What is life? (a personal view)

HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Let me state this in another way, only adjectival descriptions are attributed to the divine being, and these merely as they bear on the revelation of God's will for man. The rest remains mysterious and this is why we need to know the revelations because those help us to understand who God is.
maxdog

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:06 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
For the sake of my argument about pain I invite you to visit the hospitals and check from what the eldery people are going through as much as kids and other humans.

You would see nothing divine there but a hell that only death makes you escape from it or that never been born that it s the best thing it could happen to us .

That is life
HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:47 pm
@maxdog,
You are assuming as if I don't see these sufferings. I do see them on daily basis and even go to see graveyard to remind myself of death. But I as a believer look at these things differently than you do.
maxdog

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 08:34 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Yes it s good to see them in a positive way , I just wanted to say that pain and suffering for a test is way out of justice it s a shame to happen on us .
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 09:21 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
I can no longer see any connection between my posts and your responses.

Happy trails to you.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 09:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am sorry if you feel like that. I know that anyone who believes in God loves God and God loves all His creation. But God is also Just and we need to keep right balance between love, hope and fear with God. If you think God will treat a good person like you and Hitler equally after death then you are mistaken.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:46 pm
@maxdog,
Have you ever reflected on the pain a mother goes through while she delivers her baby? Even after all the pain, the mother still loves the baby who caused her so much pain that she could potentially die? Think about it as there is sign in everything for those who reflect.
maxdog

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 12:32 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Here s what I think about that subject....

the mother wanted to have the baby , no one forced her and she knew what can go through , it was her choice .

Is the baby going to get blame for her risk and pain here>?
He caused her ?
The baby is completely innocent .

I see this differently, the victim is the baby because of his mother decision he have to face life and this comment can be added to the question title ,
WHAT IS LIFE ?

HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 10:23 am
@maxdog,
A typical atheist way of looking at things, is not it. This will only make your life bitter, nothing else.

Life and death is in the hands of Allah alone. Do you really think that you came into existence just because your mother wanted to have a baby?
How many women try to have babies but they can never have kids?
How many plan not to have babies and yet they get pregnant?
How many women get pregnant because someone rapes them?

It is always someone else's fault, is not it?

What you did not see is that how Allah creates you from nothing in the belly of your mother and how He provides you when you are so helpless in the belly of your mother and even as a kid.

What you do not see is how Allah puts love for babies in the hearts of their mothers even when they go through so much pain and this is true even for animals. The physical and emotional pain a mother endures during pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum is but one reason why Islam accords such an elevated status to mothers. In this regard, the Quran reminds people to, "Respect the womb that bore you." Additionally, some of the traditions and sayings of the Prophet in this regard include: that one owes to their mothers three times more love and obedience than that owed to one's father, and that "Paradise lies at the feet (serving the needs) of one's mother."

Main issue here is that atheists have no belief in hereafter so for them pain is suffering. On the other hand believers know that there is reward for any pain they go through in this life. The reward may be in this world, or hereafter or may be in both. We can choose to trust in Allah or reject Allah, choice is ours.

If there is no pain, how will one know to be caring and to show compassion to others?

If there is no pain and everything is good in your life, chances are you may forget God. If there are no trials and tribulations of this world, a person could develop arrogance, self-admiration, a pharaonic attitude and hardheartedness which would lead to his doom in this world and in the Hereafter. Any pain which brings one closer to God is good for us whether you want to believe it or not.

Complaining will not make our pain and suffering go away, and in fact it makes it worse.

Anyways I don't want to repeat myself. We look at things very differently. I get happy when I go through trials because I know that Allah loves me and he surely is testing me to elevate my ranks in paradise. It makes trials of this world very easy for me with that attitude. I don't complain and stay humble and God remains in my heart all the time. The approach you are taking will only result in bitterness in your life and you will end up suffering in both worlds. Good luck!
maxdog

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 01:53 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
About how you see things I fully agree with you , to have a better life is good to live like you do .

But that does nt mean it not like I am saying , what I m saying it s the truth , it s hard to swallow but that s it .
Also atheist could be against my thoughts so don t take it like that.

In a way you re saying that also animals are sacred about there creation but we kill them to eat so I don t think we think they are so precious.

About complaining you re right , it does nt help but neither solve our fears just mentally ease them a bit and to not get crazy .

I don t want to provoke you , in fact keep living like that and I wish luck too for life to be the best it can be for you .
HabibUrrehman

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 09:12 am
@maxdog,
Thanks for your compliment. I understand your POV, it is hard to ignore the pain and suffering but it is best not to focus on pain and suffering. The more we focus on pain, bigger it becomes and drives one away from God. Focus on God and try not to think too much about pain and suffering in a negative way. Take it as a blessing. I know it is hard but that is the only way to deal with them.

Some time pain works as an alarm system to awake us and draw us closer to God. Imagine if you broke your leg and have no pain? Imagine if you get a cut and start bleeding but it does not hurt you at all? Our pain gives us an alarm to pay attention to our problems like broken leg, the cut you got or our spiritual issues. No gain without pain.

May Allah bless you with the best in this life and in life hereafter! Ameen!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 09:45 am
@maxdog,
There's no satisfactory answer to what you're saying but to put it simply those who do believe, consider that the outcome is something so beautiful it justifies all the pain and misery which preceded it.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 10:39 am
@maxdog,
Maxdog quote:
"I see this differently, the victim is the baby because of his mother decision he have to face life and this comment can be added to the question title ,
WHAT IS LIFE ?"

I have to disagree with you here Max. Would you actually turn down the chance for existence knowing that life will have both pleasure and pain?

And since we are adults discussing this, let's be honest. You have the option to check out any time, so the gift of life is not a life long curse you can pin on anyone.

The first time I experienced pain to the point of wanting to die I was twelve years old. It was aweful, and more of the same came later. But the thought of missing some of the meaningful things I experienced later is unthinkable.

But I say this as a man who fully expects to die by my own hand when pain and disability makes it impossible to take care of myself.
maxdog

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 02:05 am
@izzythepush,
Believe me, certain pain you can experience and certain situations you can be into this life , nothing can justify them , not even the best things ever you can enjoy in life , you will only want that you don t had been born at all.

An example I saw this morning, an idian baby had been found buried alive , just imagine your self there , and if she died, for sure nothing will be justify her from what she had gone through. And gained nothing but suffering.
maxdog

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 02:14 am
@Leadfoot,
Of course I will refuse to come to this world , without think of it twice and without any tiny doubt, it s not worth the sacrificies .

And I am one that I m living a good life , imagine if not .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 02:36 am
@maxdog,
Like I said, that's what you believe, others believe differently.
maxdog

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 03:53 am
@izzythepush,
Yes and that s the best thing that they can do, infact I behave like them as much as I can.
0 Replies

HippyDippy

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 04:52 pm
@binman303,
I personally believe in absurdism. Life is has no meaning, which is the same thing that gives us meaning. We just chase for a meaning to that makes us happy, everyone's meaning is different.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:02 pm
@HippyDippy,
Cross the street with the red light on and you will find real meaning in a second! Wink
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 01:08 pm
@HippyDippy,
So you want to say that in life is like we are digging in water ,and happy to do so because we never arrive anywhere .
0 Replies