Diversity or intergration by quota.

trespassers will

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 11:35 am
au1929 wrote:
I will probably regret voicing this but I believe that the WTC disaster has become a political football and the greedy are milking it for as much as they can get. I keep reading that the kin of those that perished think they are not getting enough instead of being greatful to a caring nation for it's largesse.

I'm with you on that one, au.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 09:41 pm
trespassers will wrote:
snood wrote:
Okay, you've convinced me, tres - when you do it, it's always in fun, in self defense, or otherwise justified. When others do it, they're unfairly attacking you... makes sense to me... Shocked

See? I knew you could tell the difference!

- TW

Yep - just like I can tell the difference between a fop and a gentleman; a smile and a leer. Just because you frost feces, doesn't make it cake.
And tres buddy, you're dripping in frosting.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 06:32 pm
Culture & Ideas 2/10/03
BY JOHN LEO
That flailing feeling
A Harvard University Press book exploring a fairly narrow question–why aren't there more black and Hispanic professors?–is about to take center stage in the affirmative action debate.
The book, Increasing Faculty Diversity: The Occupational Choices of High-Achieving Minority Students, reports that roughly 10 percent of high-achieving black and Hispanic college seniors want to become professors–about the same percentage as whites. But only a small pool of non-Asian minorities earn grades good enough to get them into graduate school. And the study finds that affirmative action is making things worse: It steers minority students to selective colleges where they are underqualified and likely to get lower grades. The low marks make them less likely to attend graduate school. They also erode students' confidence, often convincing them that they aren't suited for academic careers.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/030210/opinion/10john.htm
0 Replies