vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 02:39 am
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/baba-vanga-obama-last-us-president-prediction-what-does-it-mean/news-story/a108e14db6091679687f94a60e28311c

Quote:
Baba Vanga ‘Obama last US president’ prediction: What does it mean?

SHE was the blind psychic who predicted 9/11 and the rise of Islamic State.
And among the predictions the blind psychic known as Baba Vanga made, there’s another that should leave the world a little alarmed.

The Bulgaria-born Prophet, who died in 1996 aged 85, was known as “Nostradamus from the Balkans” for her apparent 85 per cent success rate.

Vanga predicted hundreds of events and disasters including a 2016 Muslim invasion of Europe that would end in disaster with chemical warfare used against Europeans.

Now consider her prediction about the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.

The revered clairvoyant predicted with accuracy that the 44th President would be African-American.

But she also stated that he would be the “last US president”…

So, this prediction came up, and I started doing some hypotheticals (just for the sake of it, seeing as Trump said during the elections that he wouldn’t accept a loss) on ‘How would a person go from being president to dictator?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first thought ‘could you move enough people into the electoral offices until you could rig the elections?’ And combine that with some other shenanigans. Then I was told that each State Counts it’s own votes…so that seems too difficult.

I then thought – it may be possible if a major world war (eg USA/China, USA Russia) breaks out half way through the end of 2nd term presidential elections … an argument could be made for ‘the need for leadership stability’ (ie the need to keep the 2nd term president beyond his 2nd term).

If that required a change to the constitution, it would require popular acclaim. If it didn’t require constitutional change, popular acclaim could still play a role in this, and in many other scenarios. But Popular acclaim would require the cooperation of the Media. The greater the cooperation of the media, the greater the likelihood of popular acclaim (as it is still mainstream media from which most people get their information on the world). The greatest cooperation of the Media is most likely under a combination of coercion (blocking access to govt sources / stories / creating fear of such loss) and reward (advertising, tax breaks etc etc). Doing such a thing would take time, but it could be done…mostly because major news organisations now are run for profit, rather than for journalistic values.

Further, if I had control of the media, in the leadup to such an election, I would aim to create as much fear as possible. I would then link any leadership change to a greater ##### (whatever they have been taught to fear).

- The greater the fear; together with
- the greater the fear linked to leadership change, together with
- the greater the popular acclaim of the President...

…would to many people engaging in self censureship of the rest of the population (this sort of behaviour usually occurs anyway in the lead up to wars, but here I am talking about on a much grander scale), and the greater the cry for the President.

-------------------------------------------------------

In any event, this is all a hypothetical. But it would be interesting to see if anyone could come up with a hypothetical that could hold water.

vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 02:42 am
One of the interesting things about such hypotheticals...stories like this one become interesting.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/companies/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-fing-firing-squad/news-story/c551cd968ef577dd7feee1683b2a076b
Quote:
Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f***ing firing squad’

DONALD Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sit-down on Monday, sources told the New York Post.

“It was like a f***ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed’,” the source said.

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

A second source confirmed the fireworks.
“The meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks,” the other source said.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong’. He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

As a one off, it's odd, but not particularly interesting. If this behaviour continued, Trump would then have to back up his words with censures. If the censures worked...

In any event, does anyone have any thoughts on what would be needed / how they would go about becoming a dictator (or a 3rd , 4th, 5th term president) if they were Trump?
woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 08:43 am
@vikorr,
See the 22 amendment of the US Constitution
vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 04:52 pm
@woiyo,
I understood there was a constitutional limit of 2 terms.

The point was, can ways be found around constitutions (ways have been found around constitutions in many countries - including the US which has a 2 term president as it's 22nd constitutional amendment - so it's a fair question)

Definite way around include:
- Military Coup (probably cause civil war unless there was an overwhelming need to stay together. Eg survival of the US was threatened by Russia/China). Military coup scenario would I think, have plenty of prerequisites (eg. problem buildup over many years for example; Severe / insurmountable corruption)

- change the constitution via referendum (as previously mentioned, it seems to me that for such a move to be successful, there would need to be a dire threat to the survival of the US (war with China/Russia), deep fear of loss of stability if leadership changes, and popular acclaim of the sitting president.

Possible way around:
- could you prolong the length of 2nd term? Via congress?

And again, treat this just as a mental /theoretical exercise.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 09:53 pm
Interesting line in a US intelligence report

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/prepare-for-a-dark-and-difficult-future-warns-us-national-intelligence-council/news-story/5296682cdc7b074d3ca2b5766b511f7d

Quote:
The Global Trends: Paradox of Progress report released by the US National Intelligence Council overnight warns that the post-World War II era of stability, international co-operation and consensus-building has eroded.

“Dominating empowered, proliferating actors in multiple domains would require unacceptable resources in an era of slow growth, fiscal limits, and debt burdens. Doing so domestically would be the end of democracy, resulting in authoritarianism or instability or both.”
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:50 pm
@woiyo,
Check out Turkey's president who is trying to change their constitution in order to let him run for more terms as president. With a ultra conservative congress it might happen in the US. Any way to keep a democrat from becoming president.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:27 am
@vikorr,
This is silly.

