God Help Me I'm A Father

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
And I got on to my cub for laughing at a teacher...
Good God!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/07/babysitter.attacked.ap/index.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:47 pm
wow
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:31 pm
Maybe I missed this, bear, but how old is the youngest cub?

(Fidgeting nervously, looking over my shoulder at the 10-1/2 year old....)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
Eva wrote:

14 on Christmas. Great kid, but puberty makes 'em goofy and makes 'em want to test authority. He also is exactly like me in temperment so he doesn't just blindly follow authority he's not rebellious but he likes to know why............we keep 'em on a short leash where manners and respectful behavior are concerned however. He's just passsing 5'11" and he's got two more growth spurts. I'm 5'7" so I've got to keep the daddy edge on him.

Truly, he's a very good cub. All my cubs are. the 16 year olds is downtown at an all ages show. Her boyfriend plays guitar in a rock band. Can you believe it? Squinney is not sure how her cubs are turning out to be rockers like their dad despite her best efforts to the contrary. I tell her "Don't worry honey, look how well I turned out"
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Eva wrote:

14 on Christmas. Great kid, but puberty makes 'em goofy and makes 'em want to test authority. He also is exactly like me in temperment so he doesn't just blindly follow authority he's not rebellious but he likes to know why............we keep 'em on a short leash where manners and respectful behavior are concerned however. He's just passsing 5'11" and he's got two more growth spurts. I'm 5'7" so I've got to keep the daddy edge on him.

Truly, he's a very good cub. All my cubs are. the 16 year olds is downtown at an all ages show. Her boyfriend plays guitar in a rock band. Can you believe it? Squinney is not sure how her cubs are turning out to be rockers like their dad despite her best efforts to the contrary. I tell her "Don't worry honey, look how well I turned out"

Very Happy I wouldn't mind having you for a dad, your not old enough, but I still wouldn't mind.

As long as you let me do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, I'll bet we would get along just fine. Laughing
0 Replies

lisairis

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:00 pm
Re: God Help Me I'm A Father
hi dads,

i am doing a documentary about the choice to have or not have children:

EDIT (Moderator): Link Removed

the interviews are open to anyone, but i am not getting many responses from men, so i am seeking them out by, for example, posting notes like this. unfortunately, i am in los angeles and there is no knowing where you are. however, if you are interested in being interviewed and are not too far from where i am, i'll try and travel to you.

it would be great if you had a very strong opinion one way or the other and can explain why (ie: you think having children is great/necessary and why). if you want to contact me directly, please go to the link above, read it and reply to the ad.

thanks!

lisairis
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:39 pm
paulaj I would be happy to smack your ass and yell who's your daddy at you any old time....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:33 am
Panzade...just a thought but I've noticed that kids need constant repetition to break from their slovenly ways. It also sounds as if you and the boys need to build a relationship aside from the 'boyfriend and the boys'. I would suggest a weekly date (for lack of a better word). Go for lunch, once a week - hotdogs whatever, and talk - about them, their mother, her health, their plans, your past and go from there. Just don't give up because they will always be her kids regardless of where they live.

Bear, When scolding my kids, I hear myself using my mother's irish accent and that scares the bejeebers outta me. I guess there's something to be said about the tried and true, eh!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
paulaj I would be happy to smack your ass and yell who's your daddy at you any old time....

Bear

That's not exactly what I was thinking of, you big silly!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 05:36 am
paulaj wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Bear

well perhaps you need a course correction.... :wink:
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:25 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
paulaj wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Bear

well perhaps you need a course correction.... :wink:

All right young man, I'm officially putting you on "triple secret probation"..........I'll be watching you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:48 pm
I thought I felt some heat .....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:53 pm
Hey Bear, I never got to the bottom of what you said to get kicked out of here a few weeks ago. Can you share without getting booted again? And what did you do to get reinstated?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
They didn't tell me why, only that I was bad.

To get back on I took an oath to be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Couteous, Kind,Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave ,Clean and Reverent, to help others at all times and to obey the A2K law, to keep my self physically strong, mentally alert and morally straight.

And I threatened to circulate some promisicous photo images of Craven cavorting with Gertrude and Gus.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:47 pm
Are you serious Bear, what happens when one get's...the boot, do they e-mail you?

The reason I ask is....I have a habit of pushing the envelope and being a non-conformist just makes thing's worse.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:04 pm
Well anyways, welcome back ol'man. Wouldn't have been quite the same without cha.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:46 pm
I agree. Cheers!
0 Replies