God Help Me I'm A Father

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:46 pm
My youngest got into some VERY minor trouble at school in a situation where the teacher was quite frankly being as childish as the boys involved.

Nonetheless I gave my cub the lecture about keeping oneself under control, especially when at the mercy of someone with authority over you, and use your head bla bla bla.

Instead of allowing him to skateboard with his friends after school, I told him he had to stay in and gave him a simple chore. Vacuum the entire house.

He decided it was unfair and in defiance of me, did not do one bit of it. I snatched him off the bus and told him he was now in a pissing contest and I would win, and he would vacuum the house. He said "Why?"

Before I knew what had hit me I was possessed by the spirit of my grandfather and I jumpd up, stuck my finger in his chest and said "Because I pay for the roof over your head, the clothes on your back, he food in your belly, because I'm your father,because I'll shut your smart mouth for you if you like, and because I said so. That's all you need to know!"

Do I need an exorcism? Laughing

P.S. As I type, I hear the vacuum running upstairs. Little does young cub know that when he finishes this "punishment" for getting in trouble yesterday....he faces another one for starting the pissing contest and talking back to me. Hopefully he'll learn something. :wink:

And tell squinney to stop giggling over there.....this is serious business...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,448 • Replies: 76
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:49 pm
I have always said that Bear reminds me a lot of Ward Cleaver -- firm, disciplined, in control.

When the kid's done vacuuming I expect Bear to hand him a dollar and say, "I hope you've learned your lesson, son. Now go get an ice cream cone."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:51 pm
No, you do not need an exorcism. You are being a normal parent-we all lose it. And the little fart sounds like he deserves it!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:51 pm
Make him clean the toilet. That'll fix him.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:52 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have always said that Bear reminds me a lot of Ward Cleaver -- firm, disciplined, in control.

When the kid's done vacuuming I expect Bear to hand him a dollar and say, "I hope you've learned your lesson, son. Now go get an ice cream cone."

More likely I'll make him go get me one, make him watch me eat it and then say"You could be enjoying one too if you hadn't been a wise ass".
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:53 pm
Linkat wrote:
No, you do not need an exorcism. You are being a normal parent-we all lose it. And the little fart sounds like he deserves it!

watch your mouth...only I'm allowed to call him that....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:54 pm
You're tough as nails, Bear.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:58 pm
Good going, Bear! Very Happy

One of the most important things that youngsters need to incorporate into their delicate little psyches is that actions beget consequences.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:59 pm
Hey bear, they all act like little farts at one time or another.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:00 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Good going, Bear! Very Happy

One of the most important things that youngsters need to incorporate into their delicate little psyches is that actions beget consequences.

And that the universe doesn't revolve around their every sensation. Good going, Bear.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:23 pm
Bear you were fine.

I don't think you "lost it" at all, as someone stated earlier.

Hitting him over that would be losing it.

I think I know how you feel though, my 10 year old is well behaved, so I rarely have to raise my voice, but every now and then she seems to test me, so I repeat myself with a firm voice, I don't like having to do that but I'll be dammed if I'm going to raise a disrespectful child.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 05:54 pm
Good job Bear. Now when you're finished punishing yours, can you come over and do mine? :-D
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:01 pm
when I finish punishing the cubs I have to do squinney.....our anniversary don't ya know....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:18 pm
Happy Anniversary, Bi and Squinney.

Watch out with that pissing contest:

Teacher:

I can piss further up that wall than you can.

Bi: Okay Ms know it all--you first

Teacher does her thing, and now it's Bi's turn.

Teacher admonishes:

No hands allowed!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
Montana wrote:
Good job Bear. Now when you're finished punishing yours, can you come over and do mine? :-D

And then mine :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:52 pm
Happy Anniversary you two. Have fun ;-)
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 07:35 pm
It's hell when you teach them to be independent
thinkers and then they are!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 07:37 pm
I'm just an aunt and I have been known to say "cuz I said so" I think that arguement works a little better on 5 year olds than it would on teenagers.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:17 pm
shepaints wrote:
It's hell when you teach them to be independent
thinkers and then they are!

LOL Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:42 pm
In the fullness of time you will be a grandfather and Son of No-Longer-Small-Cub will challenge his father as the young aspiring bull challenges the old bull of the herd.

You will sit and laugh and laugh and laugh.
0 Replies