8
   

What is a nationalist?

 
 
skirby
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:40 am
Someone is anonymously paying to spruce up Trump adviser Steve Bannon's image
Quote:

On Wednesday, a publicist named Maria Sliwa sent out two emails to reporters offering interviews with positive character witnesses for Steve Bannon, the former Breitbart News chairman and incoming senior adviser to Donald Trump.

Bannon's appointment has been met with disappointment and disgust, given his ties to white nationalism and accusations of anti-Semitism, and so an attempt at a public makeover makes sense. But "it is unusual for publicists to refuse to say who they work for," says Tim Molloy at The Wrap, and Sliwa refused to answer when he asked, saying only, "I'm not working for Bannon" but "I have a client who is."

The two sources that Sliwa proffered were a retired U.S. Navy Seal who could speak to Bannon's time in the U.S. Navy and a Breitbart News employee.

Sliwa has promoted Breitbart News, a graphic novel version of the anti-Clinton book Clinton Cash, and the work of the Government Accountability Institute, an organization founded by that book's author, Peter Schweitzer, and Bannon. When Malloy pointed out that she had done some work for Breitbart, he says, Sliwa replied "Oh God, please no," and hung up.
giujohn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:50 am
@skirby,
"Daily Wire editor-in-chief, former Breitbart editor, and vocal Bannon critic Ben Shapiro called the claims that Bannon is racist "overstated,"

I have no evidence that Bannon’s a racist or that he’s an anti-Semite; the Huffington Post’s blaring headline “WHITE NATIONALIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE” is overstated..."



McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:05 am
@giujohn,
It will be a long 8 years of the media trying to destroy Trump because America voted for him to be President instead of the annointed princess Hillary. Obviously the media people think they know what is best... Rolling Eyes
skirby
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:09 am
@McGentrix,
Perhaps you will get a reprieve from the media and Trump will do his best to apply Putin like tactics to discourage the media from operating in a free press. Americans did not vote for him, the electoral college did. He got lucky, too many people on the left decided to sit out this election.
skirby
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:10 am
@giujohn,
Brought to you by a publicist named Maria Sliwa.
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:18 am
@giujohn,
This smear campaign owes heavily to the democrats' cherry-picked words and topics a la political correctness. They want to control what can be discussed in the political arena. Some people refuse to play by those rules- and the pc-pushers try to ruin them to enforce their control.

The jury is still out for me on Bannon, but anyone can ably see the lynching attempt.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:18 am
@skirby,
skirby wrote:

Perhaps you will get a reprieve from the media and Trump will do his best to apply Putin like tactics to discourage the media from operating in a free press. Americans did not vote for him, the electoral college did. He got lucky, too many people on the left decided to sit out this election.


Oh stop with that "the people didn't vote for him" nonsense.

Trump said it himself "If the election were based on total popular vote I would have campaigned in N.Y. Florida and California and won even bigger and more easily"

Americans voted him in and he is President in January. You can't have a set of rules and then whine because someone you don't like wins by following the rules.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:20 am
@skirby,
Why do you specify her name? What's your point?
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:52 am
Haven't even seen this yet, but dropping it here for All Things Steve-o.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/16/cnbc-steve-bannon-wall-streets-worst-enemy/
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:55 am
@Lash,
He wasn't working for Trump then and he is now. You have to remember that. People have lots of history and things they have done and said in the past.

They were not working for Trump then so it has no bearing on what they may do in the future.

So, lets wait and see. If they F it all up, THEN you can bring it on.
giujohn
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:06 am
@skirby,
skirby wrote:

Perhaps you will get a reprieve from the media and Trump will do his best to apply Putin like tactics to discourage the media from operating in a free press. Americans did not vote for him, the electoral college did. He got lucky, too many people on the left decided to sit out this election.


As far as I'm concerned when the media who holds a special privilege under the Constitution becomes an arm of one party or another and is anything less than completely unbiased they should have that protection stripped from them and should be fair game for any tactic to remove them from the public consciousness

And the electorial college hasnt elected anyone yet that doesn't occur until December 19th. They also can't elect anyone until the people vote. And saying that he was lucky because the other side decided to sit it out is ridiculous. They didn't sit out the election by happenstance. If they had felt that their candidate was strong enough they would have came out and voted for her. They knew the effects of sitting out the election so apparently they hated Hillary more than they hate a trump.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:15 am
@McGentrix,
I'm not negative at all toward Trump's administration. I'm desperately hoping for the best.

So far, I see no legitimate reason for the vilification of Bannon, and I am heartened by Pence's move against lobbyists in the administration.

Trump complained recently that the only cabinet candidates available in Washington are lobbyists. He then said he would fight to create a law (I think this was a law changed recently) to restrict lawmakers from becoming lobbyists within 5 years of leaving public office.

So, so far, I'm quite supportive of what I see-- I just can't imagine that it will last because...Trump. I'd love to be proven wrong.
McGentrix
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:34 am
@Lash,
He is making them sign a binding contract that will bar them from working as a lobbyist for a foreign government for 5 years I believe. I am hoping beyond hope that he is all of the things he campaigned to be. Everything he has done so far has my complete support.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Uh yeah... that may be politically correct but I don't insist people refer to me as an Italian person I have no problem being referred to as just an Italian.


Why should you? "Italian" was never used as an epithet, and you know the epithets that were used pejoratively for Italians.

Decent people are beyond using epithets. However, others may still find a reason to have superficial friendships with those outside their respective group. You can exclude those organizations that afford a degree of camaraderie transcending usual identities, such as the military, law enforcement, academia, etc., etc.
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:18 pm
@catbeasy,
Extraterrestrials get offended if one refers to them as "martians."
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:23 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

When a black person calls another black person, who even slightly sympathizes with white people, an Oreo or an Uncle Tom that person is never decried as a racist. However if a Jew or anyone else calls out another Jew who is not pro-israel, they are anti-semites. And in this case who's the one calling them anti-semites at Breitbart? The left media. Feeding those people on the wacko fringe right to flock to Breitbart to voice their anti-semite beliefs about all Jews... See how nicely that works so now the mainstream media can claim that Steve Bannon is antisemitic.


I have it from good sources that during the Exodus, Moses referred to the matzoh baker as an "unleavened baker." It would have been more politically correct to call him and "unleavened Hebrew baker."

There is a unproven legend that the occupying Romans put some cheese on matzoh, and pizza was invented.
0 Replies
 
giujohn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 03:53 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

giujohn wrote:

Uh yeah... that may be politically correct but I don't insist people refer to me as an Italian person I have no problem being referred to as just an Italian.


Why should you? "Italian" was never used as an epithet, and you know the epithets that were used pejoratively for Italians.

Decent people are beyond using epithets. However, others may still find a reason to have superficial friendships with those outside their respective group. You can exclude those organizations that afford a degree of camaraderie transcending usual identities, such as the military, law enforcement, academia, etc., etc.


I beg to differ with you... there was a time in the twentieth century when the word Italian was used pejoratively.
RABEL222
 
  3  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:20 pm
@McGentrix,
Clinton 1.3 million vote plurality. The crooked republicans have stolen another election.
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Followed the laws of the land.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:07 am
@RABEL222,
1.4 million voting illegals in Cali I expect.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 06/22/2021 at 09:29:03