Abuzz Guilt

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 07:25 am
What Phoenix said.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 11:28 am
Am I the ONLY person on this entire site who's never been to either Abuzz OR the Craven's Realm?? Smile Whatever the case may be, this site kicks ass. The layout and mechanics work better than any website I've ever seen. ...And I haven't even mentioned all the lovely, intelligent people here yet. :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 11:35 am
Monger,

There are a few others who are from neither site. But since the site isn't open most came here by word of mouth. A few people showed up, then invited the whole lot. He he.

I have no complaints. The people here are my favorite people from those sites.

When I start to get this site listed in search engines etc there will be more non-Abuzz and non Realm turnover. But I'll wait on that. It's growing like a weed as it is.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 11:36 am
It's sure a possibility, Monger. Sure hope it isn't inhibiting, but, active as you have been lately, you're bound to be as well known as anyone quite soon.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 01:07 pm
Monger, all "lovely and intelligent" people are welcome here. So, welcome!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 04:08 pm
Thanks!
Well I just just thinking and toying with the idea, and darn - you've done a real fine job.
I have gotten a couple errors today. darn PHP, how much space you used so far with the messages?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 04:40 pm
Hi Husker! Welcome to Able2Know!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 04:45 pm
Re: Thanks!
husker wrote:
Well I just just thinking and toying with the idea, and darn - you've done a real fine job.
I have gotten a couple errors today. darn PHP, how much space you used so far with the messages?

The errors from today weren't PHP or site code's fault but rather a faulty database (hosts's fault).

I have gzip enabled so the database is only about 20 MB right now.

I noticed you deal in hosting. I checked out your plans. Unfortunately I have already paid for a year of hosting with several providers.

Your plans look great, except in bandwidth.

I'm going to have to move to a new host soon, this host is a great deal and is lightning fast, but the database errors bother me (even if it was only for a few minutes).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 05:09 pm
Sucess
I was able to load my avator, me self.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 05:48 pm
It was the kindness and patience of Jespah and Lightwizard, among other Abuzzers, that made it possible for me to start a Movie Quiz on Abuzz. I was a computer illiterate ( still am) and shy (still am) Embarrassed and they were there to guide me every step of the way. I'll continue the quiz there until Abuzz croaks or my movie trivia buddies tire of it, but this forum is the GREATEST. It's just that I am feeling sad because my 4 loyal buddies on the quiz , have not yet shown up on the membership list here and I'm bustin' to tell them about it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 07:00 pm
Their E mails aren't listed on their profiles I would guess, Raggedy.
There's no big head emoticons here but I'm Embarrassed You should start a trivia thread here -- I got kinda lost by not keeping up early on with your Abuzz thread.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
Foosh... I ain't got the time for aBuzz anymore... and now you's guys are trying to suck me into this forum...

Damn good thing i gave up television.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:29 pm
Aw come on, SP. You know you want to.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:44 pm
SealPoet! Welcome aboard! Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:49 pm
I don't have time for Abuzz either, SealPoet. Welcome
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:49 pm
SealPoet how does it feel to be just hatched? Welcome
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:37 am
I've been wondering where everyone went and now I know!

I'm still using abuzz and I'm sure I will continue to do so but I'm really glad to be able to get back in here again. (A big thank you to jespah for the new link.)

Still, I can tell that my love affair with abuzz is waning. While I sometimes like a down and dirty debate, the name calling and other stupidity was really getting in the way - you can hardly start a thread or post a response without starting a fight. My last straw was a "civil rights" thread with links to David Duke websites, every poster but me defended his racist agenda. While I hate to think of those people going unchallenged, I realize the futility of the fight.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:39 am
ahhhhh the SealPoet and boomer are here! musicians and artists everywhere - how divine!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:57 am
Hey Boomer! Greetings!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 12:04 pm
boomerang- A hearty "Welcome!" to ya!
0 Replies