Prediction that Obama would be the Last President

vikorr

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 11:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Germany had the same type of government in 1930 as the U S has now. Check it out and if you do get back to me. Otherwise go away and stew in your ignorance.

I take it that you believe that the US would take the same path to dictatorship as Germany...

Presumably then, Trump would create:
- a Trump Youth League
- replace Jews with Muslims
- use Russia and China to create fear / create another major terrorist event on US soil
- take control of the media
- get congress to allow him to pass his own laws
- arrest members of the other party
- ban unions
- enable a secret police / gestapo

etc.

Okay, but I think you don't quite understand the gist of what I wanted to discuss (which is okay, because it seems I didn't state it clearly enough)

- The world has changed since the 1930's
- the US does not share the same geography as Germany
- and the people, culture and laws/constitution of Germany are not the same as the people and culture of the US.
- the issues that the US people face today, are not quite the same as the issues that Germany faced

The same path Germany trod, won't be the exact same path the US would tread, (though there would be many similarities)

The point of this topic is to identify key pathways needed to get the US to the 'threshold' where a US dictatorship becomes inevitable (once a president can pass his own laws, it's probably inevitable)

The very obvious parts are not interesting to me (why discuss something that is so obviously a sign of a lead-up to a dictatorship, with no one disagreeing). What is interesting is the lead up to the tipping point / threshold, where dictatorship becomes inevitable.

Hence the prior post on Trump dressing down Media leaders. Media 'control' would, I think, be a necessary precursor.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:03 am
@vikorr,
He is on the way and isent even president yet. He has his private protection squad that can be used to beat people that he dont like or who disagree with him. Wonder what it will be like when he is president?
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:05 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Media 'control' would, I think, be a necessary precursor.

Does he really need to control the media? What if all media was discredited to the point that no one believed anything? He would then be free to do whatever he wished and when the media reported it, no one would pay any attention.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 02:01 am
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/iraqs-parliament-votes-to-retaliate-against-donald-trumps-muslim-ban/news-story/3690c4bf699b6ceb3efb3e372fa45e38

Quote:
Donald Trump shifts blame for ‘Muslim’ travel ban turmoil

Staff writers and wires, News Corp Australia Network
January 31, 2017 3:22pm

FIRST US President Donald Trump fired the acting US Attorney General who declared his immigration ban illegal. Now he’s axed another without reason.

President Trump has replaced the acting head of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a holdover from Barack Obama’s administration, as he battled political fallout over his Executive Order.

Well, I guess firing the Acting Attorney General for saying 'what you are doing is illegal' is one way to go about doing illegal things (of course, the courts are yet to determine this).

In Australia, there is often a change of heads of Govt Departments on change of government. So I'm not sure if there is anything actually unusual about this (other than timing).
0 Replies