What is life? (a personal view)

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2019 05:50 am
@Leadfoot,
"Who" is a very powerful illusion...(Illusions are real in their own way...illusions are real illusions, phenomena that is, just like any other phenomena, their specificity is that they don't refer to what we guess they do, but they do not refer to nothingness)
...in the end, is not "who" that we love, it is what ORDER has "materialize" over the years in the entity we call a "person"...
...this what refers to what actions, what "thing" is being there, with "us"...and Reason in its minimalistic explanation is just the Order of things. We love the order of what we got that we needed... need is a necessary condition to Love. "God" does not need...nevertheless it connects! "It" doesn't love, but it is the basis, the ground, for Love to exist...
"We" are all part of a connectome. The thing itself as a whole is a mathematical structure on the order of phenomena that is lifeless, motionless, and pure!
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 07:19 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Call it anything you want, just answer the question.

For a guy that doesn't believe he even exists, you seem to know a lot about God. Or maybe you just accepted the cliches of religion.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 08:51 am
@Leadfoot,
...you ought to analyze and inspect better what I wrote, its good material...sorry but arrogance is warranted in the case. Make what you want of it in any way, to each his own.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 10:35 am
@Leadfoot,
I have written a post on an Islamic forum and thought you may be interested to read that, link is below.

https://www.islamicboard.com/comparative-religion/134353814-living-miracle-quran-proof-islam-true-religion-new-post.html

It will be worth to join this forum as well and ask any question you have about Islam.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 05:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
exist...
"
Quote:
We" are all part of a connectome. The thing itself as a whole is a mathematical structure on the order of phenomena that is lifeless, motionless, and pure!

Apparently you are serious about that. By your own admission, your beloved is dead. That just doesn't do it for me.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:31 am
What is life ?

Pray to god that you don t have mental or pysichal pain in it , that s an important perception.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 05:34 am
@maxdog,
A little bit of pain spices things up and it humbles you...I just which not too much of it comes to mine.
A life without pain is a life without meaning.
"Heaven" is a middle-class vacuous sterile sanitized place. A Disneyland of the dumb...
maxdog

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:41 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You re saying that a little bit of pain it s ok because we afford it altough for me is still bad to experience .
But don t say life without pain does not make sense because it does nt make sense at all .
We always look how to be painless in our experience of this life even a little head ache we take pills.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 10:49 am
@maxdog,
This reminds me of a verses in Quran, it is the supplication I often make when I pray:

Quote:
Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire. [Quran 2:201]

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:31 am
@maxdog,
I wish you an eternity without any pain, nothing, nada, not even the pain of feeling hungry...and I would love to talk back at you in a trillion years back...
maxdog

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:32 am
@HabibUrrehman,
there is no pain mentioned in this verse
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:33 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Without pain, you don't have any referent any sense on what is good...
I know I am wasting my time with you, but just saying...done!
maxdog

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
i wish you the same. not all humans have to be in pain , it s so scary especially when you can t do nothing
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:38 am
@maxdog,
...oh no no no noooo! Don't wish me the same pleeeease!
I want to die not to live forever, that would be hell, and much worse if without any pain...I would have no relief either...eternity is already pretty bad per se.

I am an animal and want to live and die like one!
We are "bios" and should accept our condition!
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:44 am
@maxdog,
I know, that's the beauty. We don't know what is best for us while our creator does know. So we only ask Him to provide us with what is best for us in this world and in hereafter.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
When I talk to you, I am sure I am not wasting my time. We can have difference of opinion but that does not mean we should stop talking to each other.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:55 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end.
-- Woody Allen
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:59 am
@HabibUrrehman,
I am sorry you are right!
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 01:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Not many accept their mistakes, you have a good heart! Thank you, it means a lot to me Smile

Regarding pains and suffering, these are part of our lives and part of our test in this life. Allah says in the Quran:

Quote:
We will surely test you with something of fear and huger, and the loss of wealth and lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, who say—when afflicted with calamity—“To God We belong, and to Him we shall return!” They are on those whom descend blessings from their Lord, and Mercy. Such are the rightly guided. [Quran 2:155-157]

Quote:
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, ‘We believe’, and that they will not be put to the test? [Quran 29:2]

Quote:
And We shall certainly test you, until We know those of you who strive their utmost (for God) and who are the steadfast; and We shall test your reported mettle. [Quran 47:31]

Now these tests may be different for different people. Some people may have trials and sufferings which are very small compared to pains and sufferings of other people. This is because Allah does not test anyone beyond their capacities. Quran says:

Allah does not impose anyone painful obligation/test/trail beyond his/her capacity [Quran 2:286]

I know these quotes from Quran don't align with your ideology but I thought I should share my POV on pains and sufferings.
maxdog

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:09 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I wished you no pain not no dead
0 Replies