What is life? (a personal view)

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 06:06 pm
@maxdog,
Quote:
Of course I will refuse to come to this world , without think of it twice and without any tiny doubt, it s not worth the sacrificies .

I am not recommending it, but you didn’t address the fact that you can end it at any time. What stops you from leaving if your suffering is as you say?
Even Jesus opted out when he’d had enough of this place.
maxdog

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 11:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
Because I don t feel to do it and I don t have a reason right now ,apart you need guts or crazy thoughts to do something like that.
Jesus as other humans told us , was nt his choice.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 02:46 pm
@maxdog,
I wouldn’t go just because I had a bad day/year/decade either. BUT! When and if I find it necessary to go, I’ll be wearing the biggest **** eat'n grin on earth. But if I get taken by surprise one day, that’s OK too.

I don’t think it takes a lot of guts or courage, just an understanding of what you are, and are not, giving up.

And it definitely was his choice, even if not his original idea.
maxdog

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 08:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
That s what keep us living, that we don t know our date of death.

Of course you need courage or being crazy , no doubt .

He prayed to the father so that he save him from this chalice , if it s like that in english .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:35 am
@Leadfoot,
One does not quit upon the works of your "God" in this world because it is NECESSARILY grey.
One does not quit Being because one fails to understand it opting for a virtual boring toy world with Heaven for sale.
Quitting on Reality is lazy no matter how much pain you are in. Its a duty to keep on living and marching on the path laid out for us in the first millisecond of the Big Bang!
That all explained, one does not have free will...when one quits Reality which is timeless said so before you did!
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 07:13 am
What’s a man to think?
One tells me I have to be either courageous or crazy to choose leaving.
Another tells me I am a lazy coward for even contemplating it.

If you are telling me my POV is not popular, I get that. But should one care?

@maxdog
Yes, he asked if there was another way, to please take that cup from him. But he was willing to drink it down to the last drop if his Father asked it.
We really don’t know what was in that chalice, but it was way more than just his physical death.
maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 08:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Talking like that I m more than sure that you don t experienced real constant pain , I wish you from my heart that you will never do but the word LAZY for those they can t afford to live any more was the most stupid word you can use.
maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 08:35 am
@Leadfoot,
I don t think I said something wrong or had to offend you by saying that you have to be courageous or crazy.
It means you are not in that position and it s something good .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 08:07 pm
@maxdog,
Well, thank you for your honest opinion maxdog!
I also happen to think all your answers are lazy and stupid, but that is statistically natural isn't it?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 08:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
You haven't addressed me directly but I shall rebuttal nonetheless.
Speak less and do more or rather shut up, death is private!
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 05:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
It s not an answer , you re blaming someone that is exhausted of pain and want just stop it .
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 05:28 pm
@maxdog,
Hardships are sent to humans so that they could know about themselves—that how utterly weak they are, and how less control they have over what happens in their life. Tribulations remind human beings that they have no true helper—because essentially, our resources are so limited! And then, they turn to the One who can change destiny, One who can rewrite their fate.

So basically, hardships turn us toward God. They bring us closer to our reality and the reality of this life. We are put through problems so that we realize that this life is full of problems that we can't handle alone and we need God to wade past through this journey.
maxdog

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2019 05:20 am
@HabibUrrehman,
If some one comes to you with a chainsaw while you are tied up to a pole in a room to cut you in pieces one by one , are you going to say that it s meant to be or god is testing me or you gonna wish you had not been born . ? And I m not say something it never happend .
HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2019 12:13 pm
@maxdog,
Quote:
If some one comes to you with a chainsaw while you are tied up to a pole in a room to cut you in pieces one by one , are you going to say that it s meant to be or god is testing me or you gonna wish you had not been born . ? And I m not say something it never happened .

As a Muslim, I believe nothing happens without the will of Allah and whatever happens there must be some good for me if not in this world then definitely in Hereafter. With that said, if it is possible for me to escape the situation you mentioned then I will try to escape from such situation. If there is nothing I can do, then I will keep my trust in Allah and be happy with what is Allah's will. Death is a reality and it will come if Allah has written for me to die that way then be it that way. As a Muslim, I will always submit to the will of Allah.

Remember that's what our forefather Ibrahim PBUH did when he was thrown into the fire. It was test of his faith and he PBUH passed all the tests in this world. That's the reason the stories of Prophets are mentioned in Quran so that we can follow the foot prints of those who has shown us how to be submissive to God under all difficult situations. All prophets including Jesus PBUH are my role models and I will do exactly what they have done when they were tested.
maxdog

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2019 02:01 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
If you feel good then just do like that .
0 Replies

georgie91

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 06:35 am
Life is happening here, now, one second at a time. Wink
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 03:33 am
Good one Alex! What do they pay per hit?

But really, descendent worship is no better than ancestor worship.
They both remember you equally well in virtually all cases.
You probably wouldn’t want to read what they wrote about you anyway.
0 Replies

yovav

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 09:01 am
@binman303,

I totally identify with you. I think you can enjoy this lecture.

https://www.ted.com/talks/donald_hoffman_do_we_see_reality_as_it_is?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tedspread&fbclid=IwAR3kkzFVjjqYqVi7IJEWvjE4fUQ5aICjJDNPr7RErXhXUgpOwDBpncYeatA
0 Replies