USA Today/Gallup: More people believe Bush and trust him....

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:45 am
Interesting poll by USA Today. They ask "Who did a better job in the debate?"; 53% say Kerry, 37% say Bush.

But now look at this:

"Who was more believable?"

Kerry 45%, Bush 50%

And look at this:

"Who is better to handle the situation in Iraq?"

Kerry 43%, Bush 54%

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/polls/2004-09-30-debate-poll.htm

So, in the eyes of most voters, Kerry won the debate.

But more voters believe Bush and think he is better able to handle the situation in Iraq.

You libs better start putting up your 'Hillary 2008' signs.... Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,777 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 04:08 am
That's the way I see it as well.

Kerry won on style.

Bush won on substance.

Style vs. substance....which will be more important to the voters on Nov 2?
0 Replies

rainforest

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 04:48 am
Larry? Bush won on substance? The man was not even sure who attacked on 9/11. he was reminded it was NOT Saddam Hussein but bin Laden. You call this substance? ROTFLMAO!
Some folks just are so surreal.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:01 am
Now I understand why USA Today is such a shallow newspaper, completely devoid of substance.

Its target audience is the low-brow crowd.

It is colorful though. Gotta give 'em that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:33 am
USA Today has amazing pie charts, you have to admit.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:34 am
As far as I know, it's also the American rag most widely read by Islamic fundamentalists.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:05 am
rainforest wrote:
Larry? Bush won on substance? The man was not even sure who attacked on 9/11. he was reminded it was NOT Saddam Hussein but bin Laden. You call this substance? ROTFLMAO!

Yep, Bush wins on substance according to me and the folks polled and the results cited here.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:05 am
don't start counting your chickens just yet
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041003/ap_on_el_pr/bush&cid=694&ncid=716

We still have two more debates to go to. It seems one advantage democrats have going for them this time in the debates is that sound bites just don't cut it and you really have do have to go with substance rather than sound bites and cutsy jokes followed with grimaces and "ah, um..."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:13 am
the election is in 4 weeks. Im comfortable to wait and see what happens on that day. Seems that the GOP is now running scared. It is a poll derived fact that kerry had made up any perceived deficits since the gOP convention , which, after all, was a big fear -fest.

'I dont put my trust in government, i put my trust in the wisdom of the American people" -GW Bush , Oct 2
(Since when has this administration asked anybody for their wisdom? )

i want to see Cheny and edwards . Thatll be a hoot.

RELAX and let the drama play . At least we have the candidates talking , not the swift boats or dan Rather.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 08:47 am
I too look forward to the Cheney-Edwards headbutting session.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:00 am
A chimichanga stuffed tight with **** has substance......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A chimichanga stuffed tight with **** has substance......

LOL, bear. That was a good one. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 12:11 pm
"More people believe Bush and trust him...." That about explains why our country is in the shet hole.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 12:19 pm
For those hoping for substance from W, you'r in for a big let down.

Democratic and GOP strategists said both candidates face new challenges as a result of the first debate.

For Bush, the immediate objective is to wipe away impressions of that debate, in which he appeared annoyed and irritated by Kerry's criticism. But just as significant may be how well he passes the test of explaining why he believes his policies in Iraq are working at a time when conditions on the ground suggest that the insurgency is stronger than ever. The longer the focus is on Bush's record, these strategists said, the more trouble he may have.

Republicans said Bush must avoid debating Kerry on the details of micromanaging foreign policy and return to statements of principle with which most voters agree, from the threat of Saddam Hussein to the need to stay in Iraq. And, said one GOP strategist, Bush needs to keep reminding voters about Sept. 11, 2001, and the impact of the terrorist attacks on the country.

Source
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:27 pm
rainforest wrote:

Yes they are rainforest, especially the ones who actually believe Bush isn't sure who attacked us on 9/11.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Now I understand why USA Today is such a shallow newspaper, completely devoid of substance.

Interesting.

They run a poll which doesn't happen to conform with how you would like things to be and that makes them shallow and devoid of substance.

Seems more like your basis for judging a paper is somewhat shallow and that unless it is replete with pro-Kerry substance it is marked for the "low-brow crowd."

But then you, as a high-brow, see these things so much more clearly than the rest of us poor dolts.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
squinney wrote:

Democratic and GOP strategists said both candidates face new challenges as a result of the first debate.

For Bush, the immediate objective is to wipe away impressions of that debate, in which he appeared annoyed and irritated by Kerry's criticism. But just as significant may be how well he passes the test of explaining why he believes his policies in Iraq are working at a time when conditions on the ground suggest that the insurgency is stronger than ever. The longer the focus is on Bush's record, these strategists said, the more trouble he may have.

Republicans said Bush must avoid debating Kerry on the details of micromanaging foreign policy and return to statements of principle with which most voters agree, from the threat of Saddam Hussein to the need to stay in Iraq. And, said one GOP strategist, Bush needs to keep reminding voters about Sept. 11, 2001, and the impact of the terrorist attacks on the country.

Source

I see you're still spinning this story like a dervish.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Of course, that right-wing Gallup organization also ran the poll, and everyone knows they are not to be trusted. Smile

I love you libs. Really.

Hillary 2008!
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:56 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
squinney wrote:

Source

I see you're still spinning this story like a dervish.

Who's spinning who? The Dems for saying the recent polling data showing a 10 point swing (+5 for Bush to + 5 for Kerry) is the results of the debate, or the Repubs who are looking for any possible sign of hope since their canidate was exposed for the abject failure he has been?

I actually watched a faux "news" show this morning breaking down the debate. They stopped after every Kerry segment and completely ignored Kerry's talking points. Kerry would say Bush has no plan, more of the same, no alliances and has single handedly dismantled the US's standing in the world. Bush would say Wrong war wrong choice wrong time. They would then say, well Bush "should have said" this, something to the effect of changing your mind, completely ignoring the accusations put forth by Kerry.

How about this, I call you a bold face liar, tell the whole country how you deceived them then tell on how you raped the middle class and gave money to all of your rich buddies. You tell me how I changed my mind. Tell me now who's winning the debate, you?

You seem intelligent enough to differentiate between spin and fact, and I would venture to guess you are not voting for Bush, only trying to present an alternative viewpoint. That this administration has been anything other then a miserable failure both at home and abroad.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
Interesting that some of our more notorious libs failed to comment on this.

When Bush is reelected, libs will flay and scream that it was a fixed election; might it be that they refuse to read any story that forces them out of liberal la-la land, and thus are not quite as informed as they pretend to be? Smile
0 Replies