Abuzz Guilt

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:22 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Wow, talk about proving myself right...

If you responded to what I posted, you illustrate how you want to turn a comment related to a person's politics and turn it into a personal attack. I reject the insinuation.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:57 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Wow, talk about proving myself right...

If you responded to what I posted, you illustrate how you want to turn a comment related to a person's politics and turn it into a personal attack. I reject the insinuation.

Most assuredly, you must be in error, no one who states in their sig line that their opponent's political philosophy makes them mentally ill would do such a thing.

Stop picking on our estemed albeit fontanelley impaired colleague.

In this country even retards have rights.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:54 am
That's why kuvasz gets to use the Internet for an hour each day. Damn liberal sentencing guidelines, anyway.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:14 pm
cjhsa wrote:
That's why kuvasz gets to use the Internet for an hour each day. Damn liberal sentencing guidelines, anyway.

http://aja.freehosting.net/whack%20a%20cjhsa.jpg

Thus, my concern for your fontanelle.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 06:01 am
kuvasz wrote:
Quote:
I'm puzzled by the mindset that it would take to go out of your way just to try to make sure someone knows you don't like them.

I might be wrong here, but personally, I doubt that I need "to go out of my way" to make sure cjhsa knows I hold him in contempt for some of what he espouses on site.

What I wonder is, being the decent guy you appear to be, why you don't?

He never said he didnt. He might well hold cjhsa in contempt too. But if he does, he just doesnt feel the need to bloviate about it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 01:04 am
kuvasz wrote:

Well, Craven a week late to the show. You might actually have read the interchange between cjhsa and myself before belching an opinion from Olympus on high. My remark was to counter cjhsa's pitiful and typical attempt to distort his stance when challenged. You must have read it old boy, because actually I emboldened it in my own response.

I read the exchange kuvasz (I don't come around much so I'm sorry if my posts are not timely) and I'm not trying to act superior to anyone I was addressing (was actually addressing all 3 of you) and I mentioned that I've certainly been guilty of the same (worse even, I had had in mind an absolute brainfart where I made a thread just to poke fun at a member).

Quote:

So, my remark corrected his wrongly conceived impression and stated clearly that it was not mere ideological differences that drove my remarks about him.

It was him.

Sure, but I still wish you guys could use some other medium (maybe PM's?) to tell each other how much contempt you have for each other. Y'know for the community's sake, it'd make us look better and we'd get to spend more time reading more edifying stuff.

Quote:

I might be wrong here, but personally, I doubt that I need "to go out of my way" to make sure cjhsa knows I hold him in contempt for some of what he espouses on site.

You certainly don't need to, but you seem compelled to and that's a feeling I can relate to.

Quote:
What I wonder is, being the decent guy you appear to be, why you don't?

Why I don't go out of my way to tell him I hold him in contempt? I might hold his thinking on some issues in contempt, and have never failed to say so if I felt it appropriate. But I've learned that good people can hold ideas I find extraordinarily foul and there's more to life than politics and don't have contempt for him for his political views.

I personally have more contempt for people who treat others poorly than for those who hold political positions I find untenable. The former is a far better indication of what kind of person the individual is to me.

Quote:

As to the question why...
Quote:
you guys are taking either politics or able2know a tad too seriously?

For me it is personal, my brother fights in a US military uniform in Kabul, Afghanistan (second tour) while my 21 year old cousin is sitting in Karbala, Iraq in her Army MP uniform.

Now you might not understand this having no one you love in harm's way, but I believe, sincerely as the day is long that the bad-craziness, the lies, and distortions mouthed on site by these right-wing carbuncles of a human soul helped put them there.

I'm not sure why you are playing this card, or why you claim such intimate knowledge about the people I love.

The person I love the most (my brother) in in the military and did time in Afghanistan as well kuvasz. He's also a right-winger and happens to be the reason I developed the ability to separate one's politics from my feelings about them more so than I was able to in the past.

I recall disowning my brother over his politics after spirited political discussions before realizing I was taking politics far too seriously. Politics may be life, and a big part of how it plays out, but interpersonal relationships are as well and I find that treating others badly is a far greater evil than bad politics.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 07:18 am
Labeling me a right winger is incorrect. I am a moderate - apparently few here recognize what a true right winger is.

What I see is that A2K has become so predominantly far left, that they have gelled into some kind of cesspool of liberalism - so pickled in it they can't smell their own stench.

But that's just MO. Perhaps we should ask a real right winger.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:49 am
So what is it ya'll want to know?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
cjh and Miller are a2k's worst flamers; they don't contribute anything of substance, and the majority of their posts are just unjustified flaming.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:56 am
In you case, ci, considering you are someone who ignores perfectly good advice if it comes from someone of a different political pursuasion than your own, I can certainly understand that opinion.

Ever get that HDTV working? Laughing

Mr. Nugent and I have a special name for folks like you but I'll refrain from using it here.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 11:31 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
cjh and Miller are a2k's worst flamers; they don't contribute anything of substance, and the majority of their posts are just unjustified flaming.

Poor baby, got a toothache today?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 12:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Labeling me a right winger is incorrect. I am a moderate - apparently few here recognize what a true right winger is.

Like eh.. wait.. I can think of someone who makes cjhsa look like a "moderate".. I can.. no ok, mentioning Mussolini would be in bad taste.. uhmm.. wait... I'm sure I can come up with someone.. Pat Robertson?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 01:06 pm
nimh, the company you keep is not my problem.

You might try visiting some real right wing sites before labeling me. Being a "right winger" on A2K isn't very difficult. All you have to do is be somewhat more conservative than, say, Al Notsosharpton.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 01:40 pm
I totally agree with Craven. I don't let my political views get in the way of my total view of the person. There are a number of things that cjhsa don't agree on, but I certainly don't dislike him simply because we don't agree.
Just like many others I don't agree with, I try my best not to let it get personal. If it's a subject that hits home, I may get wrapped up in the heat of the moment, but I do mellow out in a short time.
There is only a few here (only one I can think of at the moment) that I don't like, period. I don't like him because he's a spiteful bully who goes out of his way to piss people off, so that is someone who I just make a point of staying clear of, although I do slip sometimes and I go off.
Then I usually get out of here for a few days to give myself time to cool off and I continue to avoid this person.

life is too short to fight with people and I found, over the years, that if you take the time to really know a person you may not like at first, it's amazing how much you learn about them and realize that they really aren't as bad as all that.

No one is perfect and I think it would be nice if we could all just agree to disagree when our opinions don't match.

Some people are just plain mean sprited and I find it much easier to keep my distance from them, instead of letting them push my buttons.

I've been guilty of letting some people get to me, but not often and I'm still working on the keeping the distance from those who do.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
Montana wrote:
Then I usually get out of here for a few days to give myself time to cool off and I continue to avoid this person.

And I think we all know where you go to cool off, don't we, Montana?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 02:34 pm
Yeah Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:27 pm
Mame wrote:
Montana wrote:

And I think we all know where you go to cool off, don't we, Montana?

Oh please...Not that naked park! Laughing
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:28 pm
Montana wrote:
Yeah Cool

Town of Pointville?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:24 pm
No, that was last week. This week I'm in Pencilville Laughing

People must think we're nuts! Shocked
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:25 pm
Pencilville? Man, I could at least give you the Magic Marker.
0 Replies