Let's assume she made a hundred predictions. With an 85% success rate that means she got fifteen predictions wrong. I say that's more telling than the supposed 85 others she got "right".

However; I suspect as you are doing, her predictions were bent and twisted until they fit the narrative to claim it's right. You know if you take a hammer and smash two puzzle pieces together yes they will eventually fit.

I'd like to see how she worded these predictions. Just like predicting a black president she has a 25% chance to guess it right.

But at the same time many predictions have better than average odds for success. But when she fails is it that she couldn't see them accurately or did reality change? If it changes then why didn't she foresee the change instead of the reality she predicted?

I say psychics are bullshit and their fans manipulate their predictions to fit when they are vague or slightly off.

If Trump is sworn in and nothing prevents him from becoming president, she got her prediction about Obama being the last president wrong. Who cares about two terms? He technically is president. Why wouldn't her prediction have been more accurate if you want to invoke a dictatorship? Call it for what it is then.

Shes full of crap, I've seen it hundreds of times and my prediction? They all are full of ****.
vikorr

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:08 am
@Krumple,
Well, I'm not really worried about the exact wording - I don't put any stock in psychics. it was just an interesting claim / starting point, that got me thinking about how one would go about becoming the dictator of the US.
Krumple

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 05:21 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Well, I'm not really worried about the exact wording - I don't put any stock in psychics. it was just an interesting claim / starting point, that got me thinking about how one would go about becoming the dictator of the US.

Well tell you what. If this whole thing about China and Russia escalates to thermal nuclear war and the US gets its long a waited due destruction, then I'll eat my words about her being wrong. I still don't think it would change my point of view of psychics.

Obama surely is trying hard to prove he deserves that Nobel Peace prize. Laughable.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:48 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
about how one would go about becoming the dictator of the US.

You might check the history of Germany in the 1930's. You might get a clue keeping in mind that tRump has his own private security.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Who was it, Hitler, that asked how many divisions does the Pope have? Maybe Mussolini. Whatever. When you compare Trumps' security forces to our military might, it's like a giant wearing a boot to stomp on a roach. We might have a bunch of right wingers effing up the laws and security of the USA for a few years, but even Trump supporters will fight out and out dictatorship, for the most part. So I believe.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope your right but judging from the conservative posters on this site I fear if tRump told them to take up arms and shoot all the libs they know they would do so.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 10:45 pm
@RABEL222,
I believe the majority of our military and police are committed to the union and will not allow dictatorship.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:01 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You might check the history of Germany in the 1930's. You might get a clue keeping in mind that tRump has his own private security.

- The US is not Germany (in so many ways).
- the information systems are not the same (there's the internet now)
- the immediate Geopolitics aren't the same (US isn't surrounded by unfriendly countries)
- the economics aren't the same (no Great Depression in lead up, no crushing debt imposed through force by other nations)
- the Global interconnectedness isn't the same; etc

It would need a different path to dictatorship.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:32 am
@vikorr,
I don't think Trump will try to become a dictator, but IF he did, he wouldn't need a duplication of Germany's situation in the 1930's to succeed. All he would need is fear, hatred and a charismatic personality. You said the internet would help prevent a dictator from rising, I say it could be an effective tool to mislead the masses.
roger

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:53 am
@TomTomBinks,
I agree with the possibility, especially with regard to the internet
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 02:40 am
@TomTomBinks,
I didn't say the internet would prevent a dictator from rising - I said the US would need a different path, in part, because of the internet. The internet can both help, and hinder.

Quote:
All he would need is fear, hatred and a charismatic personality.
Although I somewhat agree with you (see my first post), I think there may be a difference of extremes - that is, I think a series of very extreme situations would need to exist / be created (combined with, as you say, charisma / popular acclaim), prior to anyone ever being able to seize dictatorship of the US.

But that's a very root level theory. It doesn't really articulate the behaviours that would need to take place in the lead up to overthrowing a govt (ie how you would go about it). What would need to be done at higher levels (ie how would you get the media onside, how would you use the internet, who would you demonise, what conflict would you create, how would you generate the extreme fear, etc)
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 12:08 pm
@vikorr,
If you spent some time talking with some of the people I see everyday you would see that it would only take a tiny push and they would be all for a Trump dictatorship. (or someone like him). It's shocking how easily they eat up every blessed thing he says regardless of how obviously false it is. It's equally as shocking how much hatred (of other races, religions, sexual orientation, different cultures) is seething in our population. They don't seem to have any knowledge (or care to acquire any) of how our government works or how it was meant to work under the constitution. The principles our nation were founded on mean nothing to them. It's scary.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 09:48 pm
@vikorr,
Germany had the same type of government in 1930 as the U S has now. Check it out and if you do get back to me. Otherwise go away and stew in your ignorance.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 09:49 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Has tRump ever hears of twitter?
0 Replies